Thanks for the Holidays UAW!

4Real?

As some of my neighbors, friends and even family members have to work on Thanksgiving or the day after Thanksgiving, I want to thank the UAW leadership for their continuation of our paid holidays. How many do we get a year? 17 or 18? How many does the rest of working America get? 3 or 4? In many cases zero. Thanks UAW!

• Like 10

As some of my neighbors, friends and even family members have to work on Thanksgiving or the day after Thanksgiving, I want to thank the UAW leadership for their continuation of our paid holidays. How many do we get a year? 17 or 18? How many does the rest of working America get? 3 or 4? In many cases zero. Thanks UAW!

IUAW rep. is trying to say we pass a good contract:Hysterical or someone trying to get pull up to IUAW Vatican!(pope)

• Like 2

4Real? ...... does that mean, your not sure, I mean .... "4" ... "Real" "???"

You talk about being thankful for a contract, I believe most if not all the holidays you speak of were a product of negotiations that occurred sometime back. Years before the present leadership sat at the table. So, to be straight forward I believe your thanking the wrong group of leaders.

4Real?, is the question mark in your screen name, saying that you are not sure of things? Then, maybe you meant you were thankful the present leadership didn`t give up or back anymore of our holidays that the past leadership had fought for and won through beneficial negotiation. Yep, "beneficial negotiations", something the present leadership seems to be at a loss to do.

Are you thankful for not losing more? Are you thankful for staying stagnant in your earnings? Are you thankful for having what you had?

I wonder when you last talked to a retiree? Have you thought what it would be like to be a trades person? Ever think about what it feels like to make half of what the person across the line from you makes, doing the same work?

Yes... 4Real?, we are all thankful. Yes, thankful for jobs, paychecks, holiday pay, pension checks..... on and on.

Stop and think, is there one thing that we received in the last contract that was a product of "beneficial negotiations" and not that big old bribe that we all got. Really 4Real?, what we got is for the most part what we had. So thanks should go to those past leaders that put into place the benefits that your so thankful for.

I`m very thankful for everything that I have. I thank those past leaders for all that they worked so hard to get in exchange for their memberships labor. I can only hope that the current and future leaders can move on from their position of helping the Company at any cost and telling the membership they better do this or do that or else.

Hey, 4Real? you sharing a turkey leg with Morton? Maybe that`s something to be thankful for???

Decker

1 of the 1788

• Like 1

Yep, I've been thankful for the past 19 years to be able to be with my family on holidays - paid holidays!

This year, I get to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family trying to decide if I should transfer to a different plant or quit.

Thanks to my UAW and Ford for making this year a joyous holiday season for me.

During turkey dinner we get to decide if my wife should quit her job, if we should uproot our 5 children from their friends and schools, sell our house at a loss and move to a different state for employment. Or, should I just give up and quit? Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Thanks UAW for all you did during negotiations which resulted in the closing of TCAP.

I could go on about all that I'm thankful for, but my union and IUAW will not be included in my thanks.

• Like 5

4Real? ...... does that mean, your not sure, I mean .... "4" ... "Real" "???"

You talk about being thankful for a contract, I believe most if not all the holidays you speak of were a product of negotiations that occurred sometime back. Years before the present leadership sat at the table. So, to be straight forward I believe your thanking the wrong group of leaders.

4Real?, is the question mark in your screen name, saying that you are not sure of things? Then, maybe you meant you were thankful the present leadership didn`t give up or back anymore of our holidays that the past leadership had fought for and won through beneficial negotiation. Yep, "beneficial negotiations", something the present leadership seems to be at a loss to do.

Are you thankful for not losing more? Are you thankful for staying stagnant in your earnings? Are you thankful for having what you had?

I wonder when you last talked to a retiree? Have you thought what it would be like to be a trades person? Ever think about what it feels like to make half of what the person across the line from you makes, doing the same work?

Yes... 4Real?, we are all thankful. Yes, thankful for jobs, paychecks, holiday pay, pension checks..... on and on.

Stop and think, is there one thing that we received in the last contract that was a product of "beneficial negotiations" and not that big old bribe that we all got. Really 4Real?, what we got is for the most part what we had. So thanks should go to those past leaders that put into place the benefits that your so thankful for.

I`m very thankful for everything that I have. I thank those past leaders for all that they worked so hard to get in exchange for their memberships labor. I can only hope that the current and future leaders can move on from their position of helping the Company at any cost and telling the membership they better do this or do that or else.

Hey, 4Real? you sharing a turkey leg with Morton? Maybe that`s something to be thankful for???

Decker

1 of the 1788

Great Post

I'm Thankful for all our benefits we enjoy everyday

I'm Thankful for our past leaders, that negotiated good contracts

I'm Thankful for the members that look out for our Retiree's, Oh Yah we will all be in that boat one day

I'm Disappointed in this Contract

I'm Disappointed in not getting back what we gave up

I'm Interested to see our Local Ageement

I'm Interested to see how our Chair and Pres get us all the things back we gave up

I'm Intersted to see after they put out the letter to the membership, that they were very vocal to the IUAW, to restore benefits. NOT

I'm Interested to see How they sell a Local Agreement, after the IUAW Contract got CRUSHED at CAP. The one that was endorsed by our Chair

I'm Thankful its almost Turkey time!

Enjoy you time off work with your Family

2 of the1788

Yep, I've been thankful for the past 19 years to be able to be with my family on holidays - paid holidays!

This year, I get to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family trying to decide if I should transfer to a different plant or quit.

During turkey dinner we get to decide if my wife should quit her job, if we should uproot our 5 children from their friends and schools, sell our house at a loss and move to a different state for employment. Or, should I just give up and quit? Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Thanks UAW for all you did during negotiations which resulted in the closing of TCAP.

I could go on about all that I'm thankful for, but my union and IUAW will not be included in my thanks.

You should be thankful that the UAW was able to negotiate you the opportunity to transfer instead of being laid off.

• Like 9

You should be thankful that the UAW was able to negotiate you the opportunity to transfer instead of being laid off.

I too am grateful for the UAW

All one has to do is look at the transplants to see how they are treated

$24 per hour

$300 per month medical out of pocket pay

No profit sharing

No bonuses

No jury duty pay

No bereavement pay

No Sub

No TAP

No Personal days

No family days

Only 1/2 weeks vacation

Go on medical-Never return

No job transfer opportunities

No Seniority Recognition

Forced overtime

No grievance procedure

No voice in the workplace

No paid holidays off..........................etc

The list can go on for pages

So on this Thanksgiving I do thank you UAW for many friends and family are suffering right now with no employment and low paying jobs.

I am thankful for the UAW protection on my wages, benefits and job security

Thank God for the UAW.............. I give thanks

• Like 7

I'm Thankful for Bob King & Jimmy Settles, if it wasn't for them and this crappy contract I could of gotten a pay raise,I could of gotten my holidays back, I could of gotten cola back, I could of gotten the 1 min for breaks back , I could of gotten my christmas bonus back, the retirees could of gotten the $700.00 back,

Thanks Bob & Jimmy job well done !!!

Happy Thanksgiving !

• Like 3

Well my friends that are police, firemen and medical related (doctors & nurses) are working today so they have "another" day off instead and I am glad they are on the job today. I would hate for someone as dense as yourself need medical attention and not receive it.

Is the UAW responsible for Ford management and all of the autoworker transplants being off today also?

Awesome.

Rest assured I bet some IUAW staff will be on the clock somewhere today or tomorrow but out of the plant.

• Like 4

Teachers, and government employees get more, and we have more paid holidays in the shipping industry then I have even heard of. Mainers Day, and Flag day included. In addition we get double time and 1/2 for all hours worked. Is this post to shake off criticisms for the days the UAW gave back, how bout the Christmas bonus?

• Like 2

Wow. Negotiate the right to transfer? Didn't you get the same opportunity to transfer? I'm pretty sure that this great opportunity to transfer was offered at each plant.

Ford needs workers at Chicago and Louisville. Anyone could transfer from any plant. UAW had nothing to do with transfer opportunities.

The difference with me is that I don't have the option to stay at my home plant.

Personally, the way I feel right now, I'd rather be laid off, be pissed off, and collect sub pay which I've earned. But, oh, that's right, our UAW negotiated that Ford can give me a mandatory transfer and if I turn it down I no longer get sub pay or health ins.

Yep, for some workers, the right to transfer is a great option. For me it's not so great an option.

And now the UAW has negotiated, that for closing my plant, my options are to accept less than 1 year's wages and quit, or transfer.

rn4 - thanks for what?

• Like 1

$24 per hour

No profit sharing

No bonuses

No jury duty pay

No bereavement pay

No Sub

No TAP

No Personal days

No family days

Only 1/2 weeks vacation

No Seniority Recognition

Forced overtime

No grievance procedure

So on this Thanksgiving I do thank you UAW for many friends and family are suffering right now with no employment and low paying jobs.

Well done

+1

• Like 2

Wow. Negotiate the right to transfer? Didn't you get the same opportunity to transfer? I'm pretty sure that this great opportunity to transfer was offered at each plant.

Ford needs workers at Chicago and Louisville. Anyone could transfer from any plant. UAW had nothing to do with transfer opportunities.

The difference with me is that I don't have the option to stay at my home plant.

Personally, the way I feel right now, I'd rather be laid off, be pissed off, and collect sub pay which I've earned. But, oh, that's right, our UAW negotiated that Ford can give me a mandatory transfer and if I turn it down I no longer get sub pay or health ins.

Yep, for some workers, the right to transfer is a great option. For me it's not so great an option.

And now the UAW has negotiated, that for closing my plant, my options are to accept less than 1 year's wages and quit, or transfer.

rn4 - thanks for what?

You have known that your plant was going to close since 2006. If you didn't think that transferring was a option for you, you should have taken one of the UAW negotiated buyouts that were available.

• Like 6

$24 per hour

No profit sharing

No bonuses

No jury duty pay

No bereavement pay

No Sub

No TAP

No Personal days

No family days

Only 1/2 weeks vacation

No Seniority Recognition

Forced overtime

No grievance procedure

2 weeks vacation paid

Um sorry to bust your bubble, I am union all the way but my brother works at Toyota & your list does not match. They do get paid holidays, $27+/hr, 2 weeks vacation paid, sick days paid, more bonuses than I have ever received & since when was our overtime not forced ? Of course the only reason they get any of this is to keep the union out but your facts are incorrect.

• Like 4

You have known that your plant was going to close since 2006. If you didn't think that transferring was a option for you, you should have taken one of the UAW negotiated buyouts that were available.

Perhaps you mean the ENTERPRISE Nation-wide buyout options offered from Ford to all employees when they were desperately trying to get rid of senior employees at max. wage scale.

Of course I'm only an hourly worker, but I'm gonna take a guess and say that UAW didn't have anything to do with negotiating these buyouts.

Yep, looking back, I suppose I should have took the buyout and quit. For some silly reason though, I thought the UAW might actually try to negotiate to keep TCAP open. Since that didn't happen, I think that the UAW could of at least negotiated a 'softer landing' for those of us falling through the cracks due to a plant closing.

• Like 2

Perhaps you mean the ENTERPRISE Nation-wide buyout options offered from Ford to all employees when they were desperately trying to get rid of senior employees at max. wage scale.

Of course I'm only an hourly worker, but I'm gonna take a guess and say that UAW didn't have anything to do with negotiating these buyouts.

Yep, looking back, I suppose I should have took the buyout and quit. For some silly reason though, I thought the UAW might actually try to negotiate to keep TCAP open. Since that didn't happen, I think that the UAW could of at least negotiaed a 'softer landing' for those of us falling through the cracks due to a plant closing.

I worked at maumee stamping. I know what its like to have your plant close. Realisticly, the uaw could not stop ford from closing a plant. Ok, you feel they could have negotiated to keep tcap open. What would they give up and return? Ford decided they had to close an assembly plant. I know it sucks. They could have handled it better, don't get me wrong. But the uaw could not save tcap. They cannot force ford to keep anything open. They can only try to ease the burden. I've been in your shoes brother. I watched my plant close. I've worked 2 different temporary placements. I went back to production for 3 years. I know the pain. I wish you luck brother, but ford closed your plant not the uaw. Uaw needs some blame in the details, but ford did most of it.

Good luck in your decision making. I understand exactly how you feel. Best wishes brother.

• Like 2

Teachers, and government employees get more, and we have more paid holidays in the shipping industry then I have even heard of. Mainers Day, and Flag day included. In addition we get double time and 1/2 for all hours worked. Is this post to shake off criticisms for the days the UAW gave back, how bout the Christmas bonus?

Why do you insist on telling us how good you have it now that you took the buyout? We autoworkers are thankful for what we earn....why don't you go post on the shipping industry web site? You are not an employee or a retiree....you took a buyout....your done here.....

• Like 2

Why do you insist on telling us how good you have it now that you took the buyout? We autoworkers are thankful for what we earn....why don't you go post on the shipping industry web site? You are not an employee or a retiree....you took a buyout....your done here.....

I think the point he is trying to make is everyone in the media says how the UAW is sucking the life out of Ford etc & some on here are talking about what all we have but the reality is we have lost big time over the last few years, people in my neighborhood who arent even in a union are doing better, & if the attitude of the media & some on these sites stay the same about how great we have it, we will never get any of our losses back & we will take a wage cut, maybe not in 4 years but assuredly in 8.

• Like 2

My, heart is out for you. Thanks for all you have done for the company. I can't imagine why they would close your plant.

First and foremost it's a hydro plant cost nothing to run I also believe its the largest supplier of energy in your state.

Green energy you dumb asses you should be making hybrids at that plant . They should have closed one of the other worthless

plants like CAP or any one of the other shit makers. Oh well you just can't fix stupid.

Wrong, Ford's pension obligations to me makes me a retiree. I will post where I like. Now back on topic sucka face.................

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 2

The focus fanatic forum must get boring with the 8 members so he comes back here....

( I agree that taking a buyout does not make you a retiree even if you have a vested pension)

• Like 1

I worked at maumee stamping. I know what its like to have your plant close. Realisticly, the uaw could not stop ford from closing a plant. Ok, you feel they could have negotiated to keep tcap open. What would they give up and return? Ford decided they had to close an assembly plant. I know it sucks. They could have handled it better, don't get me wrong. But the uaw could not save tcap. They cannot force ford to keep anything open. They can only try to ease the burden. I've been in your shoes brother. I watched my plant close. I've worked 2 different temporary placements. I went back to production for 3 years. I know the pain. I wish you luck brother, but ford closed your plant not the uaw. Uaw needs some blame in the details, but ford did most of it.

Good luck in your decision making. I understand exactly how you feel. Best wishes brother.

Thank you for understanding. I suppose noone really knows how it feels untill you have to go through this b.s. I realize I'm not the first nor probably not the last. During the past 19+ years my heart has gone out to those that have lost their home plant.

Yep, I agree the UAW probably could not have saved TCAP. Usually once Ford decides to close a plant, it's history. (Except for the fact that Gettlefinger somehow saved LAP, which put TCAP in the crosshairs).

Anyway, I'm not really blaming my union for the closing, I'm just blaming them for my miserable options that are offered.

I had hoped that my representatives would have negotiated what Jimmy Settles stated to us 5 years ago: "a soft landing" for employees of a plant closure.

I'm sure one way or another things will work out OK. I'll do what's best for my family. But for now, I'll just be pissed off and need to blow some steam.

• Like 1

The focus fanatic forum must get boring with the 8 members so he comes back here....

( I agree that taking a buyout does not make you a retiree even if you have a vested pension)

Here and FaceBook.

(When one person is wrong, and another agrees, does not change the fact that they are both wrong.)

If being entitled to a pension does not make you a retiree, then all who have taken early retirements are also not retirees. That would include people taking 25 and out packages in the past. Like it or not I will post where I like, you just don't like people pointing out that you don't have the testicular fortitude to stand up for what is right. Just keep bending over, and taking what is given. I'm also thankful, thankful I do have to balls to make my own way, and don't have to settle for what others say is enough, and have options if I am not happy where I work.

You pay bananas, and you get monkeys.

I think the point he is trying to make is everyone in the media says how the UAW is sucking the life out of Ford etc & some on here are talking about what all we have but the reality is we have lost big time over the last few years, people in my neighborhood who arent even in a union are doing better, & if the attitude of the media & some on these sites stay the same about how great we have it, we will never get any of our losses back & we will take a wage cut, maybe not in 4 years but assuredly in 8.

Exactly, and there are union reps on this site telling you, you should be happy with the sh-t sandwhich you are being forced to eat. "You have it so much better then everyone else that you should be happy to give it back." ridiculous! Guess it is easier to make you feel guilty for what you earn, then it is to admit they are inadequate. Sorry, Alan Mullaly is a better leader then Bob King.

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 2