2011 Fiesta american version.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what the next Focus will look like Stateside its gonna be close sized and have almost the same identical shape as this Fiesta what will it have to offer thats different other than a few inchs of extra space here or there, will the Fiesta eat into Focus sales?

focus will be bigger ( guess 6-8 inches )......and probably even more opulent

focus will be bigger ( guess 6-8 inches )......and probably even more opulent

Thanks for the info Deanh, Euro Fiesta has 5 more inchs front legroom than the Euro Focus.

Great to see new Focus will be more spacious Deanh, but still wonder if the US buyer will want to pay the more opulent price in these credit crunch times we live in?

Thanks for the info Deanh, Euro Fiesta has 5 more inchs front legroom than the Euro Focus.

Great to see new Focus will be more spacious Deanh, but still wonder if the US buyer will want to pay the more opulent price in these credit crunch times we live in?

I think so...powertrains etc will probably all be different as well....

I agree. I'm afraid the new Focus is going to turn into a $25,000 vehicle reasonably outfitted. That is too much for a Focus IMO. Hyundai/Kia do so well because many of their products are under $20,000 and still more under $15,000 even when reasonably equipped. Ford is the home of the Model T and should be more like Hyundai/Kia and less like some premium brand.

remember , its their entry level car...heres crossing fingers though

Hey wash your mouth out with soap. None of that entry level talk around the Fiesta, :stop: unless premium is added to the entry level label.

Remember you want these types of comments "but the quality of the interior exceeded our expectations for a budget hatchback and will likely surprise customers coming from Toyota or Honda".

Hey wash your mouth out with soap. None of that entry level talk around the Fiesta, :stop: unless premium is added to the entry level label.

Remember you want these types of comments "but the quality of the interior exceeded our expectations for a budget hatchback and will likely surprise customers coming from Toyota or Honda".

oh, I have 100% cofidence it will be fine based on the recently released vehicles ( Flex, Taurus, mustang etc ) they have stepped up their interior game BIG time......

I agree. I'm afraid the new Focus is going to turn into a $25,000 vehicle reasonably outfitted. That is too much for a Focus IMO. Hyundai/Kia do so well because many of their products are under $20,000 and still more under $15,000 even when reasonably equipped. Ford is the home of the Model T and should be more like Hyundai/Kia and less like some premium brand.

Ford is doing here what VW did in the Mid 90's in Europe -- they are (slowly) moving up market, though VW did it faster. They are not going to build cheap cars -- people in Ford realize that there will be Chinese and Indian manufactures here in the near future and need to position the brand as more up market than your standard everyday car. They are making quality, safety and technology advances so that people want to own Ford automobiles. If you want to drive a Ford you are going to be driving a class leading vehicle, but you are going to pay more for it. This is better for the consumer of a Ford because they know the vehicle will last and better for the company as they can charge more for the vehicle and thereby be profitable.

Exactly.

Ford management is smart enough to realize that they will never be able to out Hyundai/Kia, Hyundai and Kia. They are also looking to the future, which is what smart management does.

Build a damn good vehicle, that presents a good value proposition due to quality, safety, features, and tech. Charge the appropriate amount of money for said vehicle, and make an actual profit on every one they make. This is what will keep Ford successful, heading into a future filled with "cheap" overseas built cars.

You want Ford to out Hyundai/Kia............. then I guess they better start selling 30%+ of their vehicles to rental fleets. That is the only way to outdo the Korean Big 2.

Ford is doing here what VW did in the Mid 90's in Europe -- they are (slowly) moving up market, though VW did it faster. They are not going to build cheap cars -- people in Ford realize that there will be Chinese and Indian manufactures here in the near future and need to position the brand as more up market than your standard everyday car. They are making quality, safety and technology advances so that people want to own Ford automobiles. If you want to drive a Ford you are going to be driving a class leading vehicle, but you are going to pay more for it. This is better for the consumer of a Ford because they know the vehicle will last and better for the company as they can charge more for the vehicle and thereby be profitable.

What happens when the Chinese get their hands on Volvo whose Engineers had a lot to do with improvements in handling of Focus & Mondeos won't they go up market at Kia prices?

No, I have to avoid the red lights at all cost! So I just squint really hard when I see them and just keep going as fast as I can!

lol.....back to the interior...I sure hope they offer the two tone dash ( black with a cranberry color ) I have seen in several releases, breaks up the monotone and adds interest and class...cannot wait to spec MINE out...mooohooohahahaha! ( secret wish 6 speed manual...sigh )

lol.....back to the interior...I sure hope they offer the two tone dash ( black with a cranberry color ) I have seen in several releases, breaks up the monotone and adds interest and class...cannot wait to spec MINE out...mooohooohahahaha! ( secret wish 6 speed manual...sigh )

You and many people are really excited about these cars ;)

Me, I'm all about the next Edge/MKX ;)

You and many people are really excited about these cars ;)

Me, I'm all about the next Edge/MKX ;)

I would have an eco Flex in a heartbeat....however budget does come into the equation. :banghead: ...hopefully when this one is free and clear Ford will have RS models of the Focus and Fiesta to choose from...THAT wets my appetite...next Edge has me curious....

people in Ford realize that there will be Chinese and Indian manufactures here in the near future and need to position the brand as more up market than your standard everyday car. They are making quality, safety and technology advances so that people want to own Ford automobiles. If you want to drive a Ford you are going to be driving a class leading vehicle, but you are going to pay more for it. This is better for the consumer of a Ford because they know the vehicle will last and better for the company as they can charge more for the vehicle and thereby be profitable.

I have to totally agree...a co-worker has an Escape and its typical "Cheap" Ford from the mid 2000's...sorta like my Mustang. My friends 2010 Escape is a major step-up...it has more features then most luxury cars did 10 years ago and comes in at a great price point of 25K or so.

There is nothing wrong with charging more for a car that has better materials/features then its competition as long as its in reason.

Then going forward.....I see it this way:

20% of potential customer base will never buy a car or truck......just use mass transit, scooters, bikes, and maybe rent a car when needed or "sharing" a vehicle that is getting more popular.

30% will be able to buy premium vehicles like Fords and BMWs and such.

50% will be either buying used or buying Korean or Chinese.

20% of potential customer base will never buy a car or truck......just use mass transit, scooters, bikes, and maybe rent a car when needed or "sharing" a vehicle that is getting more popular.

I beleive the market will boom in the sub 35k side of the market...after THIS recession I beleive an indeligible scar has surfaced, similar to the $4.50 a gallon gas debaucle.....people will NOT forget this time.....buyers will THINK rather than being impulsive, and the bank they were using as a cash supply ( their house ) may take YEARS to re-coup.....

Looking ahead, I would put myself in used category for first time since I was a kid. I will not spend $25,000 on a Focus when my home has sunk over 30% in value, and I will not spend $30,000 on a well equipped Fusion. And I will not spend $35,000 on a well equipped Taurus SEL Limited.

A buddy of mine just bought a 2009 E-350AWD XLT with 4,000 miles for $18,000. Now why in hell would I spend $25,000 on a 2012 Focus that is well equipped. Used for me from now on from Ford of course.

Looking ahead, I would put myself in used category for first time since I was a kid. I will not spend $25,000 on a Focus when my home has sunk over 30% in value, and I will not spend $30,000 on a well equipped Fusion. And I will not spend $35,000 on a well equipped Taurus SEL Limited.

A buddy of mine just bought a 2009 E-350AWD XLT with 4,000 miles for $18,000. Now why in hell would I spend $25,000 on a 2012 Focus that is well equipped. Used for me from now on from Ford of course.

e-350 AWD...please enlighten me....Fords never made one....

e-350 AWD...please enlighten me....Fords never made one....

There's a company in Minnesota (I think) that upfits the E series to AWD. Up until a few years ago one of our live ENG units was a late 80's diesel E series with an AWD upfit and a big box out back outfitted for full editing and production. That truck was a monster, and gave us something like 750,000 miles.

EDIT: Jelly can you PLEASE shrink the width of your sig?

Edited by PREMiERdrum