2011 Jetta Recalled

PREMiERdrum

Volkswagen is recalling 71,043 of its 2011 model year Jetta sedans for a wiring problem with the horn and anti-theft alarm system. The automaker has long been chastised for problems with wiring and electronics in its vehicles, and though we're told that VW is working to improve quality in this area, some gremlins continue to crop up. No accidents or injuries have occurred as a result of this defect.

Customers will be notified via mail about this issue. Volkswagen will include information about corrective measures and anticipated repair time – something that the automaker has not yet released. Affected cars were built between March 2010 and March 2011. Follow the jump for VW's official release.

LINK - Autoblog04-2011-volkswagen-jetta-review.jpg

I'm positive that negative news isn't anything unusual for VW. It's pretty common. Of course, I don't care either way since I'm not a big fan. In short, I'm pretty neutral on the topic of VW. They aren't worth blowing a fuse over.

You seem to have a resistance to hearing about VW's current events.

• Like 1

You seem to have a resistance to hearing about VW's current events.

I just don't get amped about them. However, I may be too insulated from them to gain any real knowledge. Perhaps I will conduct some new research into VW in order to determine their potential to be on my shopping list.

Edited by TomServo92
  • Like 1

I just don't get amped about them. However, I may be too insulated from them to gain any real knowledge. Perhaps I will conduct some new research into VW in order to determine their potential to be on my shopping list.

Well, one thing is for certain: My opinion of VW has never been in flux.

• Like 1

I'm really dont feel sorry for VW drivers, I've had years of friends who were later unhappy with their VW products after all the warning signs were out there. Out of 12 friends with VW, I had only one that returned to the brand and her comment was "Well its been years since my last VW, i'm sure they have fixed things"... Hm no they havent. Then again, considering in her driveway her family has an Eclipse, a Titan, and C-class, Sonata, she has one of those "if you see it in their driveway, DONT BUY IT, Aura" because they just happen to buy the most unreliable cars available. Its like one of my neighbors "If you see a political sign in his yard, DONT vote for that person"...

Watt!?!?!? A Volkswagen with electrical issues? say it ain't so....how revolting....and for you Tom...I have this friend, her name is Diana.....she drove a Volkswagen and wouldn't you know that with all the electrical problems she had with her car....Diode her mechanic a lot of money.....

After the issues we had with my wife's New Beetle Convertible, you couldn't give me a VW. My neighbor's Passat is in for a new transmission (fortunately they had an extended warranty, because VW transmissions are $$$) and they had a loaner Jetta. The dealership called to have them bring it in ASAP so that it could have this recall performed, and they were given a different Jetta to use until their car is fixed. That'll keep a customer - yes, your car needed a new transmission at a relatively early point (not terribly high mileage), and the car we gave you as a loaner put you and your family at risk due to our poor design.

After the issues we had with my wife's New Beetle Convertible, you couldn't give me a VW. My neighbor's Passat is in for a new transmission (fortunately they had an extended warranty, because VW transmissions are $$) and they had a loaner Jetta. The dealership called to have them bring it in ASAP so that it could have this recall performed, and they were given a different Jetta to use until their car is fixed. That'll keep a customer - yes, your car needed a new transmission at a relatively early point (not terribly high mileage), and the car we gave you as a loaner put you and your family at risk due to our poor design.

Did they give the dealership any static over their static Passat? :)