$100,000 Skilled Trades Exodus

Skilled1

With the $100,000 incentive and the skills needed to run equipment management is worried too many trades will leave at my location.

If 20-30 trades leave per location will they still be able to leave in early 2012??

Does it make more sense to extend the time period to leave???

Edited by Skilled1
  • Like 1

With the $100,000 incentive and the skills needed to run equipment management is worried too many trades will leave at my location.

If 20-30 trades leave per location will they still be able to leave in early 2012??

Yeah, My Chairman is getting swamped with trades wanting to go before New Years

• Like 2

My thinking is that both Ford and the UAW are in Shit or get off the pot mode.

Makes sense. Get rid of people quickly, get as many of the streets as possibly and get Apprentices on to take some slots.

Why Apprentices? More entry level hires. If you take from your own your not keeping a full employee with the better everything and hiring a tradesman off the street to be another full employee. Put 2,000 apprentices on and get 2000 new hires.

Your thinking is so convoluted!!

Currently over 500 trades working in production are place holders for entry level. Get this 6 billion investment and $100,000 incentive and most will be back to their tools by March

Or vote no and keep working in your trade while 500 suffer in production

• Like 2

Currently over 500 trades working in production are place holders for entry level. Get this 6 billion investment and $100,000 incentive and most will be back to their tools by March

Where does it say they will back fill any of these people ?

• Like 1

I'm smelling IUAW spin control propaganda by a newly registered member.

• Like 1

6 billion in investments, adding shifts and volume, $100,000 skilled buyouts--

Opportunities will be plentiful for trades.

Well you could vote no and roll the dice, ---------- that would be defined as stupidity

Then point out to me in the contract where they are adding even one trade job. You are hoping they will add jobs. The company will do only what they are required to do by contract. Not what you hope or think they might do. Perhaps you have some unpublished letters to back up your wishes, please share them with us.

Then point out to me in the contract where they are adding even one trade job. You are hoping they will add jobs. The company will do only what they are required to do by contract. Not what you hope or think they might do. Perhaps you have some unpublished letters to back up your wishes, please share them with us.

Pretty clear to me with 6 billion in jobs, $100,000 buyouts which we have never seen before, aws and no restrictions on who and what trades can go there will be plenty of jobs..........

Just vote no and take your chance,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Just trying to help open your eyes for your vision is cloudy

At best, they will do only what they are required to do. "Market Conditions" and other slippery language, unpublished of course, and a IUAW in bed with them, I mean on the board with them, means NOTHING is written in granite. More like sand.

Benefits rep at my location has run over 50 retirement estimates over the past 2 days for trades taking the $100,000, many are leaving

I have to agree with the thought that many of these "new members" are rah-rah types from the sales dept. of the UAW or corp. The high senority folks we have here are loooking at benefits and the long term income they will gain or lose by heading out now. Many are leaders and though I have not read it all due to being out the last couple days, I hear they may be in for another 1 dollar bump.

If you are debt free and have a bit in the THESPHE, then 65K in hand might be a good kick to get you started out the door. If you have not managed your finances that well, were a victim of the crime that took place on Wall Street, or you are supporting grandkids and in debt, then the 65K will not do it. I think many fall under one of the afore mentioned categories and will think twice before taking this quick fix cash.

Well you could vote no and roll the dice, ---------- that would be defined as stupidity

Really? When they go to general maintenance the company will cut 1/3 of the trades....buyouts help make that happen and since they didn't up skilled trades pay for those sent to the line like GM did, when they send the extras...no extra pay. Get real!!

Really? When they go to general maintenance the company will cut 1/3 of the trades....buyouts help make that happen and since they didn't up skilled trades pay for those sent to the line like GM did, when they send the extras...no extra pay. Get real!!

I do not know why people are assuming they will replace any trades that leave. Without any language in the contract requiring them to they will not. Bob King and Jimmy Settles are well aware of this to I bet, but they seem to be ok with it.

Pretty clear to me with 6 billion in jobs, $100,000 buyouts which we have never seen before, aws and no restrictions on who and what trades can go there will be plenty of jobs..........

Just vote no and take your chance,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Just trying to help open your eyes for your vision is cloudy

Clear to me, trades will be back pretty quick if labor lets them leave by January 1st. Taxes or some other reason these guys are wanting to all leave by then

Clear to me, trades will be back pretty quick if labor lets them leave by January 1st. Taxes or some other reason these guys are wanting to all leave by then

Bull Shit ! Mechanical trades agreement will cut 20-30 percent within a year or two. Why else would you pay a tradesmen 50 k to go to production, when according to you they will be so needed. They could bring in a entry level at peanuts and not pay the 50k. If it was a good agreement you wouldn't have to sell it, or better put buy it.

Edited by wixom22

Unfortunately, it seems that there is a lot of stupidity on this site. Fortunately, it seems only limited to this site. In my plant, people are very happy with this deal. Should pass hands down.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it seems that there is a lot of stupidity on this site. Fortunately, it seems only limited to this site. In my plant, people are very happy with this deal. Should pass hands down.

Billions in jobs, In-sourcing from foreign countries, additional shifts, new products, bonuses etc.............

This far sighted agreement will insure a good future for all of us

Thank you Mr Settles

• Like 1

Voting no will not increase bonuses, pay or benefits. The cap has been hit and labor rates will not increase.

Voting no will only take away something we have now and trade it for something of equal value

This is a good agreement that will bring everyone back to work and job security that 20 years and less seniority have never seen

God bless the UAW

• Like 1

Voting no will not increase bonuses, pay or benefits. The cap has been hit and labor rates will not increase.

Voting no will only take away something we have now and trade it for something of equal value

This is a good agreement that will bring everyone back to work and job security that 20 years and less seniority have never seen

God bless the UAW

We have to many crybabies who haven't convinced me or anyone I know to vote NO. Turn down this great deal? WTF? You must be crazy or high or both.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

Those trades 'old-timers' are not going anywhere."I wanna work another weekend".They will figure somethings lousy about getting a hundred grand on top of a full pension plus benefits?Maybe half as many as expected will retire.The Old-Timers dont retire,they expire!

Edited by Fatso