First 2013 Mustang Spy shots

Couple nice tweeks...the rear end looks slightly different...the tail lights have a new shape to them that gets rid of the angluarness of the current one (That was done to break up the chunky rear end of the 2005-09 Models)

Looks like we are finally getting away from the Retro mounted grill Fog lights too (I like mine, Fuck you very much LOL)

The updates are all very very minor, just trim details and some new lamps. But we are also looking at the Cobra version, changes may differ on the other models. I'm going to assume MyFord Touch is in there as well, which will be interesting.

Edited by BORG

The updates are all very very minor, just trim details and some new lamps. But we are also looking at the Cobra version, changes may differ on the other models. I'm going to assume MyFord Touch is in there as well, which will be interesting.

thats not the cobra version, i was told by my principle that some of the GT500 styling cues were being utilized across the board....

Just a face lift? With only two years left, why do this? Though I'm not complaining, just curious. Maybe I'll treat my self to a graduation gift in 2015.

I'd think that the mid-cycle refresh was obvious. Camaro, thanks to the pent-up demand has been ouselling Mustang and Ford's not going to allow it to continue.

I....don't like it. Yet. The rear looks like a nice nip/tuck, but I'm not in love with the lower front facia and I miss the fogs in the gille. And please, oh please, tell me those faux side-scoops are an option and not standard.

I can deal with moving the fog lamps but not crazy with the Tri-Bar logo, which I've never been a fan of, in the grille. I'd prefer that they retain the current Mustang logo in the grille and perhaps move it to the side.

• Like 1

Just a face lift? With only two years left, why do this? Though I'm not complaining, just curious. Maybe I'll treat my self to a graduation gift in 2015.

Evolution and slight changes in body shape, maybe not that expensive giving sufficient change to remain

fresh while evolving the design towards where the next model is headding with design language.

Evolution and slight changes in body shape, maybe not that expensive giving sufficient change to remain

fresh while evolving the design towards where the next model is headding with design language.

Hopefully it borrows cues from the Giugiaro concept a few years ago. Most notably the fastback roof line.

Ford-Mustang_Giugiaro_mp8_pic_39610.jpg

Ignore the A-pillar and how it has no vector/doesn't come to a point, but focus on the B- and C-pillars and how they're integrated into the trunk.

Looks like the taillights integrated those LED pipes from the 2013 Ford Taurus...but they don't wrap all the way around the lamps which is very odd...not sure what's happening there.

Dude those taillamps are disguised in so much 3M tape that they are only showing enough of what is needed to be functional while testing on the streets. The taillamps are actually blacked out sections with an LED perimeter defining each section.

post-33705-0-42367200-1320470529_thumb.jpg

post-33705-0-07581800-1320489279_thumb.jpg

Edited by StangBang

I....don't like it. Yet. The rear looks like a nice nip/tuck, but I'm not in love with the lower front facia and I miss the fogs in the gille. And please, oh please, tell me those faux side-scoops are an option and not standard.

The good news is that the 10-12 hood, grille and bumper cover will swap fit to the 2013 model. I have a feeling there will be a lot of that going on since many people I know do not like the big snouzer on the Shelby GT500.

They need to do something about the roof. Or the rear quarter glass........something.

Louvers or something to make it look different.

No... Any such expense to make it look different needs to go into making sure the 2015 Mustang gets everything it needs to be the best and not compromised.

There is something I never noticed about the rear quarters of the 2010-12 models until the other day. The roofline tapers differently to give the bottom of the rear glass a slightly tunneled look at the expense of making the forward edge of the decklid look out of alignment.

Edited by StangBang

I can deal with moving the fog lamps but not crazy with the Tri-Bar logo, which I've never been a fan of, in the grille. I'd prefer that they retain the current Mustang logo in the grille and perhaps move it to the side.

I am certain the Mustang will have a collection of interchangeable various grille designs as they do now to please everyone...

2013%20Ford%20Mustang%20Spy%2014-thumb-717x478-105482.jpg

Edited by StangBang

<br />Just a face lift? With only two years left, why do this? Though I'm not complaining, just curious. Maybe I'll treat my self to a graduation gift in 2015.<br />

Do keep in mind that the last time the mustang got a tweak to its styling was back in 2009...almost 4 years ago. This is just a minor update to keep the car fresh

They need to do something about the roof. Or the rear quarter glass........something.

Louvers or something to make it look different.

Minor freshenings avoid making changes to the body central because it affects crash performance and involves expensive changes to dies and tools. A minor freshening would involve a "front and rear 6" which gets into lamps, and plastic bits front and rear, along with wheels, and some interior touchup. If you want to spend more money and think you can get bang for the buck, then you might consider hood and fenders.

Dude those taillamps are disguised in so much 3M tape that they are only showing enough of what is needed to be functional while testing on the streets. The taillamps are actually blacked out sections with an LED perimeter defining each section.

post-33705-0-42367200-1320470529_thumb.jpg

post-33705-0-07581800-1320489279_thumb.jpg

Good deduction.

Edited by Austin

Minor freshenings avoid making changes to the body central because it affects crash performance and involves expensive changes to dies and tools. A minor freshening would involve a "front and rear 6" which gets into lamps, and plastic bits front and rear, along with wheels, and some interior touchup. If you want to spend more money and think you can get bang for the buck, then you might consider hood and fenders.

That's why I said something.

They can change things around the window, add a distinctive louver, something. The same roof treatment has been around since 2005. 8 years!

That's an eternity for a sporty car. It looks old. I'm NOT saying a new top hat. Just a tweak in the treatment. The aftermarket has done several things.

My link

No... Any such expense to make it look different needs to go into making sure the 2015 Mustang gets everything it needs to be the best and not compromised.

There is something I never noticed about the rear quarters of the 2010-12 models until the other day. The roofline tapers differently to give the bottom of the rear glass a slightly tunneled look at the expense of making the forward edge of the decklid look out of alignment.

1) No, not that kind of expense. See previous post.

2) I don't think so

Although the new Mustang shares many exterior traits with its 2009 predecessor, every panel except for the roof is completely new. The styling tweaks are noticeable fore and aft, with a sloping nose that produces a more sinister frown, and more shapely taillights. From any angle, though, the historical styling DNA is readily apparent.

My link

If you can post pics of the different roofs I'd like to see it.

Edited by timmm55