News on Lincoln

The Genesis hasn't been a huge success...and well its saddled with the Hyundai name. The problem with Lincoln is that its tarnished nameplate with lots of negativity, but its also not thought of as "Cheap" like Hyundia

Being successful in press doesn't always equate to being actually successful.

Agree-no argument-like I said, I'm unaware of their numbers- my issue is more to the point that someone who is/was saddled with a low end image, dares to put a lot of bucks into a high end product. Likewise Hino has no presence in medium conventional trucks, and dares come out with a product. Ford on the other hand, who was a market leader in class 6 and 7, continues to pussy foot around as to if in fact they are in the business or out.

I think sometimes the old adage .."paralysis through analysis" applies too much.

I thought Lincoln had a good thing going in 2007 with it's emphasis on urban chique design...but then it reverted back to non-destinctive conservative wannabe design. Admittedly I didn't like the over-board semi-retro aesthetic of the interiors of the era, but it really gave an innovative vision for Lincoln...and then they completely lost that edge with the MKS and beyond (not to mention an abusive relationship with the split-wing grille).

I'll agree with what you're saying - MKR (I assume the vehicle you're referring to?) looked great and was a huge shift from the rest of the lineup design-wise. You mention the MKS lost that edge, I think it's worth mentioning that the MKS came out as a concept in 2006 before the MKR, and while they added the MKR's split wing grille to the MKS, you're right, it's design didn't hold a candle to something like the MKR (not saying MKS isn't nice looking, it's just not an MKR lol).

Looks like the "divorce" from shared architecture is coming after all.... :happy feet:

I wouldn't get too excited about them having different numbers on them...though I'm excited that they are going into production next summer...none of this 6 month delay BS thats been spouted off in other websites...