Lincoln and Merury products off next Focus.

FYI I searched the US Patent and Trademark office records and found this:

Lincoln MKC, MKN and MKR are all still "live" but Lincoln MKE, MKF, MKV, MKSW and Navigator MK are all "dead" having expired this past year. I found no other MK-ect trademarks from Ford, such as MKG.

Edited by spudz64

I'm taking the with a grain of salt (especially the mercury count) but I believe Lincoln will have:

MKC: c2 based premium 5dr (A3 as main rival)

MKZ: CD4 lux sedan with EB I4 ( ES, TL, as rivasl)

MKR: GRWD sport sedan w/ V6s ( 3,C, IS as rivals)

MKS: GRWD lux sedan ( 5,E,GS, A6 as rivals)

MK9: GRWD based hard top conertible

MKG: C2 based 2 row small CUV

MKX: CD4 based 2-3 row midsize CUV

MKT: CD4 based 3 row large CUV

I think that covers all the best bases for now. I'd love to see a proper flagship one day but Lincoln isn't there yet. I think the Navigator should die because it contrasts too much with the brands identity as classy, flowing automobiles as seen in the MKS and MKT.

^^ GOOD WORK, spudz!!!

not that I'll let Facts stand in my way ;)

I'm taking the with a grain of salt (especially the mercury count) but I believe Lincoln will have:

...(see below)...

I think that covers all the best bases for now. I'd love to see a proper flagship one day but Lincoln isn't there yet. I think the Navigator should die because it contrasts too much with the brands identity as classy, flowing automobiles as seen in the MKS and MKT.

imho the Lux segment can support a big SUV IF there's an Expedition for volume, but

MKC: c2/A3 (too many small, too soon & prefer this 'name' as 2nd choice for the MKE)

MKZ: yup

MKR: GRWD (too soon & I prefer "HRL")

MKS: as is (GRWD too soon & I prefer "Continental")

MK9: GRWD (nope too dupe)

MKG: C2CUV (YUP! obvious 'name' choice to me, even sounds "cute" :))

MKX: yup

MKT: yup

MKE: MKS's big brother on MKT wlb (the 'name' could easily be wrong -- I just like how it sounds like XKE ;) and could be thought of as Extra or Elongated)

not trying to pick on you, ds91776 - actually seemed you & I are pretty close

edit: just noticed all my MK-names have either a short or long E sound for their last initial :D

& I STILL don't want MucK alphabet-soup on any GRwdP(GLMR) cars!!!

Edited by 2b2

I really hope they don't kill the Navigator...

It is my favorite Lincoln...always has been.

I think what Ford should do is spend a little money on it... fix it up slight refresh on the exterior(I really dislike the backside of the new one...its too flat and simple compared to the front...and those lights are awful)

And then put a diesel in it and make it a hybrid as well.

That would attract quite a crowd, luxury buyers, tech buyers, fuel conscious SUV lovers, etc.

And it would give Ford a lot of bragging rights as being the first to come out with a diesel hybrid

Ford...please please please dont kill the Navigator...

Diesel hybrids have inherent engineering issues that are unlikely to be solved in the next few years.

Besides, I can't see such a thing selling well. Certainly the Escalade Hybrid doesn't seem to be selling well.

Diesel hybrids have inherent engineering issues that are unlikely to be solved in the next few years.

Besides, I can't see such a thing selling well. Certainly the Escalade Hybrid doesn't seem to be selling well.

And yet Volvo will release a diesel hybrid in Europe and ROW in the near future.

North America needs to be patient and work with Ecoboost engines for now but in the future

a low NOX diesel would be perfect for making heavy CUVs and Trucks into fuel efficient vehicles.

wouldn't be anything to do with the HOPRRENDOUS MSRP at all would it...ALERT...just got a 2010 F-250 4x4 diesel lariat MSRP almost $58000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news/20...down/index.html

Lincoln gets Escape like CUV off the Next Focus. Mercury gets 4 doors sedan off Next Focus. Lincoln will be slimmed down to only 6 offerings, Mercury will get slimmed down to 3.

The article only said Lincoln "may" be slimmed down to 6 offerings...

Wait... MKz, MKt, MKs, MKx ,and an escape version while Town Car and Navigator get the axe. They never say what the sixth will be!

I guess they were implying that this MKG (Kuga) would be the 6th vehicle.

I just thought of something, Considering that Lincolns get all new tophats, Ford could do this:

Kuga/New Escape: Truck like Tophat

Mercury Kuga: FoE Kuga Styling with Mercury styling cues

Lincoln Kuga: All new Tophat with styling similar to the MKT or even the MKC Concept

I agree with this idea.

But the Explorer isn't for Ford?

The MKT is much bigger than a CX-9.

A vehicle between the MKX and MKT would be a mistake, IMO....they would cannibalize each other's sales.

There would be a larger difference in size than there will be between the MKuga and the MKX.

Soon Ford will have

Escape, which will be close in size to the Edge, which will be close in size to the Explorer, which will be close in size to the Flex, which will be close in size to the Expedition, which is slightly smaller than the Expedition EL.

The MKT is a large vehicle, and not very SUV looking. I think Lincoln would be better served by offering a three row option of the MKX as well.

As I said above, I disagree.....due to cannibalization.

That said, I did do a chop of a 7-passenger Edge:

edge7pass.jpg

FYI I searched the US Patent and Trademark office records and found this:

Lincoln MKC, MKN and MKR are all still "live" but Lincoln MKE, MKF, MKV, MKSW and Navigator MK are all "dead" having expired this past year. I found no other MK-ect trademarks from Ford, such as MKG.

Here's my MKC:

mkc-12.jpg

Edited by rmc523

Lincoln needs to get out of the FWD/AWD mindset. Leave that for Mercury and Ford. When even Hyundai is coming out with RWD models, Lincoln is going to have a hard time regaining traction when they have nothing on a modern RWD platform. I realize they don't have the money to do this right now, but as soon as humanly possible GRWD needs to be fastracked to get a new RWD sedan on the market.

The next MKS needs to shed a lot of weight. The current MKS went too much after Buick and the Lexus ES crowd and not enough after the Audi A6 crowd. It needs to be nimbler, and it needs a performance engine above the EcoBoost to match the 380+ hp the Germans are putting out.

The next MKZ needs to continue to distance itself from the Fusion, at least stylistically if not mechanically. I personally would prefer that Ford develop its own RWD "Alpha" platform ala GM, but I don't see anything like that happening for a long time. The biggest problem for Lincoln right now is that the products are getting better, but for the average Joe non-Ford loyalist they still see Lincoln as tarted up Fords. And for those of us who are Lincoln fans, it is really hard to defend that because there is some truth to it. A small 3-series, C-class, and CTS competitor would go a long way toward restoring the brand's credibility. I drive a Lincoln LS and it was the start of a good formula that Ford failed to follow up on. Lincoln needs a new LS type vehicle, IMO.

I'm fine with the small Kuga-based crossover, but the small car C-concept or whatever rubs me the wrong way. I'd rather see that go to Mercury.