2013 Ford Fusion Order Guide

BORG

They must be short on hybrid parts (batteries or tranny) and are purposely trying to limit hybrid sales. It doesn't make any sense to me not to at least have push button start on the hybrid.

I 100% agree on this. We are a family that is wanting to spend less time at the pumps (whether we specifically break even on that return or not is still in question based on my excell sheets). Typically we had seen either you get a premium gas only or for a couple bucks more a premium hybrid.

However cutting back on the "fun" stuff; I am not sure what marketing Ford did. Hopefully they will re-evaluate and realize that people want to save money on fuel and not be cut in the options department. Its kind of reminiscent of wanting a manual and the only option of having it only mated to the wimpiest engine in a stripped down model.

My wife doesn’t really want much in the way of a car, but that PTS she likes a lot on my car and wants it on her next car. With small kids its nice not having to dig in your pockets for keys to start the car, especially in inclement weather.

Edited by Bearcats98

I have a feeling that they will give the car more "customization" options for the 2014+ models. They probably had to make the car more "cookie cutter" for the first year due to the projected hype and demand for this vehicle. As a customer who has placed an order for the 2013 Fusion Hybrid, it's a bit of a pain since I have ordered it fully loaded with all the available options. The difference in $$ compared to the fully loaded Titanium isn't that far off, so it should have the same options as the titanium model (in my opinion).

However, I'm in the market right now for a new car and having to wait for next years model or the Energi (which I would have waited for if I could) isn't possible for me. As of right now, I'm expecting my car to arrive early to mid November.

How difficult is it to order a mix of packages from the factory? (I never have ordered a new car before) For example, can I get SE Luxury package but then add a spoiler or push to start?

Go to the Ford website and you can compare models to see what options are or are not available. Or you can go to the Build and Price feature and that will show you what's available or not available on a specific model.

The quick start guide for the Fusion Hybrid shows the Sony radio with the disclaimer "Late Availability". This, along with the fact that the owner's manual includes instructions on using the Intelligent Access key seems to suggest that there will be additional models (Titanium Hybrid?) available at Job 2 or later.

I have a feeling that they will give the car more "customization" options for the 2014+ models. They probably had to make the car more "cookie cutter" for the first year due to the projected hype and demand for this vehicle.

Here is to hoping. I wont be buying until next year spring/summer anyway. But I do a ton of research before I buy cars. The part I love about the Fusion (grill) she hates. :runaway:

I'm still trying to decide if I want to get the Titanium or SE + Appearance with the 2.0. Unsure if it is worth the extra $2500 to me. The intelligent access/push start would be nice, but I could live without. Scuff plates & pedals could be added later. The only thing is the Sony Radio really, One question I had was, with the the SE with 2.0 ecoboost, does that include paddleshift (according to order guide, yes) and dual exhaust. I just like the symmetrical look of dual exhausts, but according to the ford site, only the Titanium has dual exhaust. Again, not sure if it's something worth spending an extra $2500 on.

I wasn't planning on getting any of the driver packages/auto park/adaptive cruise at this point.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to get the Titanium or SE + Appearance with the 2.0. Unsure if it is worth the extra $2500 to me. The intelligent access/push start would be nice, but I could live without. Scuff plates & pedals could be added later. The only thing is the Sony Radio really, One question I had was, with the the SE with 2.0 ecoboost, does that include paddleshift (according to order guide, yes) and dual exhaust. I just like the symmetrical look of dual exhausts, but according to the ford site, only the Titanium has dual exhaust. Again, not sure if it's something worth spending an extra $2500 on.

I wasn't planning on getting any of the driver packages/auto park/adaptive cruise at this point.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'd really like dual exhaust and push to start. But I have asked Ford online chat and a dealer...they both say that dual exhaust and push to start is exclusive to the titanium trim. You'd really think dual exhaust would be tied to the 2.0L Ecoboost.

I am unsure whether we can take the answers I got as being the truth...

Yeah, I would really have thought the dual exhaust would be tied to the 2.0 Ecoboost as well, but apparently not. However the more I think about it, I will probably end up going with the Titanium. Which, if I do, I will get the 19" H rims. Don't like all the spokes with the standard 18".

If I wasn't getting the Hybrid I would have definitely have gotten the Titanium model.

Does anybody know if the 2013 hybrid has an electric air conditioner so when the engine is off you will still have a/c? Also, how does it work for the heater? Does the engine have to be on to work?

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to tell but I think it's Oxford White. Oxford White is a single coat color - normal white with a clearcoat.

White Platinum tri-coat is exactly what it says - triple coated. There is a base layer, then a top layer then clearcoat. That's why it's more expensive.

It has more depth and a pearly type shimmer especially at night under the lights. You've probably seen it on Edges, MkX, Explorers and F150s especially the upper trim lines.

It's definitely worth the extra money IMO. I have it on the wife's 2008 Edge.

Does anyone know which 'White' paint job this is?

Why does the one shade of white have an upcharge? Any info on the difference between the two is appreciated.

The video says Titanium, so it would have to be White Platinum. The difference in the cost is a result of the paint process - the tri-coat paint such as White Platinum and Ruby Red carry a premium price because of the extra coat required. If you see White Platinum in bright sunlight you will really appreciate it. It has a metallic shimmer to it, whereas Oxford White is just a standard shade of white.

Edit: akirby is probably right. I didn't realize that both shades of white are available on the Fusion Titanium. Most other models offer White Platinum as the only white option on the top trim level.

Edited by timf

It's hard to tell but I think it's Oxford White. Oxford White is a single coat color - normal white with a clearcoat.

White Platinum tri-coat is exactly what it says - triple coated. There is a base layer, then a top layer then clearcoat. That's why it's more expensive.

It has more depth and a pearly type shimmer especially at night under the lights. You've probably seen it on Edges, MkX, Explorers and F150s especially the upper trim lines.

It's definitely worth the extra money IMO. I have it on the wife's 2008 Edge.

But is the more expensive white kind of an off white (cream) versus a regular blank white? That's what the website makes it seem like.

But the website also shows the Titanium premium rims as almost black and they clearly aren't in the above video....

But is the more expensive white kind of an off white (cream) versus a regular blank white? That's what the website makes it seem like.

It's white, not beige or cream. In certain lighting it has a pearlescent glow (really nice under streetlamps).

You can see it on a number of Ford vehicles right now on any Ford dealer lot. Just go look.

Edited by akirby

It appears the auto start/stop option can only be checked if combined with the base 203A & 205A SE trim 1.6 EB automatic tranny.

Wonder why this feature cannot be combined with the 204A package

That's a head scratcher. No technical reason I can think of given the equipment listed for the 204A package. Must be a marketing thing.

But the website also shows the Titanium premium rims as almost black and they clearly aren't in the above video....

As the name suggests, White Platinum has a hint of platinum (silvery) color to it. This puts it in the cool family of colors, whereas off-white or cream would be in the warm family of colors. When the metallic flakes aren't reflecting the silvery color, it just looks like bright white. You would never mistake the paint for silver though.

It's white, not beige or cream. In certain lighting it has a pearlescent glow (really nice under streetlamps).

You can see it on a number of Ford vehicles right now on any Ford dealer lot. Just go look.

As the name suggests, White Platinum has a hint of platinum (silvery) color to it. This puts it in the cool family of colors, whereas off-white or cream would be in the warm family of colors. When the metallic flakes aren't reflecting the silvery color, it just looks like bright white. You would never mistake the paint for silver though.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check out the two different whites on a ford lot this weekend!