What will Ford of Europe's Big Announcement be?

4. It must go through a name change. I think EcoSport sounds incredibly cheap and tacky. I know if has been very successful in South America and bravo to Ford of Brazil. But I think in order for it to be taken seriously in North America it needs a new name..."Faction" pehaps?

No worse then C-Max.

Well, actually... that strengthens your point.

Then you can have a spare or AWD, but not both. Take your pick.

I'll take AWD and the spare hanging off the back, thanks. Not having a spare tire is just flat-out stupid, IMNSHO; I've had to change too many flats caused by a perfectly good tire picking up a nail/screw to go anywhere without a good spare tire.

Edited by SoonerLS

I'll take AWD and the spare hanging off the back, thanks. Not having a spare tire is just flat-out stupid, IMNSHO; I've had to change too many flats caused by a perfectly good tire picking up a nail/screw to go anywhere without a good spare tire.

Agreed! I see no issue with the spare on the back. Had one on my Bronco II, and I would much rather have it there than taking up the very limited cargo space.

Then you can have a spare or AWD, but not both. Take your pick.

that actually sounds sorta OK to me

the AWD would look more 'truckish'

I don't like the C-Max name either, especially since it isn't surrounded by its big and little brothers like it is in Europe. But I truly think EcoSport would not fly here.

my friend Syr74 on another site made this list

which sounds quite workable imho (with the exception on the "Galaxy" name - think I'd prefer "F-Max" as a Flex replacement, longer than a euro-Galaxy too)

B-..........Ka

B3..........Fiesta.........B Max.........EcoSport

C3..........Focus.........C Max..........Escape

CD4........Fusion.........S Max.........Edge

CD+.......Taurus.........Galaxy.........Explorer

You're exactly right, 2B2....but I LOVE the Galaxy name...especially for an MPV/Minivan. I wish they would turn the next-gen Galaxy into a North American-style minivan and make its primary market the US-Canada and China while still offering it in Europe where they would still have the S-Max.

If the EcoSport sold here it won't have the back tire and will be AWD - will be sold with no spare tire. I like the name.

Also I love the Headlights on the Mondeo with the LED DRL's lights very Jaguar, and like the new Escape (though the Escape looks more MB). Hopefully those make it over here as an option - even more tech looking for the car plus the LED DRLs on the Escape give it an aggressive stance when its coming toward you. I really hope Ford is smart and launches the Wagon here. I really think it would be good for 20K units a year, and those customers are not currently Ford customers.

I also wonder what the Fusion would have looked like if Ford had not sold Jaguar, I can't get over how much it looks like one - would have made a great entry level Jaguar.

New Edge will be 2014MY, That is Ford's bargaining chip with the CAW, give us concessions and we'll give you new world product, also have heard they are considering Explorer production as Exports to Oakville as they can bypass a lot of import duties being built in Canada and giving the CAW more product for its plant. Worse case is If they don't come to reality I can see the 2014 Edge showing up at Flat Rock, Flex being discontinued after its run and Oakville shut.

I also wonder what the Fusion would have looked like if Ford had not sold Jaguar, I can't get over how much it looks like one - would have made a great entry level Jaguar.

It already was:

Jaguar-x-type-for-sale.jpg

Though that was off the second gen Mondeo, which was related to the Contour/Mondeo.

Interesting that Europe gets both the B-Max and EcoSport. Chevy actually has the perfect opportunity to nail this market in the US with the Chevy Trax, which is very much suitable to the US market (since it's going to Buick afterall). The EcoSport, as appealing as it is, is not everything it needs to be for the US market. It's too bad Ford never took the opportunity to develop EcoSport with NA in mind because I have no doubt it would be a segment busting success assuming pricing and fuel economy scale favorably next to the Escape.

It already was:

Jaguar-x-type-for-sale.jpg

Though that was off the second gen Mondeo, which was related to the Contour/Mondeo.

That POS was based of the then Mondeo/Contour

I meant the current new entry level Jag which they don't have. I see new Fusions on the road everyday and it has presence.