MyFord Touch is Still Not Right for 2013

What about the vast majority of MFT owners who aren't having problems and would recommend vehicles with MFT? Or the ones who are looking at Fords simply because of MFT? Do you just say "screw them" because you have a unit with a problem?

Ignore us. We're obviosuly just corporate schills.

• Like 1

I say just live with it. My non MFT SYNC system has documented problems that have never been fixed and although Ford admits there is a problem with that software build they have never updated it. I have just learned to pull a fuse when it messes up. I guess as long as a fuse pull fixes it it's good enough. I have long hoped there would be a software update, but after 20 months with no update or a fix in sight it looks like that generation has been abandoned.

Edited by 2005Explorer

I say just live with it. My non MFT SYNC system has documented problems that have never been fixed and although Ford admits there is a problem with that software build they have never updated it. I have just learned to pull a fuse when it messes up. I guess as long as a fuse pull fixes it it's good enough. I have long hoped there would be a software update, but after 20 months with no update or a fix in sight it looks like that generation has been abandoned.

:rolleyes:

What problems are you having? I haven't had any annoying issues with the GF's 2010 Escape...heck iOS6 seems like it fixed the dock connector vs Sync bluetooth minor problem I was having.

• 3 weeks later...

I just leased a new 2013 Escape a couple weeks ago, and have had the same clock issues. Every few days, I notice it's slow by 20 mins or so. very disappointing! I chatted with a Ford Rep online and this is what she said: "We're aware of the clock issues, and it will be corrected in the form of a software update. We do not have an ETA for the software release."

It was kind of shocking to me that they don't have an ETA on this issue, when it's been apparent for over a year at least :(

• Like 1

I just leased a new 2013 Escape a couple weeks ago, and have had the same clock issues. Every few days, I notice it's slow by 20 mins or so. very disappointing! I chatted with a Ford Rep online and this is what she said: "We're aware of the clock issues, and it will be corrected in the form of a software update. We do not have an ETA for the software release."

It was kind of shocking to me that they don't have an ETA on this issue, when it's been apparent for over a year at least :(

What would be shocking is if they weren't aware of it. Not having an ETA on a release date is no surprise at all. Patches are released when they are ready, not when the schedule says they should be.

• Like 1

What would be shocking is if they weren't aware of it. Not having an ETA on a release date is no surprise at all. Patches are released when they are ready, not when the schedule says they should be.

No, you are right Nick. We shouldn't expect something as simple as a clock to function correctly after almost 3 years and 3.2.2 worth of revisions. :nonono: You know something that was mastered decades ago in the simplest and cheapest of electronic devices.

No ETA means they don't have a clue what they are doing nor when it will be fixed.

The system needs less apologies and more doing.

Edited by svtenthusiast
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

MFT froze up on me early this morning, 2am, as I was leaving work. I have less than 10 minutes to get home, so I really missed using my heated seats as it was 24 degrees. This morning I started and moved the 2013 Explorer to the front of my driveway to unload a few things, shut it down, and then an hour later went down the street for about a mile to pick up a couple of things. When I left the store, the rear view camera was operating normally and the whole system seemed to be operating normally again. Has anyone heard of this condition where the system resets after 3 or 4 on/off cycles?

I have a '10 Mustang Gt with the navigation/electronics package. While it is not fancy like MFT it works fine. The SYNC in my '11 F150 connects with my phone about 80% of the time. No bigger as I don't talk on the phone much while driving. I will be getting a '13 C-Max in a few days. Unfortunitely it will have MFT. Hopefully it will be trouble free, but as I heard little good about it I will have to wait and see. I agree software needs updates mostly for reliablity. If after the basic application has been out on the market for ver a year the basics should work. In al of the car reliability ratings I see Ford is significantly lowered because of SYNC/MFT. This means sales will be lower and that is what FOMOCO cares about.

I have a '10 Mustang Gt with the navigation/electronics package. While it is not fancy like MFT it works fine. The SYNC in my '11 F150 connects with my phone about 80% of the time. No bigger as I don't talk on the phone much while driving. I will be getting a '13 C-Max in a few days. Unfortunitely it will have MFT. Hopefully it will be trouble free, but as I heard little good about it I will have to wait and see. I agree software needs updates mostly for reliablity. If after the basic application has been out on the market for ver a year the basics should work. In al of the car reliability ratings I see Ford is significantly lowered because of SYNC/MFT. This means sales will be lower and that is what FOMOCO cares about.

The Clarion/Xanavi unit in your Mustang is excellent - it has consistently been among the most satisfying OE nav & infotainment systems according to J.D. Power. Ford continues to use it in the Mustang.

It will indeed be a 'wait and see' game whether the MFT system in your new C-Max turns out to be reliable, though there's little reason to be optimistic as this thread suggests. From a design and usability standpoint, you'll almost certainly find MFT to represent several steps back compared to your Mustang's system.

Best wishes

• Like 1

Just to let everyone know, a new My Touch update has been released again just last week. It will require a new SD card for vehicles with navigation. Ford has us updating all stock units before sale. However, for customers there is a TSB to refer to. The TSB does not give a lot of information about all the fixes, but I do know that some navigation screens and pairing screens have changed.

I have been dealing with Dont Touch complaints since it came out, and so far after the last two updates, it is working the best ever. Complaints are reduced and people are learning the system. I recommend getting the update.

Just to let everyone know, a new My Touch update has been released again just last week. It will require a new SD card for vehicles with navigation. Ford has us updating all stock units before sale. However, for customers there is a TSB to refer to. The TSB does not give a lot of information about all the fixes, but I do know that some navigation screens and pairing screens have changed.

I have been dealing with Dont Touch complaints since it came out, and so far after the last two updates, it is working the best ever. Complaints are reduced and people are learning the system. I recommend getting the update.

Hello Fordtech1,

Do you know how I can get the updated SD card and look at the TSB?

Edited by johnson