GM recalling Sonic over missing front brake pads

atvman

Ahahaha, that's awesome

Guys, I know we're all ford guys, but lets lessen the GM hate. Sure maybe their cars suck, but if there's just one thing they really know how to do, it's make us all laugh :hysterical:

I don't hate GM as much as hate their fanboys. Hell, my next car could possibly be an ATS.

See what $14 an hour labor rate gets you?

I've heard that the Sonic with 1.4L turbo and manual trans is quite a fun ride and highly recommended. And being built in America instead of Mexico is another plus. Sounds like a Fiesta ST is still at least a year away. Not sure why Ford is so slow in adding some fun Fiesta models. Hopefully Ford will be adding some pizzaz to Fiesta sometime in this new year. Fiesta is quickly falling into middling territory.

A Fusion?:camera:

News article link

Granted, an older news article, but I don't believe Karlas wages have gone from $1.50 to $14.00 in 4 1/2 years....

That's not to say Detroit isn't already saving a bundle by moving to Mexico. Mexican assembly workers average just $3.50 an hour plus benefits, compared with about $27 hourly plus benefits at a GM or Ford plant in the U.S. But less skilled workers at parts makers such as Delphi Corp. (DPHHIQ.PK ) in Mexico earn as little as $1.50 per hour, and their benefits are skimpier because unions are weaker in the fragmented parts industry.
Edited by twintornados

See what $14 an hour labor rate gets you?

I believe with new UAW contract the STARTING wage for a Tier Two worker is now $16/hour plus benefits. Not bad for a "starting" worker that hasn't proven himself/herself yet. If they work out, they do get raises fairly quickly and better benefits package. It's the temps I feel sorry for who are always promised permanent status, but for some reason never quite make it. Lots of temps get screwed and have for decades. The Big Three have been using temps since the 80's. But it could be worse I guess as so much work has gone to Mexico.

• 3 weeks later...