The “Haves” are hurting the “Have Not’s”

dividedwebeg

The plants like CAP and MAP that received product commitments from the 2007 agreement now have product could care less about the rest of us!!!

We voted in the 2007 agreement by 75% that gave those locations a future

Now the remaining 20,000 of us need product investments, $16 Billion and these selfish locations are putting me and my family in a bad position with no job security

We were there for you in 2007 and now we need this 16 billion in investments, yet you got yours and put us in danger

Wheres the solidarity???

Need product at AAI

• Like 6

Where's the solidarity on your part? Solid house sold trades and high OT plants down the river and all you care about is yours. Stop with the we are greedy you are not. This contract has concessions for trades and in profit sharing.

Start with we all could have gotten better. No need for high OT plants to lose money on Profit sharing. We could have all had a little more.

Please explain how we lost on the profit sharing ? While I can agree the cap kind of sucks, just show me the last time Ford made 12 billion North American profits ?

Ok not having FMC in the mix does suck but this profit sharing plan exceeds what we have had in recent history.

I can not speak on the trades portion of the agreement because I have not dug in too deep on that portion of our contracts.

• Like 1

The HAVES are going to be hurting themselves. I cannot stress enough that Ford is hiring replacement workers for a strike. Here is an ad on careerbuilder.com--

Assembler Fitter

Apply Now >>

Save it | Email It | Print it | Share with Facebook Friends Report It

Job Snapshot

Base Pay: $21.00 /Hour

Other Pay: OT, Per Diem + Travel Pay

Employee Type: Contractor

Industry: Manufacturing

Manages Others: No

Job Type: Skilled Labor - Trades

Experience: At least 2 year(s)

Post Date: 10/11/2011

Description

POSSIBLE LABOR DISPUTE MUST BE ABLE TO CROSS PICKETT LINE!

Assembler

Assemble and/or install a variety of major and minor subassemblies, parts, and systems as directed. typical parts are engine and transmission assemblies, radiators transfer cases, auxiliary transmissions, axles, air systems, hydraulic steering, electric lines, valves, tanks, brackets, linkages, tinware, ect. May install hitches, graders, or other equipment where assembly is predetermined. Cut, fit, bend, and adjust parts for fit or function as directed. Drill, ream, or tap holes for mounting or clearance as directed. Fill batteries and install connector ends as required. Lubricate vehicle and accessory grease points as directed. Start up engine and check dashboard instruments for proper function. assemblies weigh up to 10,000 lbs. with appropriate handling equipment such as crane, dollies, ect., provided.

Requirements

POSSIBLE LABOR DISPUTE MUST BE ABLE TO CROSS PICKETT LINE!

Must be proficient in blue print reading and fabrication capabilities.

Must have 5+ years experience.

Must be willing to work 60-72 hours a week.

Must be willing to travel, this job is not in MI

where in that ad does it say Ford Motor Company? a similar ad says it's in georgia.. what ford plant is in georgia?

Edited by Raws41900

The plants like CAP and MAP that received product commitments from the 2007 agreement now have product could care less about the rest of us!!!

Now the remaining 20,000 of us need product investments, $16 Billion and these selfish locations are putting me and my family in a bad position with no job security

We were there for you in 2007 and now we need this 16 billion in investments, yet you got yours and put us in danger

Wheres the solidarity???

Need product at AAI

Im voting yes for you brother and share solidarity for locations like AAI. I support the job security in this agreement. My location did benefit from the 2007 agreement and for that I am thankful.

Im sure AAI will gain over 90% yes vote.

• Like 2

Wheres the solidarity???

Need product at AAI

We need product at the Rouge, DEP, DSP and DDMP. But it is DTP that seems to be against the contract and they have a full plant!

• Like 1

Wheres the solidarity???

Need product at AAI

All the promises they made of products and investments were already on their books whether we voted yes or no. So don't fool yourself into believing otherwise. They have to set up with companies like KUKA as much as 2 years in advance to get the robots. They just like to throw that stuff in to make us feel like their doing something extra for us, when in fact they aren't.

• Like 1

People have the right to their opinions. Hopefully they will start to think about the time in which we currently live. The most our IUAW could possibly extract from the company for penance of our sacrificed concessions would be the addition of JOBS. Nothing outweighs this fact.

In 2003 we had 101k UAW Ford Workers and we now have 41k. That’s the derivative of the old formula. In 2009 we accepted concessions to do what? Save the company we work for and to save our Union jobs. We have done just that, we have also turned the tide of losing our jobs. We have the opportunity to add jobs and to bring back product back from offshore.

So, what’s the real bottom line? I have to ask because I have spoken to folks that are upset that the 2nd tier worker would receive a pay increase and not the 1st tier, yet the very same person was upset that the 2nd tier wasn’t brought up to parity. I have talked to folks that are upset at the VEBA getting 10% (off the top) from our profit sharing, and yet two minutes later complained that they are scared that the VEBA won’t last. I know what you’re thinking, and trust me I was at the same quandary in making sense of these statements.

We look good in the public’s eye, we are gaining market share and we are about to start putting on jobs for people that are in much need of work. We need numbers, numbers cost the most, and we need to keep on target with public view and market share. For the first time since 1980 our hour glass of losing UAW Auto worker jobs has as chance to be flipped from nearing empty. And with all this, we are still the highest paid workers in the entire auto industry. It’s up to us to look at this contract for what it really is and for its real worth to us as a whole. By adding jobs for our brothers and sisters, by returning product from offshore, the IUAW has restored my faith that the true meaning of Union still rings true.

Many plants gained product because we as a Union and as a whole accepted the 2007 agreement along the mods. Here’s just a few of them that reaped the benefits of our sacrifices and received product commitments. I’m not complaining, it’s awesome that we did what we needed to, I’m just saying.

I have a question for the trades. Had the IUAW not successfully negotiated the 2007 Seniority into production ranks right, what would have happened by the language? I was under the impression that you would have run out of SUB and TAP in 2 years and then would have been out. If this is not true, please direct me to the language that speaks to you working in the production ranks with no previous service time in production. What if we flip the coin, let’s say that production is out on ILO with no chance of working, will they give us 2007 Seniority to work within the Trade SOG’s? It’s a rhetorical question, we have no second chance when at the bottom and put out, that is untill the 2nd tier are put on roll.

It’s going to be very interesting to see if those that have product vote to save other Union brothers and sisters jobs at other plants that are in need.

Be Good

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body

Vice President & Bargaining Representative

• Like 4

People have the right to their opinions. Hopefully they will start to think about the time in which we currently live. The most our IUAW could possibly extract from the company for penance of our sacrificed concessions would be the addition of JOBS. Nothing outweighs this fact.

In 2003 we had 101k UAW Ford Workers and we now have 41k. That’s the derivative of the old formula. In 2009 we accepted concessions to do what? Save the company we work for and to save our Union jobs. We have done just that, we have also turned the tide of losing our jobs. We have the opportunity to add jobs and to bring back product back from offshore.

So, what’s the real bottom line? I have to ask because I have spoken to folks that are upset that the 2nd tier worker would receive a pay increase and not the 1st tier, yet the very same person was upset that the 2nd tier wasn’t brought up to parity. I have talked to folks that are upset at the VEBA getting 10% (off the top) from our profit sharing, and yet two minutes later complained that they are scared that the VEBA won’t last. I know what you’re thinking, and trust me I was at the same quandary in making sense of these statements.

We look good in the public’s eye, we are gaining market share and we are about to start putting on jobs for people that are in much need of work. We need numbers, numbers cost the most, and we need to keep on target with public view and market share. For the first time since 1980 our hour glass of losing UAW Auto worker jobs has as chance to be flipped from nearing empty. And with all this, we are still the highest paid workers in the entire auto industry. It’s up to us to look at this contract for what it really is and for its real worth to us as a whole. By adding jobs for our brothers and sisters, by returning product from offshore, the IUAW has restored my faith that the true meaning of Union still rings true.

Many plants gained product because we as a Union and as a whole accepted the 2007 agreement along the mods. Here’s just a few of them that reaped the benefits of our sacrifices and received product commitments. I’m not complaining, it’s awesome that we did what we needed to, I’m just saying.

I have a question for the trades. Had the IUAW not successfully negotiated the 2007 Seniority into production ranks right, what would have happened by the language? I was under the impression that you would have run out of SUB and TAP in 2 years and then would have been out. If this is not true, please direct me to the language that speaks to you working in the production ranks with no previous service time in production. What if we flip the coin, let’s say that production is out on ILO with no chance of working, will they give us 2007 Seniority to work within the Trade SOG’s? It’s a rhetorical question, we have no second chance when at the bottom and put out, that is untill the 2nd tier are put on roll.

It’s going to be very interesting to see if those that have product vote to save other Union brothers and sisters jobs at other plants that are in need.

Be Good

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Thanks Jeff. Nice post.

• Like 1

Be Good

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Thanks Jeff

The plants voting this agreement down are putting us all in a irreversible vortex that will ultimately end up in a strike. The negotiating team got a good fair agreement especially the "have not" plants. I dont see them getting a better agreement unless they strike.

Truth is that the company more than likely will enjoy the strike as a way of forcing less than the current agreement we have

Winter is coming and so is a long cold strike

Solidarity is broken, the plants that need the job security will lose the most and we will end up settling for less not to mention the measly $200 per week strike pay

• Like 1

Thanks Jeff

The plants voting this agreement down are putting us all in a irreversible vortex that will ultimately end up in a strike. The negotiating team got a good fair agreement especially the "have not" plants. I dont see them getting a better agreement unless they strike.

Truth is that the company more than likely will enjoy the strike as a way of forcing less than the current agreement we have

Winter is coming and so is a long cold strike

Solidarity is broken, the plants that need the job security will lose the most and we will end up settling for less not to mention the measly $200 per week strike pay

Its clear that the plants that got the windfall of investments in 2007 are turning this agreement down. No solidarity from these selfish tea-party types

• Like 3

Wheres the solidarity???

Need product at AAI

This agreement brings in a lot of product to plants that need it and the ones that we voted to get it in 2007 who are doing extremely well because of our sacrifices are telling us to get screwed. That's not solidarity, that's stupidity.

• Like 4

wait a minute here is no one watching any news big companys are bring back products back here because wages and shipping is getting more expensive overseas and ford is making everybuddy belive its our decession? if no one knows this it called (red circling) and in 3 years down the road when cost of living doubles and our checks are the same amount hows your living style going to be then???? oh and how you think your union brother standing next to you making 18$ hour (2nd teir) is gettin by but i guess all you yes voters dont have union values.

• Like 3

Not really what the OP meant by have or have not, but in my area at least at DTP it seems as though the most vocal NO voters are the people who have properties up North, numerous vehicles and toys that they can sell off for ready cash if need be, and just generally well situated.

Many of us at DTP are in favor of this agreement because of the huge investments in DSP, DDMP and DEP. We are more than just DTP

DTP as well as the rest of the Rouge will pass this agreement 70% yes

• Like 3

Many of us at DTP are in favor of this agreement because of the huge investments in DSP, DDMP and DEP. We are more than just DTP

I hope you are right Armstrong. The Rouge is getting a lot of new work. Who would vote against that?

• Like 3

The Rouge should vote 70% + for these billions in investments and job security for their site specifically as well as the rest of the UAW Ford locations

• Like 3

This agreement brings in a lot of product to plants that need it and the ones that we voted to get it in 2007 who are doing extremely well because of our sacrifices are telling us to get screwed. That's not solidarity, that's stupidity.

There is a lot of stupidity out there. If we don't have product, we are screwed.

• Like 1

Be Good

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Thanks Jeff

I do believe common sense will take over and a yes vote is the only option to ensure our futures

A no vote or strike will put us in a black hole, typically with a unhappy ending

• Like 2

Wheres the solidarity???

Need product at AAI

I am at MAP and voted yes!We ALL need product! ALL need job security!! I see my neighbors NOT going to work everyday asking me about part time work at my plant! I am tired of hearing people tell me to "Be happy you have a job!" and tired of going to the plant everyday(LOL),but I do it everyday, and smile and wave to my wife and kids as i get in the car!

Its something a buddy of mine didnt do for 2 1/2 years when he couldnt find work now he works all over the midwest gone for a week to a month at a time he is a electrician in the automotive industry.

I am at MAP and voted yes!We ALL need product! ALL need job security!! I see my neighbors NOT going to work everyday asking me about part time work at my plant! I am tired of hearing people tell me to "Be happy you have a job!" and tired of going to the plant everyday(LOL),but I do it everyday, and smile and wave to my wife and kids as i get in the car!

Its something a buddy of mine didnt do for 2 1/2 years when he couldnt find work now he works all over the midwest gone for a week to a month at a time he is a electrician in the automotive industry.

I understand where each of you is coming from. A long time ago, (about 20yrs) many of us suggested that our union (the UAW) get Toyota, Honda, and anyone else that came to our shores under their umbrella. Understand this------->if we can't control the wages paid on our shores, why do we think we can control wages for vehicles imported in?

Because cars are hollow, our offshore competitors know that shipping them in will not work; especially when all political administrations; regardless of party, have balked when their numbers have risen to high. As soon as an import tax.....real or imagined is imposed.....they can no longer compete. This is why they have chosen; as you can see, to build plants here........although they build them in areas where unions are the weakest.

We can all complain about Ford, GM, or Chrysler. The truth be told---------->if the UAW gets our competitors under the umbrella. most of this debate goes away.

What is required for all this to happen is------->our/your protection to find a way to convince those NOT under the UAW umbrella to join.

So far, it has not been easy. They fight tooth and nail to stop them.

But then------->why are you paying union dues? Your job is to build cars. Your compensation for building those cars is tied to what the market will bear as far as wages. If the wages are waaaaay cheaper in Alabama, Georgia, or anywhere else; then to prop up the union ideal, it is the UAWs job to get them just compensation because they are NOW union!

We can all........and justifiably so........complain about the wages and all of the other nonsense that goes on at Georgetown. But, the truth is------>they are in the open market, unless our union gets them into our closed market, we are hosed.

If we can NOT control what is made by autoworkers in this; our country, then we may as well toss in the towel.

We as thinking individuals; can"t complain about the deal we get if we do not find a way to either force the UAW to get offshore competitors to join us; or if we can't, should then accept the reality that if we keep pushing the envelope, will again force GM, Chrysler, and our employers at Ford.......into oblivion.

It is reality! I am just the messenger of that reality. You must be the catalyst to insure that for everyones sake, you do not allow any of the crooks to get away with what you know has to happen for everyone to get just compensation.

If the truth is told, more than likely------->Ford and the UAW hope none of you figure this out. It is always easy when a bunch of lawyers tell you all is great because they don't want to fight cityhall!

I would ask each of you as members to ask this question------->if you were NOT a member of the UAW, if they came to you tommorrow, would you join? If you WOULD, then why won't they? If you wouldn't, then it answers a bunch of questions. Unless you get involved to fix what is wrong so they would join, more than likely your job is gonna be priced right out of the market. It is soo obvious---->the most stringent demands placed on our union should be that which makes you safe; not that which makes your wallet go up temporarily.

I just want to know if I should tell my oldest children to become lawyers, cityhall, or attempt to protect the workers of this country!

On whatever you decide, good luck.

Edited by Imawhosure