2013 GT500...609 at the wheels!!!

Actually, an actual owner dyno'd theirs yesterday, with 95 miles on it.

First pull in the heat: 601rwhp 589rwtq.

Later best pull, in cooler conditions: 613rwhp 580rwtq.

Looks like Ford was spot on or more likely a little conservative! :)

Great for the those five or six thousand luckyenough to buy a GT500 in the coming year. For the rest of us prospective Mustang buyers anyone have the numbers for the plain old GT? For that matter the V6 numbers would be interesting too.

Great for the those five or six thousand luckyenough to buy a GT500 in the coming year. For the rest of us prospective Mustang buyers anyone have the numbers for the plain old GT? For that matter the V6 numbers would be interesting too.

Seen a few stock 5.0 GT's putting down around 380 or so at the wheels, so the 412 HP there looks a bit conservative by most counts as well. Only stock V6 I've seen dynoed put down around 255 rwhp.

A little????

Those are rear wheel figures. That's well over 700 HP at the crank.

Yes, if you factor in a conservative 15% parasitic drag losses at 609rwhp, it's roughly 91hp lost. So ya, you have a 700hp motor from the factory! :)

This engine makes 711hp at the crank shaft.

Can you imagine how impossible it would be to launch this thing on 3.73 final drive gears? 4.10 drag setup w/stock tires, forget about it.

At 3.5s to sixty mph, I would love to see Ford source a ZF dual-clutch transmission. I estimate a 3.2s to 60 and low 11s in the quarter with that setup. Slap some extreme summer tires on them and even better.!

This engine makes 711hp at the crank shaft.

Can you imagine how impossible it would be to launch this thing on 3.73 final drive gears? 4.10 drag setup w/stock tires, forget about it.

At 3.5s to sixty mph, I would love to see Ford source a ZF dual-clutch transmission. I estimate a 3.2s to 60 and low 11s in the quarter with that setup. Slap some extreme summer tires on them and even better.!

you'll have to explain that one to me Keith, :headscratch: since 1st gear is reached without changing gears.....