Hyundai Raising Prices

ANTAUS

Pricing advantage is Hyundai's main selling point. I'm interested to see what happened when their comparably-equipped stickers start matching the competition.

Hyundai officials in Korea are non-committal about Equus pricing, shooting down a suggestion of a $399 monthly lease. “Oh no,” says Han Chang-Hwan, senior vice president-America Region for Hyundai.

At April’s New York auto show, it was said the sedan would start in the mid-$50,000 range when it hits U.S. dealers later this year.

A $50,000 Hyundai? What's next? A $60,000 VW??? :shades:

Hyundai has a commercial lately which reminds me of the "Ford Challenge" one where people were itnerviewed about their thoughts on a specific car like a Focus or Fusion, and now Hyundai is following with something similar...

My favorite line, ".....I feel so lame for having spent more money on a Mercedes"...Hmm yeah :rolleyes: As much as I hate MBenz, Hm yeah, sure....

• Like 1

Hyundai has a commercial lately which reminds me of the "Ford Challenge" one where people were itnerviewed about their thoughts on a specific car like a Focus or Fusion, and now Hyundai is following with something similar...

My favorite line, ".....I feel so lame for having spent more money on a Mercedes"...Hmm yeah :rolleyes: As much as I hate MBenz, Hm yeah, sure....

That commercial was hilarious. I'm sure they've improved their products, but I'm sorry they aren't up to MB level quite yet.

Up to MB what? Quality? Is that up or down?

Well, MB has never had the best quality as in reliability based on the MB's that people I know have owned. And MB's quality is even down from then. But the quality of materials used is more to the reference I was making.

Edited by V8-X

I have a few masochistic family members who continue to purchase MBenz even if they have been a total POS. Hm no, things haven't improved much. There's no excuse you spend $110K on a vehicle and have the transmission die before hitting 10K miles.. But in total, I dont think any of them have had a free ride till 8K, then things start breaking down. Then when taking their vehicle into the dealership, they want you to drive around on a C-Class...Hmmm no, after spending $110K on a car, better be damned I better get somethign near equivilant as a loaner. I have NEVER been to such a "oh it's not us, thats us" dealership in my life. Their attitude (like Toyotas, where their s--t doesn't stink) case...and it's not just ONE dealship, its almost everyone I've ever encountered.

I have a few masochistic family members who continue to purchase MBenz even if they have been a total POS. Hm no, things haven't improved much. There's no excuse you spend $110K on a vehicle and have the transmission die before hitting 10K miles.. But in total, I dont think any of them have had a free ride till 8K, then things start breaking down. Then when taking their vehicle into the dealership, they want you to drive around on a C-Class...Hmmm no, after spending $110K on a car, better be damned I better get somethign near equivilant as a loaner. I have NEVER been to such a "oh it's not us, thats us" dealership in my life. Their attitude (like Toyotas, where their s--t doesn't stink) case...and it's not just ONE dealship, its almost everyone I've ever encountered.

There were local MB dealers here in Atlanta that were giving out Camry loaners at one time. Hopefully they're no longer in business.

I think the SL and the previous gen E-class are two of the best looking vehicles ever made.

auto journalists keep writing that Hyundai is every bit as good as anything else out there.

Maybe Hyundai needed to do this

Or perhaps with their quality and reputation / perception having increased continually they feel they can raise the price without a dramatic drop in sales.

Loud opinions, any opinions do not make a person an expert. Raising prices on anything is realtive to the auto busines, it is not unique.

Hyundai's still represent a huge value proposition vs the competition. Sonata GLS vs Accord LX-P - you are looking at a solid $2500 price difference, and the Hyundai STILL has more standard equipment! Compare the Santa Fe SE V6 FWD to the Murano S FWD. Again, a $2500 price difference. I could go on, but you can check My link for yourself.