Full Size Sedans Could Shrink

That's what I thought you would say.

And it's one of the reasons that, for at least the last 15 years or so, Falcon can't provide enough of an incremental business case in the U.S. for Ford to make the plunge.

So, I come back to some points I have made more than a few times:

• GRWD could be considered as a replacement for D3 and D2c, but
  • If the Taurus is going to be developed from a stretch/widened CD4, the business case will be very difficult if not impossible.
  • Lincoln is the only thing that could swing the balance, but that isn't likely.

I don't see a case for both, but ONE , REALLY well developed ( and preferably RWD based so as to appese a cheap fleet ala Police vehicle with a different top hat ) would be fantastic.....( note I said different top-hats for the fleet vehicle so as NOT to cheapen the retail side...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a case for both, but ONE , REALLY well developed ( and preferably RWD based so as to appese a cheap fleet ala Police vehicle with a different top hat ) would be fantastic.....( note I said different top-hats for the fleet vehicle so as NOT to cheapen the retail side...

Perhaps that's where something like a North American styled Falcon/Fairlane comes in, it would

still have the family resemblance but be different enough to avoid confusion with the Taurus.

It would also be a design FNA could grab quickly and utilize without much change/expense.

Edited by jpd80

Perhaps that's where something like a North American styled Falcon/Fairlane comes in, it would

still have the family resemblance but be different enough to avoid confusion with the Taurus.

but there in again lies the two models being marketed at once....one Chassis, two top hats.....

but there in again lies the two models being marketed at once....one Chassis, two top hats.....

Oh, it depends how much different you want it to be, different nose/tail would probably get you there....

I think China looms large in FoA's eyes, I know they'd love to get a luxury Falcon in there and if so,

that might give the business case for developing the LHD.

The guys are releasing a V6 diesel in the Territory and if they fitted the same unit to a Falcon,

I'm sure it would do well in Asia and Europe, maybe that something else FoA could do?

I don't see a case for both, but ONE , REALLY well developed ( and preferably RWD based so as to appese a cheap fleet ala Police vehicle with a different top hat ) would be fantastic.

Why even do that? It has no business case. if a new top hat was that cheap, why didn't the CV look different the PI? Doesn't make much sense to dump $$$ to make your el cheapo car look different then your every day Passenger car. Only sense it makes if you where going to make your luxury car look different then your every day car.

Why even do that? It has no business case. if a new top hat was that cheap, why didn't the CV look different the PI? Doesn't make much sense to dump $$$ to make your el cheapo car look different then your every day Passenger car. Only sense it makes if you where going to make your luxury car look different then your every day car.

but did the PI's have massaging seats?

develop the chassis first...de-content the PI model dramatically and make it VISUALLY different to the reatil market offering...Crown Vic was NEVER a luxury car....

Edited by Deanh

develop the chassis first...de-content the PI model dramatically and make it VISUALLY different to the reatil market offering...Crown Vic was NEVER a luxury car....

As stated before....the Town Car is Crown vic...

Anyways...all the de-contenting in the world isn't going to pay for a new tophat to make it look different enough from the civilian version. Your lucky to get new Facias....but why even bother spending all that money in first place in a segment of the market that might not be worth a profit on?

Depends on how you define such. If you mean gadgets, or spending a lot to impress the neighbors, then no. If you mean comfort, room, quietness, and the luxury of reliability and durability, then maybe so.

You can get gadgets on just about any vehicle. You cannot get the other attributes as easily.