2011 Dodge Charger: First official images, details released

TomServo92

Meh. I still don't like the side cutouts. The tail lights looks out-of-place retro too. Disappointed there are no interior shots.

That third brake light on the trunk lid like that looks absolutely horrible - they should've put it in the rear windshield, either at the bottom, or the top (my preferred place).

It looks meaner even in non-SRT guise.

I like it.

Of note is that Dodge claims to have installed the first ever RWD/AWD system that can disconnect the front wheels when not needed. Kinda like FWD-based AWD systems have been doing, but in reverse. Quite interesting and surprising, as I thought all RWD-AWD systems did that.

An improvement but still a boring car for the charger name plate. I wonder what the hp numbers are? 380 ish?

WHAT?!?!??! Boring!?!?!?

How can you say this car is "boring"?

There is no other car on the road that looks like it. It has an unmistakable "American" style to it (yes, built in Canada, owned by the Germany's/Italian's). Not an ounce of it looks European/Asian. Has two V8 options that both say HEMI on the side of it.

It's a RWD 4 door saloon that will blow the doors off most cars on the road. Family car during the week, and tire smoker on the weekend.

I wish Ford had something like this.

This car is anything but "boring"

It looks much more aggressive. Real body lines rather than the slab-sided look of most sedans these days. I like it! It's supposed to have 12+% more glass for greater visibility than the previous model. I read that the police package will offer AWD. Any confirmations on this?

WHAT?!?!??! Boring!?!?!?

There is no other car on the road that looks like it. It has an unmistakable "American" style to it (yes, built in Canada, owned by the Germany's/Italian's). Not an ounce of it looks European/Asian. Has two V8 options that both say HEMI on the side of it.

It's a RWD 4 door saloon that will blow the doors off most cars on the road. Family car during the week, and tire smoker on the weekend.

It has RWD, a V8, and an iconic musclecar nameplate but it still looks like a boring 4dr family sedan to me.

• Like 1

Maybe Boring is a bad term...maybe played out?

I drove a V6 Charger Dub edition over the summer...it was alright. The interior quaintly was pretty lame.

Well, I don't think it's fair to judge it off the V6 edition. The interior on all Mopar's hasn't been great lately, but a couple of the LX Platform rentals I have had were pretty cool with their Uconnect, touch screen radio and MyGig options (note I have yet to try out the SYNC system)

Besides, Dub edition cars are lame anyway

It has RWD, a V8, and an iconic musclecar nameplate but it still looks like a boring 4dr family sedan to me.

Again, I'm not sure what you think is "boring".

There is not another car out there that looks anything like it. And the R/T & SRT8 trim packages make the car stick out.

Maybe you should get behind the wheel of one and smoke the tires and tell me if you still think it's boring. Because your options for RWD V8's that do that are limited

Again, I'm not sure what you think is "boring".

There is not another car out there that looks anything like it. And the R/T & SRT8 trim packages make the car stick out.

Maybe you should get behind the wheel of one and smoke the tires and tell me if you still think it's boring. Because your options for RWD V8's that do that are limited

The main theme of this thread seems to be looks so that's what I'm referring to by "boring" Give it 600 hp and it will still look boring to me for a car with THAT nameplate. To each his own but I've never seen the point of a family sedan that can smoke the tires.

The main theme of this thread seems to be looks so that's what I'm referring to by "boring" Give it 600 hp and it will still look boring to me for a car with THAT nameplate. To each his own but I've never seen the point of a family sedan that can smoke the tires.

Charger is a boring nameplate?

Any car should be able to smoke it's tires. Even a Tercel LOL....OK good luck with that! .

The only thing I have against the Charger is the 4 doors. Originally it was a intermediate 2 door hardtop that had it's own designation. . It was never a Coronet Charger, vs say a Torino GT.

Charger is a boring nameplate?

Any car should be able to smoke it's tires. Even a Tercel LOL....OK good luck with that! .

The only thing I have against the Charger is the 4 doors. Originally it was a intermediate 2 door hardtop that had it's own designation. . It was never a Coronet Charger, vs say a Torino GT.

Hey times change.....I mean we had a Mercury Monterey MINIVAN. Dodge guys aren't complaining much about the 4 doors anymore, because they realize the new one smokes the "two doors" off the old ones anyway.

WHAT?!?!??! Boring!?!?!?

I agree, this is one of the most interesting sedans on the market today. Big power, RWD, and unique styling make it pretty far from boring in my opinion. If it had a manual trans, it would be even better.