2013 Ford Fusion Order Guide

BORG

^ TY, Taurusguy

I actually like that layout a lot :)

'course need in car photo for esthetics

2b2, the black Fusion if you look at the badge located at the bottom front drivers door, it says Hybrid. Also in Canada

the 18" Premium Painted wheels can be added to the Hybrid 505a equipment group pak.

TY, MKII :) I got carried away...

...again

:blush:

Edited by 2b2

Agree Derek, here are couple pics from my brothers dealership drive event in Ottawa

Hybrid

215753_460216320676928_798244825_n.jpg

The Hybrid looks a little bare on the interior. Don't these cars come with the Sony system? The MFT system (if this model has it) doesn't look right. Perhaps this is the bare bones system since it's pre-production?

I also understood that the hybrid comes with a IA/PS feature similar to the Focus Electric cars.

Edited by JSKershaw

The Hybrid looks a little bare on the interior. Don't these cars come with the Sony system? The MFT system (if this model has it) doesn't look right. Perhaps this is the bare bones system since it's pre-production?

I also understood that the hybrid comes with a IA/PS feature similar to the Focus Electric cars.

The hybrid is based on the SE model - no Sony radio available. Ford on facebook said the hybrid gets push button start but it's not in the order guide or the pictures.

Based on the feedback here alone, I would be shocked if Ford did not add a Titanium or other higher level Hybrid trim for the 2014MY, if not as a mid-2013 addition. Have any details been released on the trim level of the Fusion Energi, maybe this is what they were thinking of when they said the Hybrid would get push button start?

I think there are safety advantages in no IA/PS in a hybrid vehicle. The multitude of vehicles presents a problem for emergency first responders in dealing with whether a hybrid is off or on. It's not a given that turning a key off in a damaged hybrid makes it completely safe but it's a good first step. Remember the runaway Lexus accident where a key turned to off would have prevented the accident.

The hybrid is based on the SE model - no Sony radio available. Ford on facebook said the hybrid gets push button start but it's not in the order guide or the pictures.

I hear what you're saying, but watch this walk through of the hybrid model. It sure looks like the Sony system and the same instrument cluster as the Titanium model. It also has the push to start.

I hear what you're saying, but watch this walk through of the hybrid model. It sure looks like the Sony system and the same instrument cluster as the Titanium model. It also has the push to start.

Don't forget that was an early pre-production car built for the auto show last winter. Actual components planned for each trim level might not have been finalized at that time.

I just found this picture of the interior for the S and SE model without MFT/Nav. You can see how the centre cluster and instrument cluster will look. It actually looks really nice. If you zoom in on the pic you can see where the key will go (lower right of the steering wheel column). Obviously no IA/PS feature on S and SE models.

I still have a hard time believing that the pic (posted above) of the interior for the hybrid will be final. The center console looks too bare compared to this pic and the titanium pics. Hopefully more pics will appear in the near future. Showing how it will look with the MFT/Nav screen, etc.

fsn13_models_detailflip_stereo6speaker.jpg

• Like 1

I just found this picture of the interior for the S and SE model without MFT/Nav. You can see how the centre cluster and instrument cluster will look. It actually looks really nice. If you zoom in on the pic you can see where the key will go (lower right of the steering wheel column). Obviously no IA/PS feature on S and SE models.

I still have a hard time believing that the pic (posted above) of the interior for the hybrid will be final. The center console looks too bare compared to this pic and the titanium pics. Hopefully more pics will appear in the near future. Showing how it will look with the MFT/Nav screen, etc.

fsn13_models_detailflip_stereo6speaker.jpg

I hope this is the final look of the console. I agree, it's less bare than the previous pictures depict. I'd love to see this in the tan interior.

I ordered my hybrid fully loaded on Saturday. The dealership sent my order in on Monday (yesterday). They are expecting that hybrid will take 10-12 weeks for delivery. Gas versions should start arriving in 6-8 weeks. I'm in Ontario Canada! The states might be sooner

Edited by JSKershaw

My local dealer is telling me they will start getting the 2013's in stock anyday now. I kind of don't believe them. What has everyone else been hearing?

Not possible. They just started Job 1 a few days ago. The plant must build error free vehicles for 5 days in a row before they give the OK to Buy order. If they go 4.5 days and have a problem, the 5 day clock starts over. This can take 2-3 weeks in some cases. During this time all vehicles are held and must be inspected before actually being shipped and in some cases repaired. Once they get the OKTB they can start shipping newly built units. I believe they are holding all retail (sold) orders until OKTB so they don't get stuck in a lot somewhere waiting on repairs for 2 months.

They won't start shipping for at least a week and could be a few weeks depending on how many problems are found.

Not possible. They just started Job 1 a few days ago. The plant must build error free vehicles for 5 days in a row before they give the OK to Buy order. If they go 4.5 days and have a problem, the 5 day clock starts over. This can take 2-3 weeks in some cases. During this time all vehicles are held and must be inspected before actually being shipped and in some cases repaired. Once they get the OKTB they can start shipping newly built units. I believe they are holding all retail (sold) orders until OKTB so they don't get stuck in a lot somewhere waiting on repairs for 2 months.

They won't start shipping for at least a week and could be a few weeks depending on how many problems are found.

Great, thanks for the info. I didn't realize that's how it worked.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm really glad I got a 2012.

You're not alone. 2013 MY Fusion is certainly a significant introduction for Ford. But the 2012 Fusion SE you have listed in your signature is a great choice - a fine product all around at a lower price than a comparable 2013. I own a 2010 Fusion SE and I'm continually impressed at how nice it is for the $19.7k I paid for it new.

Lurker here as we are looking to replace my wifes 2007 Toyota Rav4 Limited. I am kinda disappointed at trimming back the "options/features" of the Hybrid while it used to be you paid a premium for the Hybrid even got the kitchen sink. While I dont know what the exact pricing is going to be, looks like to get a Hyrbid you are starting at 33K and going to 35K+ to add the goodies.

Seeing as she is comparing the Camry (She is a Toyota Gal) and I am pushing the Fusion (she likes the 47/43 over the camry 43/39, but we understand thats EPA and not real world), but we both know , its going to take a LOT of driving to match the pricing between the two. Hopefully when these actually showing up in owners hands and we got "for fact" about what you can equip it with, there will be hope.

I would like HID/LED

Push to start/Intelligent Access (Love that on my Sonata)

Voice Turn by Turn Nav and Camera (Love that on my Sonata)

Power Front Seats (plural, dont have that...and it bites)

HomeLink or equivilant

Non-dorky rims (seems like if you get a Hybrid from any manu, you get super dopy rims).

Full Leather (no cloth).

I dont want:

Auto brights (really, thats an option?)

Auto wipers

Lane assist

Looks like Hybrid with 505A might be close. With 14L, 60N, 13B

So I've dug a little deeper to see if I can find the answers to some of the questions within this thread. This is what I've found:

Push to Start is not available in the Hybrid vehicle it looks like it will come with a flip out key. I have found this quick start guide and on page 11 it states "When you turn the ignition

on, your engine may not sound like it has started because your hybrid vehicle is equipped with Silent Key Start (SKS)."

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WODFHY/~MUS~LEN/41/13fhyqg1e.pdf

Also it does look like the image above of the Hybrid's interior with the "some what bare" center console is correct. Here's a link to the hybrid owners manual.

Look at page 108-109

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WODFSN/~MUS~LEN/41/13fsnom1e.pdf

Lots of interesting details within the owners manual. Worth the read even if this doesn't end up being a final version of the manual it's pretty interesting...