May 21st.....end of the world?

Well, you've always got that Mayan Calendar thing to fall back on. Not sure I'd put much faith in a peoples' ability to predict the end of the world, when they couldn't predict their own demise.

I think most are confused on the Mayan calendar. Our present day Gregorian calendar ends on December 31st and we never consider that day as being the end of the world.

http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20110519/NEWS/110519776/1004?Title=It-s-the-end-of-the-world-again-

Well, you've always got that Mayan Calendar thing to fall back on. Not sure I'd put much faith in a peoples' ability to predict the end of the world, when they couldn't predict their own demise.

Psychic Friends Network files for bankruptcy.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_n13_v93/ai_20318897/

You'd think they would have seen that coming.

• Like 1

Not to derail the subject, but you could replace "Harold Camping" with "Environmentalists" and the post would still work. Instead of end of the world, it's the climate. From Global Cooling, to Global Warming, and now on to Climate Change. Interesting how at the end of the day, the nut bars are all the same. Not to mention those who blindly follow

Just my 2 cents

Hey Cocheese, I was thinking the exact, same, thing, lol.

On the other hand, I do remember the day Retro was speaking about. I am sure both he and I were much, much, younger. My friends and I sat in dread, we actually thought this was gonna happen. Same thing with Y2k as I remember, although I looked at it with a more skeptical eye.

In fact, I am sure both Retro and I have lived through more imagined/created disasters then there are ants on an ant hill.

From all of these so called disasters, I have learned 1 thing for sure------------>the media makes whatever the problem is much worse than it really is so you watch/listen/read their stuff. Media loves disaster, and when it doesn't have 1, it fabricates it. Also......whatever the disaster is; real or created, they always have to inject controversy into it to keep the debate going. Before long, the disaster that is/or was created is no longer the talking point, it then becomes the controversy of the opposing views on what happened; how they screwed up fixing it, etc.

CASE IN POINT-------->who from the republican side of the aisle, is not saying we are gonna tank? How many are saying Obama is the worse thing since Hitler, or at best, Jimmy Carter? And yet, one by one, they all refuse to run for President. Now I ask-------and I am a conservative..............Which is it; are they stretching the truth on the state we are in? Or are they to cowardly to run when their country needs them the most? And if we do need them and they refuse to run, what does that say.......or rather what would other previous great presidents say, about these peoples love for their country?

This is why global warming, Barack Obama, liberals, republicans, terrorists, etc should be just shrugged off when the media screams. The only thing that really matters is if YOU SCREAM, not the media. Soooooooo, if YOU really want to scream, Mr Obama is toast. Who of the chicken poop republicans that will be elected will probably be not much better, because the stars are all hiding under their beds. Which then tells us they really shouldn't be considered stars, now doesn't it, lol.

I have said repeatedley that Mickey Mouse could beat Obama with his record. To my chagrin, it appears that all the republicans are less than Mickey Mouse, and not even equal to Donald Duck, or Goofy. In fact, they most closely resemble Elmer Fudd. Shame on them. Hell, double shame on all of them! They who are the party who most is tied with the military go and stand with hands on hearts while our soldiers go to war. And yet, they can't even stand up to protect this country from what they claim is a disaster. Triple shame on them, and I will vote for a democrat in 2016 before I vote for those cowards who run from a race they claim we have to win in 2012 but refuse to throw their hats into the ring, while sending our kids off to war claiming clear concscience. COWARDS!!!!!! If our military was like them, we would certainly be saying Heil Hitler or calling each other comrades now.

If you ask many of us, it is downright disgusting!!!!!

To put this thread back on topic....

I'm not here anymore :ohsnap:

None of us are :stop:

You are all a bit of my imagination as I slowly float off into space away from what was the planet earth. (which self destructed instanly killing everyone on the pre-destined date known only to certain phychic's) :confused:

So, since it's only my imagination, and I already know all this, I shouldn't have to tell you because you're also a part of my imagination, unless one part isn't talking to the other part....hmmm

What we have here is a failure to communicate! :hysterical:

Oh Ralph, what to do with you?

Please, step back and look at that again.

The point is, people can put blind faith into something, without actually thinking things through. Or better yet, without thinking for themselves. It is my belief that environmentalists are no different than religious nuts.

Harold Camping thought the world was going to end in 1994. When it didn't, he made up some flimsy excuse as to why, then came out and said it would happen in 2011. When he is proven wrong again, another excuse will be forth coming, and another doomsday date will be issued. This is no different than environmentalists who screamed at everyone they could about Global Cooling. When the planet didn't die, they made some pathetic excuse, then started in on Global Warming. When those claims didn't hold up, they changed it to Climate Change.

Environmentalists in my area told everyone last year, that the forth coming winter was going to be mild. Global Warming after all, has increased the planet's temperature so much, that winters as we know it would no longer exist. Well, winter came, and to say those people were wrong would be an understatement. We were hit with winter storm after winter storm. It felt like every other day we had significant snow fall. And the snow stayed the whole winter, never once was there a couple days of warm weather to melt it away. When faced with this fact, the same Environmentalists who said it would be a mild winter, changed their tune and said that Global Warming can cause extreme cold conditions as well. Basically, these people have covered all their bases. If it's hot, it's because of Global Warming. If it's cold, it's because of Global Warming. No rain, Global Warming. Lots of rain, Global warming,

The problem with Science is that it is ever changing. Scientists once thought the Atom was the smallest molecule on the planet. Then one day someone split it, and discovered something smaller. Results from a test can change dramatically depending on the parameters used. Conclusions from those tests can also differ, depending on the experience and knowledge of the person viewing the results. As much as some people try to push it, science is not always an absolute. Right now Science say's there is no cure for AIDS. A year from now a cure could be discovered.

Science is ever changing, so yes, we should never listen to scientists. Great idea. DOWN WITH LEARNING!!!

• Like 1

Now the date is set for October 21, 2011.

Everybody here knows the definition of insanity... right?

And the Earth cooled for the first 10 years of this century, contrary to prediction.

Did they move the "climate" deadline, too?

When a Bible thumper predicts the end of the world and is wrong, he's a fool.

When a scientist predicts a similar thing and is wrong, he's just hasn't been right yet?

• Like 1

And the Earth cooled for the first 10 years of this century, contrary to prediction.

When a scientist predicts a similar thing and is wrong, he's just hasn't been right yet?

If a scientist predicts the end of the world on a specific date, and it doesn't happen; he isn't a scientist and never was. All religious believers are fools.

• Like 1

If a scientist predicts the end of the world on a specific date, and it doesn't happen; he isn't a scientist and never was.

Any scientist can misread or misinterpret data, or make an error in his models/calculations.

All religious believers are fools.

And would you consider such a blanket statement the height of wisdom for someone who believes nothing?

Science is ever changing, so yes, we should never listen to scientists. Great idea. DOWN WITH LEARNING!!!

Where did I say we should "never listen to scientists"? Do you intentionally try to sound stupid, or is it just natural? It seems pretty apparent that ":EARNING" is something that you never figured out how to do.

Listen to scientists all you want, just remember that very few things are absolute. What science discovers today, science could also debunk tomorrow.

How does global warming get thrown into the mix? Is this comparison suposed to make me think that Harold Camping is not as big of a fool as I think he is?

I'll make a prediction... I predict my broken watch will have a better track record than Harold Camping.

How does global warming get thrown into the mix? Is this comparison suposed to make me think that Harold Camping is not as big of a fool as I think he is?

I'll make a prediction... I predict my broken watch will have a better track record than Harold Camping.

well, it is going to be 100% accurate twice a day......

"Global warming" didn't get thrown into the mix. It's the charlatans promoting it that got thrown in. Harold Camping is a fool and his followers are dupes. So are the believers in the global warming doomsayers' statements regarding CO2.

well, it is going to be 100% accurate twice a day......

Trouble is, you never know when.

Edited by RangerM