Any guesses for the first 2013 Fusion review?

MineralstangGT

I wonder what will be the best way to clean that screen? lol Have the same problem with my Nook. Really can't be helped.

A small spray bottle with a tiny drop of dishwashing liquid mixed with water. A quick spray on the screen (or just on the cloth if you don't want to spray it on the screen), then wipe with a very fine micro fiber cloth. We use it on eye glasses, iPods, cell phones, tablets, TVs, etc. and it works great!

I wonder what will be the best way to clean that screen? lol Have the same problem with my Nook. Really can't be helped.

Not get the touchscreen comes to mind. ;) I think they are a distraction in a car as you have to take your eyes off the road to look at the screen - no different than looking at a text message - and cost way too much to justify the additional features they offer. I like Sync and the voice commands are nice, but I really think Ford missed a great opportunity to make money on people like myself that want the high-end stereo without the touchscreen when they did away with the Moon & Tune package from the previous model. Oh, and not offering the back-up camera in the rearview mirror is a mistake too. I'd pay an additional $300-400 in a base-model for auto-dimming mirror with a back-up camera, but not the $1000+ for one where I have to look at the dash.

Moving on... (sorry for the rant)... I'm a big fan of the new Fusion, but looks like I'll be getting a used Focus SE hatch for now. The price is right and it'll let me wait to see if Ford takes a hint and brings the wagon, hatch, or an ST model to market in the U.S. :)

I'd pay an additional $300-400 in a base-model for auto-dimming mirror with a back-up camera, but not the $1000+ for one where I have to look at the dash.

Ford took a weighted risk and it seems to be paying off just fine. They can't offer every configuration for every customer or they'd never make any money.

Here's a brief look at the 2nd gen MFT system in a 2013 Fusion Hybrid - It doesn't look as bad as most reviewers are stating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97MS4yYC-ps

Concerning the Wi-Fi hotspot feature. Does that mean that the car will have it's on Wi-Fi connection, and your smartphone can connect to it, and not use any data? Or does that mean the car will connect using your phone's data plan? These may be a dumb questions, but I am not that technology savvy. If the car had its own Wi-Fi, that would be awesome, and could easily sway me to get the Technology package.

If you had a USB wifi stick you could plug it in one of the USB ports and it will give your car a wifi connection. You will however need to get a data plan from a cellphone company. The other thing is if your smartphone is capable you can use the built in wifi access point on the phone to share with the MFT so that the MFT will manage the mobile hot spot for you. One thing I'm not sure about is bluetooth Internet sharing. In theory it should work too and my Samsung Galaxy Nexus supports it. But it if works then you can connect with that option too.

Thanks for the information. Pretty much what you are saying is that whenever the MFT is using Wi-Fi, it is using the data from my smartphone? My phone is capable to be a mobile hotspot. Too bad that the car couldn't have its own Wi-Fi connection lol.

You can if you had a USB internet stick. Your never going to get free internet, you have to pay for it somewhere. I myself am thinking about getting a USB stick and adding it to my monthly data plan. I'm not sure if I want to do that yet, but will make a decision after I get the car.

TO BE SURE YOU ALL ARE ON THE SAME PAGE WITH THE 2013 FORD FUSIONS WIFI-CAPABILITIES...There are three modes of connectivity and each of these modes will give the car Internet access to download apps and do what it needs to..AND as an added benefit...allow the car to create a unique hotspot for anyone in the car to share with:

1. Connect vs. Wi-Fi. This is simple...basically the car is its own Wi-Fi receiver this means that the car will scan and find any nearby hotspots and show them on screen as any portable device will and attempt to connect to it. If it is password protected you will need to supply it. A USB dongle or receiver is NOT required for this. That means (A) if you are in the garage or at some hotel that has wi-fi you can connect it it easily and effortlessly without any equipment. This ALSO means if you use your phone and its mobile hotspot feature to create a Wi-Fi hotspot then you can have the car connect to that...this skips having to connect the phone via USB to use the phones internet..but is essentially the same thing..just allows you to connect to the phone wirelessly.

2. Connect via. Cell Towers or Cell Networks. This is as it sounds as well. You are connecting to the internet using a cellular network and NOT an already existing wi-fi connection. To do this you will need a phone that allows you to tether its connection via USB cable OR a standalone USB adapter for your various cellular carrier...for example Verizon sells standalone USB dongles for their data only plans for computers to use. You will need a mobile plan that allows internet sharing to devices for this to work..or a jailbroken phone...or a USB cable/dongle and properly set up cell phone.

3. Connect via. Wireless data Modems. This is similar to #2 but fundamentally different. You are using a cellular network as #2 for your internet connection BUT that network may or may not be offered by your traditional cell phone providers (i.e. Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile). Instead its offered by a standalone corporation that that is in business to "sell wireless data". Usually businesses have these types of contracts and they include modems that allow your devices or computer to access their network and use the internet for a monthly or yearly fee. It is similar to #2 as you'll have equipment to plug into the car in order to access the wireless broadband..it's different from #1 because this wireless broadband is cellular so it's in many places and areas unlike a hotspot which is limited range next to the router's location. This connection method is less common and most people may not be using this method and instead will use #1 and #2...consider this a business-scale cell network...you're purchasing internet not from a cell phone provider but a cellular data provider

That's about it. You will be able to prioritize connections though so in certain locations the car will connect to the "better" network depending on signal OR the network you chose to use at a specific location if more than one choice is available to the vehicle. In the video posted above...he said the car connecting to a wireless hotspot created by the car is redundant because you can just connect to the wireless hotspot on the phone itself..why use the car's hotspot and connect to that if you were a passenger...HE IS WRONG. IT'S NOT REDUNDANT...in fact if you created a hotspot using your phone...maybe you dont want people to connect to your phone...maybe you dont want to exchange that kind of information and only want people connecting to wifi when they are IN your car that way you know its temporary....maybe the car creates a better overall signal since its built in router is more powerful. ..maybe even the car has better settings to control than your phone does...so there are plenty of valid reasons why one would one passengers to connect to the car's hotspot regardless of the phone having its own hotspot in the car as well. ALSO...regardless of who you are sharing your internet with..the car needs internet itself to have certain data-requiring features to work..so even if the only way you can share internet with the car is by creating a wireless hotspot on your phone...you have no choice but to connect the car to it so the car has internet...and once that happens...you might as well just use the car's hotspot so you can control which devices are connected to it and the wireless settings via the car itself and the touch screen instead of needing to use the phone while driving...

oh and p.s. bluetooth wireless is supposed by the car so you can share internet via the cell phone through bluetooth...that is a feature usually built into certain phone apps that allow you to do that so fits in #2.

The Passat is an appliance and doesn't deserve the ranking it got. The Fusion's base center stack is fairly easy to use (I've sat in one and played with it) and with Sync, pretty much a pointless discussion. The Camry interior is fairly nice, and the SE is pretty capable. The Honda is the perfect family sedan for someone with two teen boys and no desire for performance, personality, or a mini-van SUV. Haven't seen the Chevy, but the interior looks great compared to earlier offerings. The new Altima looks nice and the base seats are wonderful. The velour finish on everything is soft, but you gotta wonder if it'll hold up. At least it doesn't sound like a tin-can anymore.

Overall, my vote goes for the Fusion as the driver's sedan and Accord for the family hauler. Everything else is a toss up, but Passat comes in last. They are a full step back from the last model as far as looks and performance go, IMO, and reliability is still too suspect for me.

Ah I knew I would find the video. Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw0BjzQ28Oc

The very last car (white) is definitely the SE model, you can see the badge on the back and it has dual exhaust. Hopefully this answers some questions. :dance:

No. It's not an SE at all...You can tell for one specific cue I was looking for (I've become a master at telling Fusions apart) ...That last car is a Titanium...for one...it's been confirmed only the titanium gets dual exhaust..and that actually makes sense seeing its the "Titanium"..even the inside has more chrome than the SE Hybrid. But also ...if you look at the lining of the outside windows you see the Chrome strip completely surround the windows top and bottom..... that is a feature exclusive only to the titanium and the SE hybrid currently. A normal SE ONLY GETS CHROME TRIM ON THE BOTTOM OF THE WINDOWS...IT DOES NOT COMPLETE A FULL CIRCLE AROUND THE WINDOWS...so if you're seeing dual exhaust and a full circle of chrome trim around the windows...its a titanium.

No. It's not an SE at all...You can tell for one specific cue I was looking for (I've become a master at telling Fusions apart) ...That last car is a Titanium...for one...it's been confirmed only the titanium gets dual exhaust..and that actually makes sense seeing its the "Titanium"..even the inside has more chrome than the SE Hybrid. But also ...if you look at the lining of the outside windows you see the Chrome strip completely surround the windows top and bottom..... that is a feature exclusive only to the titanium and the SE hybrid currently. A normal SE ONLY GETS CHROME TRIM ON THE BOTTOM OF THE WINDOWS...IT DOES NOT COMPLETE A FULL CIRCLE AROUND THE WINDOWS...so if you're seeing dual exhaust and a full circle of chrome trim around the windows...its a titanium.

Agree with your comment. But the video clearly shows an SE badge on the back of the car; hence, the confusion i think.

I still think that if you get the SE with a 2.0L and AWD you get the dual exhaust. This is straight from the Ford.com website. I circled the line that confirms this.

post-48501-0-53874500-1349291819_thumb.jpg

Edited by JSKershaw

I still think that if you get the SE with a 2.0L and AWD you get the dual exhaust. This is straight from the Ford.com website. I circled the line that confirms this.

The website is wrong. Simple as that. They had an error on the configurator for the radio for the hybrid and I told them about it and their web team cleared up the confusion on the configurator by rewording the features around the radio. Mistakes happen but that should not say optional because it is not optional...just like getting AWD on anything except a Titanium isn't optional. If you want dual exhaust or AWD you need the titanium...there are no configurations that you can make on the configurator or at a dealership that will get you dual exhaust.

If you want dual exhaust or AWD you need the titanium...

This is where you're wrong. Here in Canada you CAN get the SE with a 2.0L AWD. Check out www.ford.ca and see for yourself it's clear as day!

I don't see it being any different in the USA

Edited by JSKershaw

I don't see it being any different in the USA

It is different in the USA. You cannot get AWD on a SE - it's only on the Titanium. There are always content and option differences between the U.S. and Canada.

Canadians usually get heated seats available on cloth seats but that's usually not an option in the US.

It is different in the USA. You cannot get AWD on a SE - it's only on the Titanium. There are always content and option differences between the U.S. and Canada.

Canadians usually get heated seats available on cloth seats but that's usually not an option in the US.

I guess they give us the AWD for our winters, LOL :dance:

That being said then the AWD "Canadian" version might come with the dual exhaust.

Edited by JSKershaw