2012 focus order guide is up.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice find! It's rare to find a order guide this early.

WHY WHY must Ford put the automatic transmission standard in the SEL and Titanium trim lines. I WANT THE MANUAL TRANSMISSION WITH ALL THE TOYS!

I already had to sacrifice the manual when I bought my 2010 Fusion Sport, I was hoping I could find the manual trans in the new Focus!

WHY WHY must Ford put the automatic transmission standard in the SEL and Titanium trim lines. I WANT THE MANUAL TRANSMISSION WITH ALL THE TOYS!

I guess it's for the same reason Ford doesn't offer a manual transmission with SEL grade 2010/2011 Fusion. Nonetheless, a 2012 Focus SE Sport with RS 203A, Interior Style Package (97S), and 17" machined finish wheels (647) represents a very comprehensively equipped car.

One thing that make me REALLY happy is the number of "real" colors available. I am sick and tired of black, silver, grey, and white cars. On this Focus you can get two different reds and it looks like two different blues, as well as yellow!!!! I'll take a yellow sedan, please. But I am surprised they are not giving Focus the lime squeeze color from the Fiesta. Go Ford.

I too am upset about the lack of the manual tranny with the SEL and Titanium. Anyone know if you can shft to and hold 1st or second gear with the PowerShift tranny at will? I like to have those gears readily available for descending snow covered hills in the winter. Something like the hill descent control in our Flex would be acceptable too but I don't see that on the order sheet.

What color is "frosted glass"?

I was too wondering what this was. I'm thinking a very light silver. This Blue Candy caught my attention too. Perhaps a similar, but slightly different take on blue flame?

And finally POWER seats and LUMBAR in a Focus!!! On the titanium trim, anyway.

I too am upset about the lack of the manual tranny with the SEL and Titanium. Anyone know if you can shft to and hold 1st or second gear with the PowerShift tranny at will? I like to have those gears readily available for descending snow covered hills in the winter. Something like the hill descent control in our Flex would be acceptable too but I don't see that on the order sheet.

It looks like there are two variants of PowerShift automatic for the 2012 Focus

1. With just PRNDL control. This is listed on the S and SE without Sport package. Presumably L acts like it does in the Fiesta, causing it to hold the lower gears up to redline, for going down hills. Some reviewers used L as kind of a sport mode, although it could get thirsty if you leave it in L all the time.

2. With some sort of manual control called SelectShift available in addition to PRNDL. This is listed on the SE with Sport package, SEL, and Titanium.

Edited by tjl

It looks like there are two variants of PowerShift automatic for the 2012 Focus

1. With just PRNDL control. This is listed on the S and SE without Sport package. Presumably L acts like it does in the Fiesta, causing it to hold the lower gears up to redline, for going down hills. Some reviewers used L as kind of a sport mode, although it could get thirsty if you leave it in L all the time.

2. With some sort of manual control called SelectShift available in addition to PRNDL. This is listed on the SE with Sport package, SEL, and Titanium.

The tranny is identical. The only difference is the software and the shifter controls. This also means you can probably add the shifter hardware and reflash the PCM and get manual shifting in a S or SE. This was commonly done on the first gen Lincoln LS, although that just required a new shifter since it didn't use paddles. Paddles may be tougher.

Nice find! It's rare to find a order guide this early.

I already had to sacrifice the manual when I bought my 2010 Fusion Sport, I was hoping I could find the manual trans in the new Focus!

I'll be shopping for a new daily driver as soon as the weather breaks, this just removed the Focus from my shopping list. I was willing to concede to a 4-door, (which I normally wouldn't even do), but this was the icing on the cake.

I'll be shopping for a new daily driver as soon as the weather breaks, this just removed the Focus from my shopping list. I was willing to concede to a 4-door, (which I normally wouldn't even do), but this was the icing on the cake.

I know they do lose customers on this BS, even though we are about 5% that would buy it this way. They have decided that saving money on packaging and assembly makes up for the lost customers I guess. It's frustrating that enthusiast drivers that like driving manuals can't buy what we want. I love driving my Fusion Sport, but man it would be so much more fun with a 6 speed manual! The "selectshift" automatic doesn't even come close, and I have only used it a handful of times.

Edited by svtenthusiast

The tranny is identical. The only difference is the software and the shifter controls. This also means you can probably add the shifter hardware and reflash the PCM and get manual shifting in a S or SE. This was commonly done on the first gen Lincoln LS, although that just required a new shifter since it didn't use paddles. Paddles may be tougher.

I get all of that but does it allow you to downshift from say, 3 or 4 to 2 or 1 and hold the lower gear to descend a hill? My guess is it won't but it would sure be nice if it did.

For Pete's Sake, they DO offer a manual!

And half of the stuff you can't get on the lower trims, you probably can get aftermarket install, at a lower price than Ford is charging, too. So you are saying, in order to get the manual trans, you'd be willing to take structural changes (add 2 more doors) but refuse to give up some creature comfort such as power seat and push-button start?!

I get all of that but does it allow you to downshift from say, 3 or 4 to 2 or 1 and hold the lower gear to descend a hill? My guess is it won't but it would sure be nice if it did.

Yes, as long as the computer determines the RPM's wont be to high to go into the lower gear. It will hold it to redline.

However, I found on my Fusion and even the Taurus SHO: If you are in too high of gear in "selectshift" manual mode, and you step on the gas, it will downshift automatically which I dislike.

And half of the stuff you can't get on the lower trims, you probably can get aftermarket install, at a lower price than Ford is charging, too. So you are saying, in order to get the manual trans, you'd be willing to take structural changes (add 2 more doors) but refuse to give up some creature comfort such as power seat and push-button start?!

So are you talking about:

Titanium: All "SE" Series Equipment Plus:

• Audio

-Sony® 10-speakers Sound System with Subwoofer

-HD Radio

• Aux 12V Power Point (Rear)

• Beltline Molding – Chrome

• Brakes – Rear Disc

• Climate Control – Dual Zone EATC

• Cruise Control

• Grille – Piano Black

• Foglamps – Black surround

• Headlights – Black surround

• Lighting

-Ambient Lighting (7 Colors)

-Reading Lights – 1st Row

• Metallic Interior Trim Finish - Door pulls and register

surround

• Mirror (Exterior) – Side Marker Lamps

• MyFord TouchTM (8" Touch Screen Display)

-4" Cluster Display Screen

-8" Center stack touch screen

-Steering wheel control switches

-Multi-media Input

-Internet/WiFi Capable

• Overhead Console

• Passive Entry/Passive Start (PEPS)

• Rear Spoiler

• Seats

-Sport Manual Cloth

-2nd Row – 60/40

• Security – Anti-Theft Perimeter Alarm

• SIRIUS® Satellite Radio with 6-month pre-paid

subscription (48 Contiguous States). Service Not

Available in Alaska or Hawaii

• Steering Wheel – Leather-Wrapped

• Storage – Rear Seatback Compartment (map pockets)

• Sunvisors – Dual Illuminated Vanity Mirrors

• Suspension – Sport Tuned

• SYNC® Elements with USB

• Transmission – 6-speed PowerShift™ Automatic

Transmission with SelectShift™ capability

• Universal Garage Door Opener

• Wheels – 17" Sport Aluminum

• Windows – Power with 1-Touch Up/Down on All Windows

I want it all and I want a Manual.

the Powershift does have a manual mode unlike the fiesta. there are buttons on the shifter.

Honestly my pick would be the SEL, hatch in black winter package, and my ford touch.

it looks like in Canada you can order an SEL without the 6AT powershift.

I've driven a 5/6 Speed on all my cars and I'm curious as to how well the new DSG transmission will perform in the Focus. Remember, its not an regular automatic...so why not drive it first and see how you like it.

I have driven it i the fiesta its drives like a normal ATX, in L it's better but, I prefer to row my own gears.

Yes, as long as the computer determines the RPM's wont be to high to go into the lower gear. It will hold it to redline.

However, I found on my Fusion and even the Taurus SHO: If you are in too high of gear in "selectshift" manual mode, and you step on the gas, it will downshift automatically which I dislike.

Thanks svtenthusiast, that answers my question. Sounds like I could downshift a gear or two and hold it as long as I'm going slow enough and not hitting the gas. That would be just fine. I'd still rather row the gears myself in an SEL or Titanium but I'll take what I can get anymore.

I've driven a 5/6 Speed on all my cars and I'm curious as to how well the new DSG transmission will perform in the Focus. Remember, its not an regular automatic...so why not drive it first and see how you like it.

me, I dont like anything telling me what gear and when....so NO types of auto for me, no matter how "good"...well, if I ever stoop to getting a "family' car then perhaps....