Reviewers Hurl Criticism at 2010 Honda Insight

macattak1

Link

3. The Honda Insight’s engine is buzzy.

UK reviewer, Jeremy Clarkson, wrote, “The Honda’s petrol engine is a much-shaved, built-for-economy, low-friction 1.3 that, at full chat, makes a noise worse than someone else’s crying baby on an airliner. It’s worse than the sound of your parachute failing to open.

Peace and Blessings

They left out Clarkson's next sentence and paragraph which I thought was good.

Really, to get an idea of how awful it is, you’d have to sit a dog on a ham slicer.

So you’re sitting there with the engine screaming its head off, and your ears bleeding, and you’re doing only 23mph because that’s about the top speed, and you’re thinking things can’t get any worse, and then they do because you run over a small piece of grit.

:hysterical:

Supposedly it already has in the Monochrome Appearance Package, but in limited colors only (see link below):

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...showtopic=34075

Package available in: Tuxedo Black, Sport Blue Metallic, Sterling Grey Metallic, Sangria Red Metallic exterior colors with Charcoal Black interior only (SE and SEL)

Body Colored Grille

18" machined-aluminum wheels with painted pockets

P225/45R18 V-rated performance tires

Sport-tuned suspension

Rear spoiler

Unique finish on IP Spears and Center Stack

Package MSRP: $895 (Excludes tax)

Edited by Deanh

why does a hybrid have to look like a university experiement?

I agree, but I can at least understand that their shape has been shown to be the most aerodynamic supposedly, so that's that part of the goofy look...the rest - can't explain at all...

I agree, but I can at least understand that their shape has been shown to be the most aerodynamic supposedly, so that's that part of the goofy look...the rest - can't explain at all...

It is aerodynamic, but so are plenty of other shapes that are more pleasing to the eye. Are they as good? Probably not, but the difference would probably end up only being about a mile per gallon at 70 mph. I'll sacrifice that to drive something that doesn't look like a Dustbuster.

The idealists are expecting 'quantum leaps' from Honda and Toyota, and are getting peed. Too f-in bad, they have to learn more about engineering and physics and not expect "100 mpg cars" right away.

Honda and Toyota have only themselves to blame. They allowed this reputation for Christ-like miracles to build (helped by their own PR departments) as it sold cars at a better margin than Detroit.

Now they have to live with the consequences of not being able to deliver on it.

It is aerodynamic, but so are plenty of other shapes that are more pleasing to the eye. Are they as good? Probably not, but the difference would probably end up only being about a mile per gallon at 70 mph. I'll sacrifice that to drive something that doesn't look like a Dustbuster.

Hey, I completely agree...