Why no HID option?

Camride

I wonder if there will be any way to order these either through Ford or a third party. Would really like to install them at some point if not too outrageous a price.

I highly doubt it..in the end it's a feature not offered on American cars so even if you were to buy it from some import place (legally? illegally?) it doesn't have the amber turn lights required for American driving. I like the look of the mondeo lights as well..that and advanced park assist are probably my favorite features on the upcoming mondeo...the panoramic roof i could live without..im fine with a normal moonroof.

The LED headlamps ARE being offered on the 2013 MKZ. I doubt they'd be plug-n-play but they might be fittable.

when I said a feature not offered on American cars I specifically meant the 2013 Fusion versus the 2013 Mondeo since that was our topic.

Also, the MKZ lights look nothing like the Fusions and arent as streamlined...you'd be just as fortunate finding an after-market solution..at least then you'll get WAY more choices on how your lights will look versus it looking like an MKZ.

Edited by DarkeRetribution

when I said a feature not offered on American cars I specifically meant the 2013 Fusion versus the 2013 Mondeo since that was our topic.

Then you should have said not offered on the 2013 Fusion. American cars covers a wide range of vehicles. Just because the lenses are different doesn't mean the guts can't be adapted. Just offering options.

Yeah, now that I look at it again, it does kind of look like a reflection down there, It's hard to tell! One thing I do like on ours is the fog light surround is gloss, rather than the matte plastic

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/content/image/2/0/2013_ford_fusion_ford_mondeo_sema_01_1-1015-mc:1300x747.jpg

It looks like they are slit like. Looks awesome....how come Europeans get all the extra cool stuff?

Well I really don't care for the front end of the MKZ at all and would not buy the car just for that reason.Just wish they would offer it on the Fusion as it would not be that big a deal but guess I will be looking to the aftermarket for my HID's.

I agree. I think the MKZ is not that great looking. The interior is interesting, but the Fusion is a nicer looking vehicle IMO.

• Like 1

I was only pointing out that the Mondeo is closer in price (relatively speaking) to the MKZ which is why it gets some of those more upscale features.

It would be nice if the Fusion also offered those as well but that's one way to distance Lincoln from Ford.

http://www.themotorr...mc:1300x747.jpg

It looks like they are slit like. Looks awesome....how come Europeans get all the extra cool stuff?

Firstly, that is a photoshopped image..the real vehicle may not look as "clean" as that..they is what they are going for at SEMA. Secondly, that is a customized American Ford fusion, NOT the European Ford Mondeo...the fog lights of the Mondeo is the same as the Fusion and are NOT LED lights.. Just a heads up before your mouth waters in jealousy...Anyone can customize their vehicles and the one shown in your picture is just one of the customizations a Fusion enthusiast came up with :) Does look nice though...those daytime running lights are sleek.

• 4 weeks later...

Someone posted this in another forum, I wonder if you could get by with the Mondeo lights since it has the amber turn signal's except no amber reflector. I honestly might take a chance and buy these when the car comes out, although they'll probably be super expensive, since the Focus HIDs are $1790 =/. I'd totally get them if they were $1000 each shipped though, then sell mine for around cost or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zl4EoeOyr4

Is the Fusion a 2 bulb system? If so, you can get a lot closer to HID light in an HIR bulb. Only problem is HIR bulbs are single beam only. That would be why one of the previous posters said going from his HID Aviator to Edge wasn't a big change. The newer Edges, I'm not sure how far back, are all HIR bulbs.