MKZ Build Date

yeah i have tried the "my media" in past, and the search does not return any results. What are you suppose to search for a file name? location? I assumed this function wasnt operational and there was another way to upload...I have a few pics of a couple pre-production models that were displayed at WHQ i wanted to share, but wasnt able too when I attempted some time back

Edited by markd4864

yeah i have tried the "my media" in past, and the search does not return any results. What are you suppose to search for a file name? location? I assumed this function wasnt operational and there was another way to upload...I have a few pics of a couple pre-production models that were displayed at WHQ i wanted to share, but wasnt able too when I attempted some time back

ah nevermind, I thought it was that. You might have to link the picture from another file sharing site. It's different here.

Congratulations, Mark, it's starting. :-)

The asterisk is a puzzle. I just looked at all the window stickers for MKZs in transit to the two main dealerships in this area. Whether it says Dealer Ordered or not, and no matter what the build date, they all have that footnote about the maintenance not being included when using a pin code. It'll be interesting to hear what my Sales Rep finds out tomorrow.

Edited by Dedonut

My window sticker doesn't have an asterik next to the maintenance plan. Interesting...I'm A-plan too. I wonder if they changed policies (my sticker was generated a month or longer ago). On another note. My car is here! Picking up later tonight.I'll be sure to post pics...that is, if I can figure out how to upload images. Anyone know how to attach an image?

Finally someone with a MKZ and what better person to get it first. Thanks for all your help and now go enjoy, after you load pics for us though... :rockon:

Upload them to photobucket.com and then send us a link

Hey SGT, I think you missed it on your window sticker, I just pulled your sticker up and it has it. Where you are looking is on the right hand side about 3/4 of the way down the page. You will see a little number 1 next to the Lincoln Commitment Owner benefit package. If you look below that to see what the little 1 references it says excluded for buyers using a FIN code

You're right, Tanner, it says FIN code, not PIN code. I hadn't enlarged the page and I assumed it said PIN (as in Pin #). Hmmm, wonder what FIN code is? Just sent the correction to my Sales Rep.

Wonder how mark is doing? Lucky guy. :-)

Edited by Dedonut

You're right, Tanner, it says FIN code, not PIN code. I hadn't enlarged the page and I assumed it said PIN (as in Pin #). Hmmm, wonder what FIN code is? Just sent the correction to my Sales Rep.

He's probably out enjoying his car, guess he won't be on for a couple of days lol . I was looking forward to living vicariously through his pix til we get ours. I am still curious why I have the same build week as the majority but 2 weeks longer on the eta.

Edited by Serraph

Fleet Identification Number. That explains it - you don't get that with fleet orders.

Fleet Identification Number. That explains it - you don't get that with fleet orders.

Ah cool, I called my dealer on this item, but did not get a call back yet. This is so funny, we are all sitting around talking about Mark!!!

Mark come on man, stop driving the car around in your PJ's and give us some pictures!!!

Ah cool, I called my dealer on this item, but did not get a call back yet. This is so funny, we are all sitting around talking about Mark!!!

Mark come on man, stop driving the car around in your PJ's and give us some pictures!!!

lol yeah, like I said he won't be on for a while. It's like Christmas day for him.

Here it is!!!

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u562/markd4864/Troy-20130204-00023_zps2ae18ad3.jpg

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u562/markd4864/Troy-20130204-00022_zps9c075a6b.jpg

I snapped those quickly after going through the Sync demonstration, which took for ever!! i would have snapped more, but my fiance was getting impatient haha. I'll post my thoughts on the hybird in the coming weeks!

Edited by markd4864

Here it is!!!

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u562/markd4864/Troy-20130204-00023_zps2ae18ad3.jpg

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u562/markd4864/Troy-20130204-00022_zps9c075a6b.jpg

I snapped those quickly after going through the Sync demonstration, which took for ever!! i would have snapped more, but my fiance was getting impatient haha. I'll post my thoughts on the hybird in the coming weeks!

Dude so happy for you the car looks great!!!!

Beautiful, Mark, we're happy for you. LOL, did you see Tanner's comment last night to you? :-)

And I agree about the wheels. I'm concerned about the black wheels that I can get and what they'll look like with the white car.

I'm tracking my Dealer's inventory to see when mine shows up there as in-transit. It's in Hermosillo, built Jan. 31.

Edited by Dedonut

I forwarded it to my Sales Rep. She said she can't believe that I get information before she does. What this doesn't take into account is the people who had to hang on to their own cars for longer and have lost/are losing money through KBB and Edmunds market value down grades.

Here it is!!!

Grats, things are looking brighter for the rest of us already.

Did you guys see this? Doesn't help my loss of trade value though, and I don't trust the dealer to handle this correctly.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130204/RETAIL07/302049933/lincoln-to-pay-dealers-for-mkz-delays#axzz2Ju7OuDZV

Yes. I think it's something you need to ask your dealer and present your case and hope they give you something fair. I'm still waiting on the rumored $100 visa card.

gman - You've said a couple of times you don't trust the dealer. Are you sure you should be dealing with them? It's a long relationship including the service. That being said, I leased the 2011 from one dealership, didn't like them, and had all my service done at another and that's the one I'm now working with on this next car. The lease ys return the car to the place you leased it from unless you've moved 75 miles away. Truth is, you can turn it to any Lincoln Dealer who'll agree to do the paperwork.

kirby - I bet you know the answer to this. I'm checking my Dealership's inventory to see when mine shows up as 'in transit'. They have 11 MKZs coming, 8 ight say 'Dealer ordered', 3 don't. What's the difference? Are the 3 some kind of allocation that they didn't specifically order?

Edited by Dedonut