Lincoln getting its own ad agency?

Assuming the Mayans were not correct and there will still be a world in 2013 where people buy cars, Lincoln plans to be there commencing its rebirth: the 2013 MKZ overseen by Max Wolff will be the first model to reset the Lincoln brand. When there's a new story to be told, one often finds a new storyteller, so it's no surprise that Ford is setting up a "luxury-oriented boutique agency" in New York to handle Lincoln exclusively.

The unnamed firm is being assembled in conjunction with Team Detroit, the agency currently overseeing Ford and Lincoln. Heading it will be luxury-car consultant Cameron McNaughton as president with creative duties spearheaded by Chief Creative Officer Jon Pearce, a veteran of ad firm Bartle Bogle Hegarty.

More here...

...Seeing fake press conferences and nothing but the face/voice of a Discovery channel host will not help Lincoln.

otoh

I could a Lincoln commercial playing off the dirty(job) Mike Rowe...

...maybe have Mike's preppy-exec 'twin' brother drive up in a new Lincoln wearing a tuxedo

and

he wraps messy Mike up in a giant cleaners' bag before letting him into his car

wink.gif

I hope they do something on the same level of greatness as the F-150 ads and not the level of cheapness of all the other Ford products receive.

Seeing fake press conferences and nothing but the face/voice of a Discovery channel host will not help Lincoln.

Translation: "I hope they do something I like and not something I don't like. Because if they do what I like, they will be guaranteed success."

• Like 2

LS Commercial

LS Commercial 2

I particularly like the slogan "There are those who travel, and those who travel well"

The other aspect that I like about these commercials is that they are relatively simple and to the point.

This was arguably the best Lincoln LS commercial....Wood...Leather...Adrenaline....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxJfDFlJZLw

Wow, with all of these Lincoln centric things that Ford is doing, you would think they are serious about this thing.

I wonder how the "Ford is just grooming Lincoln to shut it down," conspiracy theorists justify this action....................... along with Lincolns own finance company, etc??

What I find most interesting is that Ford's path is very different from GM's.

Ford appears to be putting more weight on message and ownership experience than GM did with Cadillac.

With Cadillac, GM ran some commercials with Led Zeppelin, and that was about it apart from the new product. Ford is taking a much more holistic view of the process.

• Like 1

Ford is taking a much more holistic view of the process.

Exactly - that's what the negatards ignore. It started with killing Mercury and putting all resources into Lincoln. Then they hired a team of 100+ people with experience from other luxury brands including the Germans and they started with the dealership experience and a dedicated design team. It's a systematic approach that will pay dividends down the road and should put Cadillac to shame once they get all the parts in place. This is the planning and execution ability that GM lacks.

Exactly - that's what the negatards ignore. It started with killing Mercury and putting all resources into Lincoln. Then they hired a team of 100+ people with experience from other luxury brands including the Germans and they started with the dealership experience and a dedicated design team. It's a systematic approach that will pay dividends down the road and should put Cadillac to shame once they get all the parts in place. This is the planning and execution ability that GM lacks.

Which is ironic, given that this methodical approach was what led to GM's original ascendence.

Because we have all seen the new design direction that Lincoln is going after Wolff has had a chance to impart his ideas on it...

For Lincoln's sake, I hope he came on board AFTER the recent MKS/MKT disasters....

If that is the case, then I think that there is hope.....

And they have nothing whatsoever to do with the NEW Lincoln designs from the NEW Lincoln design chief. So why complain?

I did not know that he was "New"...... According to the press releases the MKS was supposed to indicate the new direction of Lincoln designs.... I guess that was not accurate....

I did not know that he was "New"...... According to the press releases the MKS was supposed to indicate the new direction of Lincoln designs.... I guess that was not accurate....

It never said that. You misinterpreted it. And you must have missed all of the buzz about the new MKZ which DOES indicate the new Lincoln styling direction because it's the first all new vehicle designed under Wolff. The MKS was just a refresh and as such they couldn't make too many changes like they are with the MKZ.