2010 Taurus SHO breaks into the 13s

Very nice.....

Its pulling about the same times as the 2010 Mustang GT :D

Not bad for being extremely overweight (according to some). It's only got an extra 50 horses, so the AWD and superior torque curve must really be getting the power to the pavement.

Who says there's no replacement for displacement (and cylinders)!

Edited by fordmantpw

Even Motor Trend managed a 13.5 at 104 out of the 2010 GT.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes...rior_specs.html

Exactly, and I realize that this was a 2010 GT w/Track Pack. I'm wondering if the SHO running a 13.9 had the performance package (lower gears). I have a feeling that the SHO will run mid 13's, but I still don't understand this comment "It's pulling about the same times as a 2010 Mustang GT". 13.5 in a quarter versus 13.9 in a quarter is not "about the same times". It's like saying a 13.1 in a Camaro SS is about the same time as a 13.5 in a Mustang GT...it's just not true.

13.5 in a quarter versus 13.9 in a quarter is not "about the same times".

It's < 3% difference...that's really not that far off. Besides, you can't really compare until the cars are on the exact same track at the exact same time driven by the exact same drivers. Any of those variables could cause a +/- 3% margin of error. Anyone familiar with track times should know that. I do, and I've never even been to a drag strip!

Edited by fordmantpw

Gotcha, fordmanptw, that's the reason why I asked, which dragstrips are the 2010 GT's running 13.9 at? Back on topic though, I wonder if the SHO with the performance pack numbers will be that much different than the SHO without.

I'd like to see with/without perf pack numbers to see the comparison as well...

Huh? Not saying this isn't impressive for a car of it's size, but which dragstrip are 2010 Mustang GT's running 13.9's?

So the relatively modest horsepower meant our Mustang could still hustle to 0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds and run through the 1/4-mile in 13.9 seconds at 102 mph

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/auto...ws/4309423.html

Thats where I got my info, but I've seen higher trap speeds/lower ET times on other sites....in the real world they are with in spitting difference of one another...

I've said it before, and I will say it again................ I want to see times, in cool air. I want to see some of those nice sea level, fall/early winter numbers............ when the RWD vehicles are struggling to get traction, with their hard, cold street tires. All the while, the SHO, will just go................

:D :D

It's amusing that the noisiest was the slowest ;).

It's remarkable how quick cars have gotten since the 80's and 90's, we take this for granted.

I remember when my Lincoln Continental got 265 horsepower and now the Ford Fusion can be had with nearly as much for half the price and two less cylinders (and two more gears).

• 4 weeks later...

I-6 Falcon with single turbo, PFI and 6-speed ZF auto puts down a 13.2.

I guess 13.5 for the much heavier AWD D3 Taurus Ecoboost is pretty good..... :rolleyes:

Based on G8 pricing, the XR6 Turbo and XR8 would probably sell for about $7,000 less too,

but unfortunately I guess we'll never know whether that is true...:shrug:

Edited by jpd80

There was a good link from the youtube page for an excellent review by CNET.

For those of you that know CNET, it's a very good review for Ford!

CNET reviews Autos? Talk about overreaching... Does anyone else remember using Lynx to access the Shareware Search Engine they acquired from... well I don't know who ran it before they acquired it, but I'll just leave it as "the shareware search engine"?