2014 Fiesta Spied

My link

Ford hasn’t yet confirmed when the 2014 Fiesta will go on sale, or even when it will debut. However, Ford has all but confirmed the sporty Fiesta ST will arrive sometime next year, and it would make sense to release that car at the same time as the updated non-ST models. The automaker also stated previously that the 1.0-liter EcoBoost would be available in the U.S. by 2013; together with the ST’s production timeline, that means it’s a pretty safe bet to assume that car will go on sale sometime next year. Expect to see the refreshed Fiesta at an auto show later this year or early in 2013.

This version of Fiesta (Mk VI) has been out since Fall 2008 and went on sale here in June 2010. I think it's high time for an MCE. 2013 for MY 2014? I was kind of hoping for this fall.

Yes, you're right, I had forgotten that we were late to the party to begin with. The interior is where the Fiesta really lags behind the rest of Ford with that absolutely hideous red dot matrix display, backlit callouts, and the stalk-mounted sync button. Not to mention a center console that was inspired by the Motorola Razr flip phone. I hope we see the biggest changes there.

And indeed, the trunk lid redesign is barely noticeable, but when compared to the old car it makes a significant difference.

I agree with Borg, the red lighting, and Razor button layout of the center dashboard looks horrible in comparison to the other Fords, just doesnt click well, they were hoping it would attract a younger crowd when they designed it back then...dont think it really matters nowadays anyways. And I would hope the engine gets a few horses to make it competitive to others.

This version of Fiesta (Mk VI) has been out since Fall 2008 and went on sale here in June 2010. I think it's high time for an MCE. 2013 for MY 2014? I was kind of hoping for this fall.

This fall would be a little too quick, Ford still has somewhat limited resources. Bringing the update and the ST next year sounds fine to me.

I agree with Borg, the red lighting, and Razor button layout of the center dashboard looks horrible in comparison to the other Fords, just doesnt click well, they were hoping it would attract a younger crowd when they designed it back then...dont think it really matters nowadays anyways. And I would hope the engine gets a few horses to make it competitive to others.

Looking at the 2013 Fiesta ST, it's safe to say your worries are taken care of:

1. The HVAC has an electronic display for possible dual-zone. Personally I like because my wife likes the heat cranked and I prefer cooler settings. The standard settings is really easy knobs to use although they feel a little cheap. Hey, it's an economy car so I forgive a cheap touch here and there.

2. The 'RAZAR' setup I found funky at first and to some may seem aged however, I have no issue using it. The Steering wheel controls are easy to use and thank goodness a volume control is now on the wheel.

3. SYNC control on stalk I ignored but it's now on the wheel so that's an improvement.

4. The red lighting for the trip computer is old and needs to go. I see a blue design so that's better.

5. I said it before, I'll say it again: Entry engine D16 with Ti-VCT and DI for 140hp and 130 lb-ft please. Have the EB10 as an FE option and ST is just perfect. I would like a 5 door model but either 3 or 5 doors BRING IT! There should be auto-start/stop as well.

6. Can I have a sport-tuned suspension and 17" wheel and all-disk brake package for non-ST models? Add a short stroke shifter to a 6M and more responsive first gear. This could be a 'poor-mans sport' for guys like me who probably won't or can't get an ST but a sporty SES would be just right.

That button layout ain't going anywhere. It's on the new Focus and Escape, so it'll be around for a few more years, even if the Fiesta drops it. Plus, it's really functional, so I see no reason to change.

That button layout ain't going anywhere. It's on the new Focus and Escape, so it'll be around for a few more years, even if the Fiesta drops it. Plus, it's really functional, so I see no reason to change.

the button layout is gone, it is being replaced as the MCEs roll through if not sooner, understand for Ford it is a small change because electronically the modules are the same.

If the Focus follows the same time frame then we may see an MCE for MY 2015 coming in 2 calendar years.

the focus will not follow that timeframe, It's MCE should be early or late 2014.

Looking at the 2013 Fiesta ST, it's safe to say your worries are taken care of:

1. The HVAC has an electronic display for possible dual-zone. Personally I like because my wife likes the heat cranked and I prefer cooler settings. The standard settings is really easy knobs to use although they feel a little cheap. Hey, it's an economy car so I forgive a cheap touch here and there.

The new Fiesta ST HVAC controls are the same as the original EU spec Fiesta

2008 Fiesta Titanium

112_0811_07z+2009_ford_fiesta+interior_pull_back.jpg

2013 Fiesta ST

2013-ford-fiesta-ST-euopean-spec-interior.jpg

The ST shows the upgraded Sony IP face, which was added to the Eu spec option sheet last year

Ford can move much more swiftly in making market desired changes to models.

th button layout should look more like this, fuctiionally the same but restyled.

Ford-Transit-Tourneo-Custom-Concept-MPV-photos-9.jpg