Ford execs defend boxy Flex crossover

mettech

"sliders that look more like suicide doors than sliders"

I always thought this would be the way to go for people who "cant own a minivan".

I have argued with people on here many times about the importance. of sliding doors. Last night for instance I forgot that I cannot give one of my daughters Apple Juice to drink. She downed the sippy cup in the van and about 25 minutes later exploded her diaper all over everything. I was forced to pull over to a gas station where parking was limited. I opened the sliding door and laid her on the nice large flat floor (thanks to my 1 stow and go seat being tucked under the floor) and began the disection. I couldnt work like this if the doors werent sliders....

The cost of a minivan with any sort of accessories isnt far off the Flex. It has to be that you get more conveniences....the reason I own a ...gulp...Dodge.

• Like 1

"sliders that look more like suicide doors than sliders"

I always thought this would be the way to go for people who "cant own a minivan".

I have argued with people on here many times about the importance. of sliding doors. Last night for instance I forgot that I cannot give one of my daughters Apple Juice to drink. She downed the sippy cup in the van and about 25 minutes later exploded her diaper all over everything. I was forced to pull over to a gas station where parking was limited. I opened the sliding door and laid her on the nice large flat floor (thanks to my 1 stow and go seat being tucked under the floor) and began the disection. I couldnt work like this if the doors werent sliders....

The cost of a minivan with any sort of accessories isnt far off the Flex. It has to be that you get more conveniences....the reason I own a ...gulp...Dodge.

It also wouldn't work that way without a stow-n-go seat either. I think people who want sliders probably also want the other minivan conveniences (removable seats, walk through to 3rd row, etc.) that you wouldn't get with a Flex. They would also alter the looks of the vehicle, especially the quarter panels. I'd rather see Ford come out with a dedicated minivan than a Flex/minivan hybrid.

It has been difficult for Ford to let the people know about this vehicle. How many people know the Flex can park itself, very few except Ford fans.

If you are visiting some minority communities and/ or Jewish communities (NYC), the all new Sienna as well as the old Odyssey are at every single block. Flex 0

The economy played a part. If I am not in financial trouble, I may probably get myself a top of the line Flex. Meanwhile, I'll stay with my Freestyle, which gets better mpg and has more cargo room (in specs.)

Like I said before, Flex need the sliding door and redo the seats to be removable to get more cargo capacity.

Like I said before, Flex need the sliding door and redo the seats to be removable to get more cargo capacity.

I personally know 5 people in the last year that would have gotten one had it had sliders, and some of them personally work/ed for Ford. In Metro Detroit you see a lot of Ford families with a Caravan/Sienna/Odyssey in the driveway that had to go outside the Ford family because they no longer make a minivan. I have heard that sliders were being looked at for the facelift but are adding considerable cost. The Flex has a place in the Ford lineup with sliders.

I personally know 5 people in the last year that would have gotten one had it had sliders, and some of them personally work/ed for Ford. In Metro Detroit you see a lot of Ford families with a Caravan/Sienna/Odyssey in the driveway that had to go outside the Ford family because they no longer make a minivan. I have heard that sliders were being looked at for the facelift but are adding considerable cost. The Flex has a place in the Ford lineup with sliders.

I am personally happy with my Freestyle LTD for 3 years so far. Mainly the good fuel economy, people mover status and suv styling(without saying minivan, as I have no kids) Volvo gene, etc.....

But soon I got it, my passengers had been comparing it to someone so and so relatives who got a Sienna, suggested they don't need to open doors and flipping seat to gain access, it had been compared to whos who just purchased a minivan and that had more interior space and so on.

Passengers don't care much about why I got this CUV in the first place, they only see what favorable to them in their own views. Like recently, it was compared to another relatives Sequoia and I was being laughed at for tighter interior while the Sequoia's owner were riding along. I thought come-on, I shut up!!!