MKZ Build Date

gman - You've said a couple of times you don't trust the dealer. Are you sure you should be dealing with them? It's a long relationship including the service. That being said, I leased the 2011 from one dealership, didn't like them, and had all my service done at another and that's the one I'm now working with on this next car. The lease ys return the car to the place you leased it from unless you've moved 75 miles away. Truth is, you can turn it to any Lincoln Dealer who'll agree to do the paperwork.

kirby - I bet you know the answer to this. I'm checking my Dealership's inventory to see when mine shows up as 'in transit'. They have 11 MKZs coming, 8 ight say 'Dealer ordered', 3 don't. What's the difference? Are the 3 some kind of allocation that they didn't specifically order?

I think it means 3 are in transit and the other 8 are not yet.

What this doesn't take into account is the people who had to hang on to their own cars for longer and have lost/are losing money through KBB and Edmunds market value down grades.

You're also getting the use of the current car as it depreciates and you don't have to make payments on the new one yet. Even if it drops $500 in 3 months that's cheaper than renting a car. Especially if the trade-in is already paid for.

And I believe the dealer can use the cash to bump up your trade-in value or just as an added discount if they want to.

gman - You've said a couple of times you don't trust the dealer. Are you sure you should be dealing with them? It's a long relationship including the service. That being said, I leased the 2011 from one dealership, didn't like them, and had all my service done at another and that's the one I'm now working with on this next car. The lease ys return the car to the place you leased it from unless you've moved 75 miles away. Truth is, you can turn it to any Lincoln Dealer who'll agree to do the paperwork.

I didn't mean it like that. My dealer is as much in the dark as I am. They actually stepped up ahead of Lincoln and exchanged my "recalled" Escape for one that didn't have the bad engine.

You're also getting the use of the current car as it depreciates and you don't have to make payments on the new one yet. Even if it drops $500 in 3 months that's cheaper than renting a car. Especially if the trade-in is already paid for.

And I believe the dealer can use the cash to bump up your trade-in value or just as an added discount if they want to.

My sales person also thinks this might be the case. I hope so. This delay is really killing them on Lincoln sales in general.

Good. Will that be in place of incentives?

Re:

I think it means 3 are in transit and the other 8 are not yet.

You're answer helped. I went back and checked the Dealership inventory again. I know that at least 1 of the 3 with no notation is already here; it's the one we test drove. So could it be that what's been delivered has no notation and the 8 'Dealer ordered' are still in transit?

You're answer helped. I went back and checked the Dealership inventory again. I know that at least 1 of the 3 with no notation is already here; it's the one we test drove. So could it be that what's been delivered has no notation and the 8 'Dealer ordered' are still in transit?

At some point after the VIN is assigned it shows up as "dealer ordered". At some point after it ships the "dealer ordered" disappears. So it could still be in transit or it could have already been delivered and sitting on the lot. No way to tell from the website. That's just how Ford updates the dealer inventory.

Here it is!!!

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u562/markd4864/Troy-20130204-00023_zps2ae18ad3.jpg

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u562/markd4864/Troy-20130204-00022_zps9c075a6b.jpg

I snapped those quickly after going through the Sync demonstration, which took for ever!! i would have snapped more, but my fiance was getting impatient haha. I'll post my thoughts on the hybird in the coming weeks!

Mark ... huge congrats and it looks great. BTW, if you think your finace is impatient now, just wait til the ring is on. I've been dealing with that for 25 years.

I'm curious about why Etis still says 30-11-0002 on mine.

Etis says that on mine too. However my sticker says 2-1-13 which is apparently the date released to production, not the actual build date. I just got off the phone with Lincoln and she actually gave me an ETA to the dealership in Phoenix of 2/18 !!!!

I'm tempering my enthusiasm with the fact that my dealer/sales rep still claims to know basically nothing AND the fact that I'm still unsure of the whole Flat Rock diversion for QA regardless of the memo. I'll believe it when I see it.

Sometimes you can trade in your car early as long as a VIN has been assigned to a new car. I've done this in the past which allowed me to save payments and reduce the car sales tax. Balancing tax and profitability is the key when it comes to trading in or selling outright. For example, I just sold my 2011 Panamera today and the difference between trade in value and what I actually received was over $8K. If you can, always sell it outright as long as you profit over sales tax.

The site will be updated a couple of days after your car is actually built. The date 30/11/0002 is a generic date.

Truthfully I don't even waste my time with this site. Completely useless to me especially when you have folks on this forum with better and more accurate info.

Edited by SMSgt B

Etis says that on mine too. However my sticker says 2-1-13 which is apparently the date released to production, not the actual build date. I just got off the phone with Lincoln and she actually gave me an ETA to the dealership in Phoenix of 2/18 !!!!

I'm tempering my enthusiasm with the fact that my dealer/sales rep still claims to know basically nothing AND the fact that I'm still unsure of the whole Flat Rock diversion for QA regardless of the memo. I'll believe it when I see it.

Hey Tatonka, so I am in Phoenix too, and am getting my MKZ on the 18th as well. I have confirmed with Lincoln that our cars will be inspected in Hermasillo and then shipped to us. What dealership did you go through, we should totally meet and take some pictures of our cars.....

The deal with ETIS is that it is not updated until the car is actually built. So my car was sent to production on the 30th, but it will be built on the 7th of Feb. So I expect to be updated after the 7th for my car.

Hey Tatonka, so I am in Phoenix too, and am getting my MKZ on the 18th as well. I have confirmed with Lincoln that our cars will be inspected in Hermasillo and then shipped to us. What dealership did you go through, we should totally meet and take some pictures of our cars.....

The deal with ETIS is that it is not updated until the car is actually built. So my car was sent to production on the 30th, but it will be built on the 7th of Feb. So I expect to be updated after the 7th for my car.

My car was built Jan 31st. I was just curious about what it would say.

Tanner, what was your build date? Mine is staying in Hermosillo, too and will ship via El Paso and into CA. I don't have an anticipated delivery date yet.

My Sales Rep is always saying they don't know anything. And from the article posted this morning by xgman, it's true they don't hear anything much more than we do here … and sometimes not as much.

This is what a completed ETIS looks like

Primary Features Build Date: 08.01.2013 Vehicle Line: MKZ Body Style: 4 Door Saloon Series: Series 25 Engine: 2.0 4V DOHC PFI Gas/Electric Transmission: ECVT Auto Trans Power Split S/Wir Drive: LHD FWD Axle Ratio: 2.56 Final Drive Ratio Emission: 50 State Emission Requirements Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C Paint: Bordeaux Reserve Metallic

This is just an example it is not mine, but that is what it will look like after your build date.

To your question my build date is Thursday the 7th.

Sounds great ! Would think that two of those baby's side by side would make a great pic. Especially after NOT seeing any up close and personal up to now.

I went through Fiesta Lincoln primarily due to location, Not realizing it before I went in to basically start the preorder process, It's definitely not the classiest lot in town.

Sounds great ! Would think that two of those baby's side by side would make a great pic. Especially after NOT seeing any up close and personal up to now.

I went through Fiesta Lincoln primarily due to location, Not realizing it before I went in to basically start the preorder process, It's definitely not the classiest lot in town.

Sounds like a plan, lets stay in touch I went through Sanderson. Now I will let you know mine is the Bordeaux color, so your car may get lost in all my car's glory, but we can probably touch up the photo!! ROFL

When I was last in to the Dealership, my Sales Rep read me something from Ford while she was on-line about X-Plan not applying to the MKZ. I just got this from her.

"Another update. When you were in last I checked and Ford had said no X plan on the MKZ so I was a little concerned. It looks like they are lifting that and we will have adjusted invoices to show X plan. A relief for me! :) Thinking another week as here is what I read:

The AXZD-Plans Commission amounts in VINCENT will be accurate once the vehicle is gate released, which is 3 - 7 days after the invoice has been prepped."

Needless to say, I was a little concerned, too.

Kirby: Can you interpret this 'Ford speak' for us? :-)

When I was last in to the Dealership, my Sales Rep read me something from Ford while she was on-line about X-Plan not applying to the MKZ. I just got this from her.

"Another update. When you were in last I checked and Ford had said no X plan on the MKZ so I was a little concerned. It looks like they are lifting that and we will have adjusted invoices to show X plan. A relief for me! :) Thinking another week as here is what I read:

The AXZD-Plans Commission amounts in VINCENT will be accurate once the vehicle is gate released, which is 3 - 7 days after the invoice has been prepped."

Needless to say, I was a little concerned, too.

Kirby: Can you interpret this 'Ford speak' for us? :-)

Not sure what gate release is, but the Commission in VINCENT appears to be the spiff check that the dealer receives for each plan sale (about $400 for X plan).

I don't know why your salesperson thought the MKZ was not x plan eligible. It was never in the "not allowed" list nor should it have been.

I got mine from the Sales Rep who updated me saying Build to Day was Jan 31. Then, when I was able to access the window sticker, the date was at the bottom, below MSRP and Special Order

That is the date it is sent to production, not necessarily the build date. I think the build dates for all of us this week will be the 7th, 9th and maybe 11th if I remember correctly.

Not sure what they're doing vs. what they're saying. This was the most recent email I got from my Sales Rep, showing a history. However, the car was actually produced, and the window sticker generated, on Jan. 31st. My understanding, which may not be correct, is that the build date is on the window sticker and that the sticker isn't generated until it is built. Kirby will know more about that than I do. Now I'm hoping that Feb-25-2013 is estimated delivery date.

In Production Sent to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-31-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Feb-08-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-25-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Feb-04-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-25-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Feb-08-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-18-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Feb-04-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-18-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Feb-08-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-12-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Feb-04-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-12-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Feb-08-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-11-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Feb-04-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-03-2013, 12:04 EST *Feb-25-2013
In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean Nov-19-2012, 19:43 EST

Edited by Dedonut