Dumped my Mercedes Benz for.....

Tonight I sold my Mercedes Benz C230 privately. It ws a great car and I wish the purchaser all the enjoyment and trouble free ownership I have experienced with it.

Last week I test drove a 2011 V6 Mustang convertible and absolutely loved it; the acceleration, handling, fit and finish, etc. On the other hand I like the Taurus, the Fusion, the Edge... I can't make a decision as to what Ford product to buy. This is a far different situation than when I bought the Mercedes back in Feb. 2004. Ford had nothing much on the showroom floor. Lucky for me, the Fiesta and the new Focus are not yet available to consider. It would just make the decision all the more difficult..... This Saturday I have to make up my mind. This is going to be funny getting to the dealer on a mountain bike. Maybe they'll take a trade-in!

Ask yourself the following questions:

1) What are my priorities? Economy, roominess, seating for more than 2, cargo space, or performance. Rank them

2) How does each vehicle stack up against my list of priorities? Rank them for each priority.

3) Which vehicle is the best fit?

4) Will I be kicking myself 10 years down the road for not getting a loaded Mustang GT?

Ask yourself the following questions:

1) What are my priorities? Economy, roominess, seating for more than 2, cargo space, or performance. Rank them

2) How does each vehicle stack up against my list of priorities? Rank them for each priority.

3) Which vehicle is the best fit?

4) Will I be kicking myself 10 years down the road for not getting a loaded Mustang GT?

#4 should be #1, and if the answer is yes, then scratch the rest! :hysterical:

I thought for SURE you were going to say:

"Dumped my Mercedes Benz for...... A NEW FORD GRANADA!!!"

granada_3-1.jpg

Granada_vs_Mercedes_Ad.jpg

laugh.gif

-Ovaltine

Over the years the cost of servicing the Benz would have more than paid for a spare Granada. Those comparison ads still crack me up. I can't fathom how anyone could confuse the two cars.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Over the years the cost of servicing the Benz would have more than paid for a spare Granada. Those comparison ads still crack me up. I can't fathom how anyone could confuse the two cars.

I prefer the ad that has a picture of a parking ticket listing a Ford Granada as a Mercedes Benz.

:hysterical:

Good ol' Lido.

One wonders if Ford would've gotten the panther and fox out the door sooner if not for him.....

Ford ads also compared the Granada to the original Cadillac Seville, too. I guess that made it easy for Lincoln Mercury management to stomach the Versailles when it debuted.

I prefer the ad that has a picture of a parking ticket listing a Ford Granada as a Mercedes Benz.

:hysterical:

Good ol' Lido.

One wonders if Ford would've gotten the panther and fox out the door sooner if not for him.....

I thought it was Henry Ford II who throttled product development in the wake of the first fuel crunch. Iacocca wanted Ford to move faster, to match GM, and it became another point of contention between the two men, ultimately leading to Iacocca being fired in the summer of 1978.

Thanks for all the comments! I stopped into a dealer on the way home tonight, and saw a great looking red candy metallic mustang convertible. It is an automatic, but after all these years driving manual transmissions, my arm needs a rest. They quoted me x plan and costco discount, so I think this will be a done deal Saturday when I get the funds for selling my current car. I sure hope its gonna be sunny convertible weather this weekend!

BTW, other options are interior upgrade, security package, tape strip delete, comfort group, rear video camera, and "turned mini pref seats", whatever that is. I have to order the boot cover for the folded convertible top... another $200.

Thanks for all the comments! I stopped into a dealer on the way home tonight, and saw a great looking red candy metallic mustang convertible. It is an automatic, but after all these years driving manual transmissions, my arm needs a rest. They quoted me x plan and costco discount, so I think this will be a done deal Saturday when I get the funds for selling my current car. I sure hope its gonna be sunny convertible weather this weekend!

BTW, other options are interior upgrade, security package, tape strip delete, comfort group, rear video camera, and "turned mini pref seats", whatever that is. I have to order the boot cover for the folded convertible top... another $200.

Sounds awesome! 2010 or 2011? V6 or V8? Whatever the specs are, enjoy it! They're awesome machines.

Sounds awesome! 2010 or 2011? V6 or V8? Whatever the specs are, enjoy it! They're awesome machines.

Thanks! Its a 2011, V6.

The 0 to 60 is 5.4 seconds iirc, which should be plenty quick for me. Love the sound of the V8, and I'm gonna miss it, but I will be plenty happy with the v6. My merc only does 0-60 in 7.9 sec. The shaker audio is better than the Merc sound system too, big time....

Thanks! Its a 2011, V6.

The 0 to 60 is 5.4 seconds iirc, which should be plenty quick for me. Love the sound of the V8, and I'm gonna miss it, but I will be plenty happy with the v6. My merc only does 0-60 in 7.9 sec. The shaker audio is better than the Merc sound system too, big time....

The 2011 V6 is an awesome choice! I'd say it's the perfect "compromise", but you don't really have to compromise anything! Power, handling, weight, economy... it nails them all. We expect pictures once you pick it up. Enjoy!!!