KCAP put us in Danger

dividedwebeg

KCAP voted down our future. We need these products committed to our plants. AAI will be a 90% yes. We need these jobs to become a stromger larger UAW Ford workforce. I talked to Browning again yesterday and we can grieve and strike over the company if they do not put these products in our plants.

Again I plead with my brothers and sisters please vote yes. We need these jobs.

KCAP voted down our future. We need these products committed to our plants. AAI will be a 90% yes. We need these jobs to become a stromger larger UAW Ford workforce. I talked to Browning again yesterday and we can grieve and strike over the company if they do not put these products in our plants.

I can't believe no one talks about the guarantees on here. The guarantees are the 110 million dollar tax break Ford got from the state of Michigan to keep or add products to plants in Michigan. The company negotiated that with Michigan Economic Development Corporation. An how about the low interest loan Ford received from the Goverment for 5 billion dollars. Which clearly states the money has to be use in the United States on retooling plants for more fuel efficient vehicals. Again the company is doing that. Those guarantees are binding to Ford Motor Company to the State of Michigan and the Federal Goverment. If Fords wants to give back the money and tax break then they can pull the commitments. UNtill that happens I don't want to hear about when IUAW says we got product commitments. They might have lobbied Goverments to give the breaks and loans. But the jobs saved or commited by the money Goverments gave is just that. Nothing won by the IUAW. The IUAW can only tell us in the modifications that if vehical sales don't go down then products might come. NO GUARANTEES!!!!! All this while analist are saying Ford will post a NORTH AMERICAN PROFIT next week for the 3rd quarter. I don't want the yes voters to be mad at the company when they REWARD SALARY in the future with 100's of millions in bonuses for making set goals and improvements and PROFITS. While we will only get a raise in the next 6 years if the company feels like giving us one!!!!!! Keep drinking the kool-aid. I'm tired of the HALF TRUTHS FROM THE IUAW. An they think people that disagree with them are misleading.

Divided we will stand with you in 2011 to renegotiate new product commitments. Please understand; giving up the right to strike (if we go to arbitration we can Not strike on any other issue until resolved) is huge.

If Ford does not fulfill their commitments to not only AAI but other plants across the country if we are in arbitration we could not even fight for you then.

I want a fighting chance in 2011 , I do not want to further the gap between seniority employees and new hires.

I want a fighting chance for product allocations (and not just a promise of some vehicle that we can not speak of, or a product that will never come), ask OHAP workers how they feel.

I want a fighting chance for our retirees to be able to keep up with inflation (ya benefit gains subject to arbitration).

I want a chance to not let down our brothers and sisters at GM and Chrysler who can not fight for themselves.

I want a chance to fight for myself and coworkers so we can add full paid and benefited workers in the future (eventually they will vote on our pension benefits).

I want a fighting chance for a slice of the profit pie that we the workers made huge sacrifices to enable the company to make the profits that are sure to come.

Please I ask you not to throw away our only threat to accomplish these things, I ask you not to further the divide between traditional workers and new workers.

We will never give enough until we are making minimum wage along with company huge profits, and I am certain even then they will want more.

At some point we must make a stand and say we have a contract fulfill it and we will renegotiate when it expires, don't and we will kill your profits.

What I am asking may not be easy , but trust me neither side wants the worst possible outcome to happen. That is why I am certain we will continue our good relations with Ford come 2011, for the betterment of both company and worker; with the tools that made us what we are in place and not broken.

I can't believe no one talks about the guarantees on here. The guarantees are the 110 million dollar tax break Ford got from the state of Michigan to keep or add products to plants in Michigan. The company negotiated that with Michigan Economic Development Corporation. An how about the low interest loan Ford received from the Goverment for 5 billion dollars. Which clearly states the money has to be use in the United States on retooling plants for more fuel efficient vehicals. Again the company is doing that. Those guarantees are binding to Ford Motor Company to the State of Michigan and the Federal Goverment. If Fords wants to give back the money and tax break then they can pull the commitments. UNtill that happens I don't want to hear about when IUAW says we got product commitments. They might have lobbied Goverments to give the breaks and loans. But the jobs saved or commited by the money Goverments gave is just that. Nothing won by the IUAW. The IUAW can only tell us in the modifications that if vehical sales don't go down then products might come. NO GUARANTEES!!!!! All this while analist are saying Ford will post a NORTH AMERICAN PROFIT next week for the 3rd quarter. I don't want the yes voters to be mad at the company when they REWARD SALARY in the future with 100's of millions in bonuses for making set goals and improvements and PROFITS. While we will only get a raise in the next 6 years if the company feels like giving us one!!!!!! Keep drinking the kool-aid. I'm tired of the HALF TRUTHS FROM THE IUAW. An they think people that disagree with them are misleading.

KCAP took a big gamble. We at AAI want new work as well as the above listed. We are talking about jobs staying in our plants. Product can move to fill up plants. I think Pioneer stated there are 4 plants running 1 shift right now. In 2011 the company can take the Mustang from AAI and put it anywhere.

Peoples lives as we know it are in jeopardy.

KCAP could possibly lose if this does not pass.

Example if this Mod does not pass::::

1) Escape to LAP, Mustang to LAP

2) All F150 production to Dearborn and KTP

3) Transit to OHAP

4) KCAP closure

5) AAI closure

6) Romeo, Lima possible closure

7) Walton Hills and Sharonville uncertain Futures

8) Sterling will not get new work and slowly lose work to vendors

So its quite simple. Dont gamble. We can strike over these committments as Browning told me yesterday.

Peoples lives are at risk.

A yes vote guarentees our future. A no vote will cause our membership to drop and our strength weakend

KCAP took a big gamble. We at AAI want new work as well as the above listed. We are talking about jobs staying in our plants. Product can move to fill up plants. I think Pioneer stated there are 4 plants running 1 shift right now. In 2011 the company can take the Mustang from AAI and put it anywhere.

3) Transit to OHAP

4) KCAP closure

5) AAI closure

So its quite simple. Dont gamble. We can strike over these committments as Browning told me yesterday.

A yes vote guarentees our future. A no vote will cause our membership to drop and our strength weakend

That is an awful lot of money that the company would require to make all those moves.

I work at the newest plant in Ford N.A and we can not even make the 8ft box that is a option for the product we where built to make.

You expect me to believe that at the drop of a hat Ford with its financial burden can accomplish this feat within a short period of time and remain profitable? come on lets be realistic please.

You sir ...have no balls.

The Mustang will stay at AAI through the current product life cycle (2014). They won't up and move the Mustang mid-model.

You are being selfish, rather than looking out for the entire membership as a whole. What kind of name is "dividedwebeg" if you are doing that crap?

KCAP did the right thing and I expect all of the other plants to do the same. In 2011, we can negotiate a new contract. This one has been opened one too many times!

As of now we can strike the company if needed.When I see the International and their little yes men spinning their fear tactics,I am reminded of F.D.R'S STATEMENT,"WE HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR BUT FEAR ITSELF!Argue the changes on their merits not on scare tactics.Seems to me that the International is beginning to lose the arguement.

The Mustang will stay at AAI through the current product life cycle (2014). They won't up and move the Mustang mid-model.

You are being selfish, rather than looking out for the entire membership as a whole. What kind of name is "dividedwebeg" if you are doing that crap?

KCAP did the right thing and I expect all of the other plants to do the same. In 2011, we can negotiate a new contract. This one has been opened one too many times!

stand up and say no or cower down and let real men fight this battle like Walter did

years ago!!!

You got to be freaking kidding me VOTE yes on this shit sandwich!!!!! I dont think so, we will only weaken ourselves if this passes. we will get the work they promised when I gave up almost 10K a year 7 months ago! We need to hold the union and Fords feet to the fire and say hell no! some of these plants being convinced to vote yes need to grow a spine and some balls to boot. Michigan had the nerve to stand up to "our" leadership we all should do the same. quit crying about me me me and think about everyone as a whole, thats what being union is about.

Bunch of Fucking babies!!

grow a pair and vote NO!!!!!!!!

Sterling isn't in trouble....

Don't be afraid to stand together in this struggle for labor....

Vote NO....

Solidarity

As of now we can strike the company if needed.When I see the International and their little yes men spinning their fear tactics,I am reminded of F.D.R'S STATEMENT,"WE HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR BUT FEAR ITSELF!Argue the changes on their merits not on scare tactics.Seems to me that the International is beginning to lose the arguement.

And that's precisely what it is! Fear mongering! They cannot argue on the merits of the "modifications" (concessions" because there are none! Have you noticed that the fear mongering has increased in intesity as the voting goes on?! Why? Because they aren't getting the totals that they need to pass this! That is why every vote is critical! This is a very bad proposal and I, for one, am embarassed that our so-called representatives would even bring something like this to us in the first place! That's another point for the referendum vote on the IUAW! If we had that, we could vote those imbeciles out of office before they destroy the UAW entirely! Furthermore, it would stop them from becoming complacent in their "untouchability" because they would truly be answerable to the rank and file membership! We've already seen that for the most part, we can't even trust our local delegates to Sub Council and National Ford! They continue to be intimidated by the IUAW! I'm glad the membership seems to finally be getting wise to them!

And that's precisely what it is! Fear mongering! They cannot argue on the merits of the "modifications" (concessions" because there are none! Have you noticed that the fear mongering has increased in intesity as the voting goes on?! Why? Because they aren't getting the totals that they need to pass this! That is why every vote is critical! This is a very bad proposal and I, for one, am embarassed that our so-called representatives would even bring something like this to us in the first place! That's another point for the referendum vote on the IUAW! If we had that, we could vote those imbeciles out of office before they destroy the UAW entirely! Furthermore, it would stop them from becoming complacent in their "untouchability" because they would truly be answerable to the rank and file membership! We've already seen that for the most part, we can't even trust our local delegates to Sub Council and National Ford! They continue to be intimidated by the IUAW! I'm glad the membership seems to finally be getting wise to them!

Well said.

Divided we will stand with you in 2011 to renegotiate new product commitments. Please understand; giving up the right to strike (if we go to arbitration we can Not strike on any other issue until resolved) is huge.

If Ford does not fulfill their commitments to not only AAI but other plants across the country if we are in arbitration we could not even fight for you then.

I want a fighting chance in 2011 , I do not want to further the gap between seniority employees and new hires.

I want a fighting chance for product allocations (and not just a promise of some vehicle that we can not speak of, or a product that will never come), ask OHAP workers how they feel.

I want a fighting chance for our retirees to be able to keep up with inflation (ya benefit gains subject to arbitration).

I want a chance to not let down our brothers and sisters at GM and Chrysler who can not fight for themselves.

I want a chance to fight for myself and coworkers so we can add full paid and benefited workers in the future (eventually they will vote on our pension benefits).

I want a fighting chance for a slice of the profit pie that we the workers made huge sacrifices to enable the company to make the profits that are sure to come.

Please I ask you not to throw away our only threat to accomplish these things, I ask you not to further the divide between traditional workers and new workers.

We will never give enough until we are making minimum wage along with company huge profits, and I am certain even then they will want more.

At some point we must make a stand and say we have a contract fulfill it and we will renegotiate when it expires, don't and we will kill your profits.

What I am asking may not be easy , but trust me neither side wants the worst possible outcome to happen. That is why I am certain we will continue our good relations with Ford come 2011, for the betterment of both company and worker; with the tools that made us what we are in place and not broken.

And what about a fighting chance for a skilled tradesman to do the job they were trained to do. I take a tremendous amount of pride in performing the trade I apprenticed some 25 years ago. For someone to be able to do my job (without me being able to grieve on misassignment of work) would be a slap in the face. Our wages have already been frozen. COLA is gone. Benefits have gone and copays have risen. And they want to remove our right to strike. We might as well be non-union if that is the case.

Amen!!!! Stand for something or die for nothing

:censored:

3) Transit to OHAP

4) KCAP closure

5) AAI closure

:banghead: you are a bunch of spineless people

Grow some balls Stand up don't roll over

:censored:

:banghead: you are a bunch of spineless people

Grow some balls Stand up don't roll over

A YES vote will seal your fate.. the Company is making money.. they don't want to share with the workers who got them there.

WHEN has the Company ever agreed to something without an ulterior motive?

WOULD Mulally or Fields accept a similiar contract.. NO....they like where they're at.

The UAW bargainers are on their way out... most won't be around for the fall out.

Do we want to be treated like FORD SALARIED EMPLOYEES?

Ford can move the Mustang or it can take advantage of more tax abatements that have been given big time by the City of Flat Rock. I'm seriously doubting that Mustang will move, however, the Mustang sales are way off and the car needs a refreshed look. You will lose product if sales don't improve not just by saying yes to a contract. Dividedwebeg you need to look at Monthly Sales Report and stop listening to Chuck Browning. The Mustang has ben in Michigan this long, I would be shocked if it moved to another state. Spare me with what a union rep is telling you. I'm sure he is getting ready for his IUAW appt. soon if not already. Worst case scenerio, if the Mustang leaves, you may follow it to where it goes.

Mustang sales suck! Redesigning the Mustang is what is going to save it, not a yes on a contact. Seriously, moving a product and people is very costly. The Mustang just got moved there in 2004. They all want you to believe you are going to lose without a yes vote. Why on earth would they move a low selling product to another plant instead of a newer refreshed model being built right there. Also, you line is already equipped to flexible manufacturing of several vehicles and has been for a long time. This is what Ford wants all of its plants to have. For all you know you might be getting another product on top of the Mustang or Mazda 6.

Look! Ford Motor Company wants what Gm & Chrysler has, plain and simple. They see now is the time to make the deal (Leverage)

all the fear mongering and heated discussion will solve nothing. The UAW prides itself on its democratic principals, what we are seeing is democracy in action. Get over it and vot your conscience. Push comes to shove some people maybe out looking for a job, or a good card board refridgerator box.

Edited by nvsked

KCAP gave us our future back.Thank You.Vote No.