Fed investigating stuck gas pedals on 2010 Fusions and Milans

Totally different situation...we had a grand total of one situation where the peddle stuck and it was observed when both mats where in. Its not like Fusions are flying down the highway killing people...yet

Toyota started with one instance too.

The point is, take it serious and do not fluff it off as a bad driver. We all saw how that passing of blame worked for Toyota

I got the Ford all weather mats for $65. The digital fits are $170 plus shipping. EEK!

I purchased the Ford all weather mats when I got my '06 F150 new. Sure they were nice, but didn't cover as much area nor did they hold snow, ice, mud or water nearly as well as the WeatherTechs I had in my '02 F150. So I ended up paying the $170 for the WeatherTechs in my '06. Sure they are roughly $100 more for the set (two front mats & rear liner), but they do protect the carpet much better in my opinion.

Toyota started with one instance too.

The point is, take it serious and do not fluff it off as a bad driver. We all saw how that passing of blame worked for Toyota

This isn't "fluffing it over", it is a clear case of a driver ignoring the warning not to stack mats. What is a "serious" response to that?

Wow. For a second there, I thought I was on a Toyota board listening to a bunch of lemmings.....

Or am I?shades.gif

I am not a religious person at all, but I seem to remember something about glass houses......

Let's see - 3 incidents vs thousands? Caused only by stacking mats? Yeah, that's totally the same.......

Let's see - 3 incidents vs thousands? Caused only by stacking mats? Yeah, that's totally the same.......

if Ford doesn't take this seriously and investigate, watch how fast the pro-Japan press accuses them of being the next Toyota.

Many consumers still see Ford as having lesser quality.

Blaming the driver so quickly will not help them in the press or the eyes of the consumer.

Thorough investigation, in conjunction with the gov't and be exonerated.

if Ford doesn't take this seriously and investigate, watch how fast the pro-Japan press accuses them of being the next Toyota.

As far as we know Ford is taking this seriously and its the Press who is making a mountain out of a mole hill of 3 complaints, with one of them being an admitted screw up by an auto editor.

As far as we know Ford is taking this seriously and its the Press who is making a mountain out of a mole hill of 3 complaints, with one of them being an admitted screw up by an auto editor.

If Ford learned anything from the Toyota debacle, it should be to take this seriously.

seems WE were right...heres the official response.........All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers

Subject: EFC0202118DC Information and Ford Motor Company Statement Regarding Fusion and Milan Floor Mats

Below is Ford's official company statement regarding recent media coverage surrounding Fusion and Milan floor mats.

Also included are additional instructions on proper installation when installing any floor mat in a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicle.

FORD MOTOR COMPANY STATEMENT

We do not recommend stacking floor mats in any vehicle from any automaker. In fact, Ford’s all-weather floor mats have these instructions printed on the top of every driver’s mat. The packaging for these mats also cautions that they should not be stacked on other mats. In addition, all Ford vehicles and mats have an attachment on the driver side to secure them to the floor properly.

We are not aware of any customer complaints or any accidents related to 2010 Fusions and Milans with properly installed floor mats. We will cooperate fully with NHTSA on its investigation as we always do.

REMINDERS

While the information below is contained in the installation guide in the Ford floor mat kit, we thought was a good opportunity to remind our dealers about the importance of following the installation instructions when installing any floor mat in a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicle. Please ensure that your Sales, Pre-delivery/Get Ready, and Service teams follow the provided instruction guide for Ford floor mats:

Move driver’s seat to rear-most position

Remove existing mats from the vehicle. Failure to do this could result in an interference with the foot controls

Position mat under pedals

Lift rear corners of the mat away from the floor.

Slide mat back until hole in the floor mat is directly over the hook located on the carpet

Install mat to carpet, either hook the mat on the hook and slide forward until floor mat is “locked” in place, or snap grommets to buttons on floor.

This text is provided in the installation guide in the Ford floor mat kit.