Hints at Ford GT

Reigner92

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Its only a matter of time before they bring back the GT. Hopefully sooner than later. Ford has shown a lot of improvements in their ability to engineer performance cars, and engines; like the boss. To bring back the GT with their new know how would make it a sick car!

Hopefully... the GT sold extremely well, and people were willing to pay significant sums over sticker to get their hands on one.

Only in the very beginning. In the end every dealer had one sitting in the showroom and they were going for less than MSRP in most cases.

Absolutely love the Ford GT, Ford made an absolute superb job of it last time around they kept it old skool with all the mod cons, rather than make it just another very boring modern generic dull as a fridge appliance gadget machine with no character or charisma at all.

I have been following GT1 this on Bloomberg this season, the Ford GT has beaten the best of some of the worlds greatest supercars. It still has the best handling fastest through the twisty bits beating the best. But its lacking a bit of grunt on the straights, on which the superb Nissan GT-R is very fast. I wish Ford could help the Matech team out by giving it a little bit more power. Looking forward to going to Silverstone in June and watching it live.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Hopefully... the GT sold extremely well, and people were willing to pay significant sums over sticker to get their hands on one.

Maybe a direct injected, twin turbo Coyote?

That would be a great engine for the GT. AWD with that combination would be fantastic. Veyron who?

On Autoline After Hours, Ford has said they are not working on another Ford GT...

But...... but what if Ford working on a Lincoln supercar like the Jag C-XF ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bTFuWfSKhI

Tell me a car like that wouldn't bring in customers to the show room floor..

Ford, and especially Mulally, tends to be very selective about their wording. Does "not another Ford GT" mean no car will carry that nameplate going forward (which I could see since the GT was sort of a one-off celebration of their 100th anniversary), or does it mean no Ford supercar at all?

I would be fine with Lincoln getting a supercar, but I still think Ford needs some sort of lightweight sports coupe that can compete with the upcoming Subaru/Scion RWD car.

Ford, and especially Mulally, tends to be very selective about their wording. Does "not another Ford GT" mean no car will carry that nameplate going forward (which I could see since the GT was sort of a one-off celebration of their 100th anniversary), or does it mean no Ford supercar at all?

I would be fine with Lincoln getting a supercar, but I still think Ford needs some sort of lightweight sports coupe that can compete with the upcoming Subaru/Scion RWD car.

ford-focus-st.jpg

Seeing a Ford GT on street really turns heads. Ford learned a lot building it, and should do another mid engine sports car like the GT. Try to keep the price under $250,000. And build maybe 2,000/year. Dodge is doing the Viper and there is still rumor as always that next Corvette many be mid engined. Porsche is doing the 918 after doing the Carrera GT. At Woodward Cruise, there are usually at least 10 Ford GT's there and they seem to be the favorites of the day. When you think about advertising/marketing costs for the year, a vehicle like the Ford GT is priceless when it comes to marketing your brand. The Ford GT has been out of production for years now, and it's still doing its job of promoting Ford and showing what it can do.