Toyota exec says sales rise 50 pct from March 2009

2005Explorer

ERLANGER, Ky. — A high-ranking Toyota executive says the automaker's North American sales spiked around 50 percent the first eight days of March as incentives helped lure customers after a series of embarrassing safety recalls.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gZBdmhJF74fQoPoM1aEMNn17fDswD9EBD4IG3

There you have it folks. Nothing can stop the big "T"! Of course all of the new incentives are helping a lot, but it still must make Toyota smile to know they can't be taken down.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gZBdmhJF74fQoPoM1aEMNn17fDswD9EBD4IG3

There you have it folks. Nothing can stop the big "T"! Of course all of the new incentives are helping a lot, but it still must make Toyota smile to know they can't be taken down.

hear that buzing in the background...thats intra-dealer phones going off the hook, all asking the same question..."Did you sell more cars compared with 09, cause we sure as hell didnt....." I call PR stunt in the light of all the current egg foo young on the face......

so did Toyoduh buy all those cars and bury them? or are there that many folks in denial...

'buh,buh,but toyoduh is the best, Ive never had a problem'... looking more like that attitude is more luck than the ultimate quality reputation heaped until recently by the media their way...a shame its taken a bunch of flaming wrecks before anyone would even consider not assuming toyota=quality, a shame the NHTSA gurus dismissed so many claims up till a cop and his family died while on a 911 call, a shame folks bought all the hype. Just a matter of time till a prius slams into a busload of nuns or something- toyotas incessant fumbling I think has sealed their fate...they are now a joke on TV, on internet forums, youtube...I loved this one that someone put up earlier: http://toyotasimulator.com/ :)

Edited by ford4v429

They're pulling ahead their sales. They'll pay back those sales whenever they drop these gigantic incentives.

Remember in Return of the Jedi, where the Emperor suggests that Luke strike down Darth so that his journey to the darkside would be complete?

Well, Toyota's transformation into an arrogant, bloated, incentive driven imitation of GM is complete.

Edited by RichardJensen

They're pulling ahead their sales. They'll pay back those sales whenever they drop these gigantic incentives.

Remember in Return of the Jedi, where the Emperor suggests that Luke strike down Darth so that his journey to the darkside would be complete?

Well, Toyota's transformation into an arrogant, bloated, incentive driven imitation of GM is complete.

Who are these daft bastards from the DARK SIDE that will still buy Toyota Prius with no brakes and gas pedals that stick open however crap no good they are?

Americans.

Yesterday I talked this news with one of my friend in Ford. He said that Ford sales in firs 9 days were much much better than what Toyota said. So toyota's new means nothing. The atuo market may just pick up. I think best job for Toyodas is to be illusionists. They likes to play with number to hide the truth

• Like 1

Yesterday I talked this news with one of my friend in Ford. He said that Ford sales in firs 9 days were much much better than what Toyota said. So toyota's new means nothing. The atuo market may just pick up. I think best job for Toyodas is to be illusionists. They likes to play with number to hide the truth

You make a great point about industry sales in early March.

Maybe the entire industry is recovering sales lost in February due to the weather? Recall that the point was made after February's sales were released that the month would have been much better had it not been for all the storms in the northeast. Perhaps there was some pent-up demand coming out of the month and now that the snow is melting, customers are buying across all brands?

More positive press about Toyota sales.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-10/toyota-s-bargains-may-boost-sales-30-edmunds-says-update1-.html

I must say however this will encourage Toyota to keep going down the same path. These results only add to the fact they think they are 10 feet tall and bulletproof. Just throw money on the hoods, continue their cost cutting ways and hope they can keep tricking people into buying them based on an outdated reputation. Will owner loyalty finally suffer? I don't know. It seems America is still in love with anything not American no matter how unsafe it might be.

The question is what happens when they drop the amazing incentives. It is funny how the Detroit automakers have been criticized for increasing incentives for sales, however if you start to read about what Toyota is doing people claim it is smart business.

Akio Toyoda is probably laughing right now. No matter how bad the press is or how many lives are lost Toyota can't lose.

Sorry to be so negative I just don't see how people could keep coming back for more from a company that really doesn't care. Just imagine if Toyota beats Ford for March it means that Toyota is back and no one cares about safety unless it involves an American automaker. No consumer would ever give a break to Ford like they are giving to Toyota even with record incentives.

I actually think the public is now MORE aware of Toyota's issues due to the new incentives. They NEVER offered 0% for 60 months to my knowledge. That is all I saw on TV tonight. They are the new GM. Who knows, Ford may be the top seller for 2010. If they are, let us hope that Alan keeps the underdog perspective that has taken us to the top of the game! I don't want Ford to be the best seller if we lose all of our advances in quality.

Sounds like Ford picked the up tick perfectly, they have increased production this quarter so getting customers into those more expensive and desirable vehicles has to be top priority.

More positive press about Toyota sales.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-10/toyota-s-bargains-may-boost-sales-30-edmunds-says-update1-.html

I must say however this will encourage Toyota to keep going down the same path. These results only add to the fact they think they are 10 feet tall and bulletproof. Just throw money on the hoods, continue their cost cutting ways and hope they can keep tricking people into buying them based on an outdated reputation. Will owner loyalty finally suffer? I don't know. It seems America is still in love with anything not American no matter how unsafe it might be.

The question is what happens when they drop the amazing incentives. It is funny how the Detroit automakers have been criticized for increasing incentives for sales, however if you start to read about what Toyota is doing people claim it is smart business.

Akio Toyoda is probably laughing right now. No matter how bad the press is or how many lives are lost Toyota can't lose.

Sorry to be so negative I just don't see how people could keep coming back for more from a company that really doesn't care. Just imagine if Toyota beats Ford for March it means that Toyota is back and no one cares about safety unless it involves an American automaker. No consumer would ever give a break to Ford like they are giving to Toyota even with record incentives.

Ford said that they will produce 570,000 of car and truck for the first quarter

link

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gm-sales-gain-115-as-cars-crossovers-rule-2010-03-02

Ford sold 142,006 car and truck in February, 116,534 car and truck in January. Volvo normally sale 5000 to 8000 unit per month. In order to get 570000 unit, Ford has to sale at leat 18000 unit on March excluding volvo's number and inventory. So be positive. I bet Toyota dare not dream to beat FORD for the first quarter.

:happy feet:

Edited by weiweishen

Ford said that they will sale 570,000 of car and truck for the first quarter

link

http://www.marketwat...rule-2010-03-02

Ford sold 142,006 car and truck in February, 116,534 car and truck in January. Volvo normally sale 5000 to 8000 unit per month. In order to get 570000 unit, Ford has to sale at leat 18000 unit on March excluding volvo's number and inventory. So be positive. I bet Toyota dare not dream to beat FORD for the first quarter.

:happy feet:

With all of these incentives and cheap financing, I think Ford could have a monster March, probably as big as 2008 when they got 213K.......

With all of these incentives and cheap financing, I think Ford could have a monster March, probably as big as 2008 when they got 213K.......

Which should equate to a monster 1st quarter financial result!! My wild guess, 2.5-3bil profit excluding..............

Which should equate to a monster 1st quarter financial result!! My wild guess, 2.5-3bil profit excluding..............

There could also be a huge give back because of the Toyota driven incentive war, lots of zero percent financing on most popular models, this could result in a huge pull forward of April's sales and the longer they keep going the deeper it will get....

At least Ford can trade on it new popularity, Toyota cant rely on that sentiment anymore....

There could also be a huge give back because of the Toyota driven incentive war, lots of zero percent financing on most popular models, this could result in a huge pull forward of April's sales and the longer they keep going the deeper it will get....

Employee pricing for everyone?

In Metro Detroit and I assume everywhere, Toyota is offering Corolla leases of $149/month and Camry leases of $169/month. Hard for anyone to match that and make money. Best lease Ford offers is $199/month on Focus. Bottom feeders will latch onto Toyota leases that low no matter what the risk in recalls and danger. And there is pent up demand since Toyota sales have been dismal last few months. Let Toyota buy market share like GM. Toyota and Chrysler can become intertwined as the big incentive auto companies.

Ford just sold 2,500 Fusions to Kraft Food for their commercial fleet. Kraft said they chose the Fusion because of its quality, residual value, and styling which Kraft says fits in with their corporate image. With the heavy snow of Feb. putting dent in sales, I would imagine a much warmer March will put many more people into auto dealer showrooms.