mondeo, edge, cmax ecoboost' driven

That gives us a closer look at those new Edge side mirrors :).

I like that C-Max, hopefully we get it here and not just Grand C-Max. I can take or leave the Mondeo.

Mondeo as seen here is going away and becoming the global platform for the next iteration of the fusion I believe......

yes we can hope. :) considering that ford is looking at demand for 2.0EB awd i'd say we have a decent shot at it.

heres my 2 cents...1.6 eco =performance Fiesta and drivetrain in the Focus as a mainstream alternative, 2.0 eco = performance Focus and in the fusion as a mainstream alternative, 2.3 eco in performance Fusion and mainstream alternative in the model above that.....

I don't see Ford offering AWD with an ecoboost I4 engine in the Fusion....it would defeat the purpose of the engine, which is about higher MPG's, plus FWD setup should be able to handle >300 HP

I wouldn't mind seeing a 3.5 V6 EB in a high end Fusion performance model though, that would require AWD though :D

I'm not optimistic that the Fusion and Mondeo can be merged successfully. The Mondeo is an extremely dull car, but it's a much more cohesive and modern overall design. However, the Fusion is a much more distinctive design (largely because of that fascia, the rest of it is pretty humdrum cookie-cutter fare). I strongly believe the Fusion and Modeo need to remain regionalized, but I'll give it a chance...just as long as the Lincoln version is great :).

I'm not optimistic that the Fusion and Mondeo can be merged successfully. The Mondeo is an extremely dull car, but it's a much more cohesive and modern overall design. However, the Fusion is a much more distinctive design (largely because of that fascia, the rest of it is pretty humdrum cookie-cutter fare). I strongly believe the Fusion and Modeo need to remain regionalized, but I'll give it a chance...just as long as the Lincoln version is great :).

Have a bit of faith.

Next Fusion /Mondeo may be sharing a top hat but they sure aren't using the current Mondeo's kinetic version.

Just remember that the CD4 project is near on four year long and that Fusion and MKS will be FNA styled to

suit their market, Mondeo will have similar silhouette but different styling for Europe and ROW.

Edited by jpd80

By the time the Mondeo gets here, 247HP from the 2.0L EB will be outclassed by competitors, so I sincerely hope will boost the potential of this engine.

Well, in the beginning of the F-1 turbo era, IIRC, Zakspeed was pulling something like 1,100 hp out of the turbo BMW 4-cylinder block, so chances are, there's more power to be had. :)

It kind of a contradiction the Mondeo is a better design but is bland.

in person the mondeo much nicer than the Fusion.

moot point they are both moving to the new design DNA like the Focus and fiesta.

there will not be much left of the bar grille left in a few years.

Have a bit of faith.

Next Fusion /Mondeo may be sharing a top hat but they sure aren't using the current Mondeo's kinetic version.

Just remember that the CD4 project is near on four year long and that Fusion and MKS will be FNA styled to

suit their market, Mondeo will have similar silhouette but different styling for Europe and ROW.

they will be the same cars.

just like the Focus and fiesta, they will be global. the names may or may not change. but the cars WILL be the Same.

they will be the same cars.

Not exactly, it's not just one vehicles badge engineered to suit another market.

Ford internally has recognized that Europe and North America still have different needs,

that's why it's taking close on four years to deliver the vehicles to production,

so while Mulally wanted the same top hat for both cars, there's still a lot of

room to move on sheet metal variances.

Not exactly, it's not just one vehicles badge engineered to suit another market.

Ford internally has recognized that Europe and North America still have different needs,

that's why it's taking close on four years to deliver the vehicles to production,

so while Mulally wanted the same top hat for both cars, there's still a lot of

room to move on sheet metal variances.

will be interesting for sure, and i for one cant wait...IMO the fusion AND Mondeo are geting long in the tooth. And based on what we have witnessed with the fiesta and focus, my bet is the top hats will be VERY similar....bumpers will be adapted, NVH, wheels and interior accruments plus the mandatory wider US seats may be the only differences...oh and drivetrains obviously ( nio diesels here)

/sigh... Wish we could get a fully optioned EB Mondeo here is Aus! :( LOVE the new look of the MC, and if the interior is of better quality than the MB (previous model) as Ford says - watch out Audi!!! The MB Mondeo's interior was extremely well built as it was! And designed beautifully! XD