#Chrysler drops F-bomb on official Twitter page

PREMiERdrum

Someone in control of the official Chrysler account (@ChryslerAutos) apparently had a bad experience driving to work today and dropped one mother of an anti-Detroit tweet and some profanity on their 7,000+ followers.

As you can see in the retweet above, someone wrote "I find it ironic that Detroit is known as the #motorcity and yet no one here knows how to fucking drive."

Oops.

Kind of the wrong image to send from an organization so proud of their Detroit heritage they make Super Bowl Car Commercials completely premised on this idea.

The tweet was quickly deleted and they put up an apology instead, saying "our account was compromised earlier today." However, people familiar with the Chrysler media organization say it was actually an employee of social media company New Media Strategies, who runs the account for Chrysler.

We're reaching out to them to find out. In the meantime, we've saved the original tweet so you can enjoy some "Imported from Detroit" attitude.

LINK - Jalopnik

A breakout story here... The official Chrysler twitter page only has 7,000 followers??? Ford has just under 50,000!

Chrysler Group Response to #MotorCity Tweet

This morning an inappropriate comment was issued from the Chrysler brand Twitter handle, @ChryslerAutos, via our social media agency of record, New Media Strategies (NMS). After further investigation, it was discovered that the statement was issued by an NMS employee, who has since been terminated.

Chrysler Group and its brands do not tolerate inappropriate language or behavior, and apologize to anyone who may have been offended by this communication.

Furthermore, the Company has set in place appropriate steps to ensure that this does not happen again.

Or if this was a stunt to get a buzz to get people to pay attention to the brand.

Or the Fact the statement is 100% true - Worse damn drivers there are - Drive in the left lane, won't move, don't know how to merge, red lights only kinda apply, no turn on red signs all over -- and the people they are aimed at turn on red anyways, and get almost hit, speed up when you try to past them, snows here every year yet every time some people think its the end of the world and drive 10mph, wait till the last minute to change lanes to the exit then slam on the brakes, and when there's an accident or construction they close the whole road down not just one or two lanes.

Chrysler's new ad campaign must be just "telling it like it is".

Or the Fact the statement is 100% true - Worse damn drivers there are - Drive in the left lane, won't move, don't know how to merge, red lights only kinda apply, no turn on red signs all over -- and the people they are aimed at turn on red anyways, and get almost hit, speed up when you try to past them, snows here every year yet every time some people think its the end of the world and drive 10mph, wait till the last minute to change lanes to the exit then slam on the brakes, and when there's an accident or construction they close the whole road down not just one or two lanes.

Chrysler's new ad campaign must be just "telling it like it is".

NY drivers beat 'em hand's down. I Iived in both SE MI and NY and can say NY'ers are the worst (well, excluding myself of course) ;)

Really? You think NJ drivers are better than NY drivers? I don't think so. NJ drivers are the most angry and aggressive I've ever seen...and I lived in LA in the 80s!

NY drivers beat 'em hand's down. I Iived in both SE MI and NY and can say NY'ers are the worst (well, excluding myself of course) ;)

Really? You think NJ drivers are better than NY drivers? I don't think so. NJ drivers are the most angry and aggressive I've ever seen...and I lived in LA in the 80s!

I consider the entire tri-state area in my statement (though CT drivers are pretty tame in comparison, so it brings the ratio down a bit) :hysterical:

Edited by Intrepidatious

Get the Fuck outta my way! LOL There was an article stating that NY then NJ had worst ranked drivers according to a test given (I'm from NJ and got a 90 on it...anyways)...I drive the I95 corridor every Monday and Friday to and from MD and to be perfectly honest, I see more out of state drivers in NJ on I95 then I see NJ plates.

Not to mention MD drivers aren't excactly the best drivers either from my short experence driving in MD....

Get the Fuck outta my way! LOL There was an article stating that NY then NJ had worst ranked drivers according to a test given (I'm from NJ and got a 90 on it...anyways)...I drive the I95 corridor every Monday and Friday to and from MD and to be perfectly honest, I see more out of state drivers in NJ on I95 then I see NJ plates.

Not to mention MD drivers aren't excactly the best drivers either from my short experence driving in MD....

From the 2010 GMAC Insurance sponsored National Driver's Test (list of state rank order):

2010map.gif

Edited by aneekr