First 2013 Flex on eBay - Looking Great

I've been watching for this, and the first 2013 Flex has appeared on the online auction site. Great "real world" photos (not press photos or auto show pics) really show off just how futuristic the new styling is. Even in base SE trim, listed at $29,066, the new model looks premium. First time I've seen the non-MFT switchgear in the Flex (lifted from the other D4 cars) and this application looks good. I pray Ford actually markets this thing, I could see it catching on finally.

KQ_800.jpg

VQ_800.jpg

vw_800.jpg

bA_800.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item5649d2392a

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Also... Notice the Blue Oval is back to being large and center on the liftgate. I wonder if the shrinking and repositioning is only for the models with the silver applique? Or if that was a last minute design change?

Og_800.jpg

According to the order guide, the SE and SEL models continue with the "old" rear hatch look with the center Ford oval, and the 4 inset grooves, while the SEL 201A and 202A packages adds the "new" liftgate applique which is body colored with the small Ford oval on the right side. On the Limited the same new applique is standard but in a satin aluminum finish.

Also... Notice the Blue Oval is back to being large and center on the liftgate. I wonder if the shrinking and repositioning is only for the models with the silver applique? Or if that was a last minute design change?

If you check the Build & Price tool, it shows that the Ford logo is large and center for models without liftgate appliques (whether body color or silver), and in the corner for models with appliques.

Nice find! Vernon's vehicle stock photos are impressive - among the best I've seen for an eBay Motors listing. :shades:

They have (had?) a few 2013 Taurus listings, first time I saw good views of the SE and SEL trims.

Texas Direct does a similarly fantastic job with photos in their listings.

Confession: I spend an unhealthy amount of time on eBay motors, daydreaming. However, with my new schedule, that might change.

• Like 1

They have (had?) a few 2013 Taurus listings, first time I saw good views of the SE and SEL trims.

Texas Direct does a similarly fantastic job with photos in their listings.

Confession: I spend an unhealthy amount of time on eBay motors, daydreaming. However, with my new schedule, that might change.

Ah, this post made me realize that only a few seconds after I saw the 2013 Flex, I saw a 2013 Taurus, which also looked good lol.

Ah, this post made me realize that only a few seconds after I saw the 2013 Flex, I saw a 2013 Taurus, which also looked good lol.

Yes, the 2013 Taurus looks incredible in the real world. There's already a new black SHO cruising around here (actually, passed it by the ballpark during a lunch meeting today) and it is HOT.

I saw a 2013 Lincoln MKS on the way home tonight. I like the new grille.

Lincoln of Columbus has sold more than a dozen 2013 MKS so far, despite having 10 or so 2012s on the lot with generous incentives. I've had a little seat time in the 2013, and the improvements are drastic. The MKS feels like a legitimate luxury contender.

I absolutely love the new front end. If they had a short wheelbase 2-door version I might be all over this. Obviously no off-road capability but it could still end my holdout for another Bronco.

A short wheel base, two door model with rear swinging half doors for better access to the back would be nice...thinking "Honda Element-esque" set up. Go with a 2.0L Ecoboost and viola, job done.

Just do it!

I would love to, but after buying the fifth wheel and truck last year, we have agreed to no large purchases for a while. At least until the house is paid off in a year or so and we can save some $$$ back up. The wife says there is a black Explorer Limited she sees every day next to work and it is taunting her. As much as we love the Flex, the Explorer may be her next vehicle...in a few years, which will be after a redesign.

• Like 1

I saw a 2013 Lincoln MKS on the way home tonight. I like the new grille.

Oh yeah, I could throw in that I saw a 2013 MKS a couple weeks ago lol - I liked the updates to it - the back looked good, I was concerned the trunk might look a little plain without the license plate there but it looked fine.

I saw a truckload of '13 Flexes on my way to Costco this morning on I75, they did a brilliant job working with the existing design and further defining it as a premium product. I'm definitely a big fan of the precision industrial look, it really stands out and it's one of the things i love about Ford design in NA. I'm quite worried that is going away because it's too subtle.

Regarding these photos, I wasn't even aware that the Flex got this low and offered this center-stack configuration. Thanks for posting them!

Speaking of other '13 Fords, I also saw a black Taurus SHO on Walton Blvd, what a STUNNING beast that thing is! Those wheels really set it off, I would totally tap that!

One of my co-workers already has the new '13 Lincoln MKT and I have to say, I'm smitten by it. I've been smitten ever since I saw it at the January AutoShow. It's the finest Lincoln I have ever been in, and the new fascia goes a long way for me. If they had only done some work on the back, I might be sold on it. It's too bad because the sacrifice panel and bumper are all soft parts that are not too expensive to change out and I'm sure designers could have done something to improve things.

Edited by BORG

I've seen a couple of 2013 Flexes on the road (as well as at NAIAS). I thought the previous iteration was fine (not a beauty contest winner, but kinda quirky), but the new grille is just hideous. I certainly hope Ford has another people mover to offer (and I suppose that might have to be an Explorer) when we're looking to replace the Taurus X (which is no beauty contest winner in itself).