For those who ordered and have not received Fusion

Delnatha

I just ordered mine today and I was told by the sales manager that Ford was verifying all the orders. He needed a copy of my driver's license. He also told me that the verification takes about 3 days and then the order starts to work its way through the system.

What is the average wait time to take delivery once car leaves the factory?

I'm in CT.

You're in the hands of the transport company now. The time can vary between a week and three weeks. Maybe even longer if they screw up that placement of your car on the train and it travels all over the country before they realize it and send it your way (but this is unlikely).

Below is the status that I saw posted in another thread, this update was from 22 October.

Awaiting Shipment - Returned from Offsite - 91-bn163 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Sep-26-2012, 13:42 MT.

So I wonder two things about the above status:

1 - Is it normal for a vehicle to be "awaiting shipment" for 4 weeks (between Sep 26 & Oct 22) and still not shipped? I can understand consolidating vehicles to ship as a group, but that's a bit much to hold it for 4 weeks, I would think.

2 - The status of "Returned from Offsite", is that a standard status, or something related to a vehicle that went somewhere else to get a quality issue worked out and then once corrected goes back into "awaiting shipment" status?

I don't know diddly about the process, am curious and hope that someone who is fluent in the process can shed some light...

good luck with the custom orders. Instead of customizing one, i bought one that the dealer order. I figured, its quicker this way. I already had a VIN and they had an original delivery date of September 10th. They said they were "waiting any day now". Of course we went along with the papers. That was the end of September. Its now the end of October and they still dont have ANY update for me.

If I were you I'd just look to see what cars the dealer has on order, you can check on the Ford website. I looked it up and changed my 2013 SE to a 2013 Titanium and got mine at the beginning of this month. I ordered my car initially August 26th and it was on hold due to Start-Stop and after I took that out my build date was set for Oct 25 with a delivery date of November 12th. After seeing all the cars getting delivered way after it said the delivery date I decided to look for one in transit and found my Red Titanium.

Also, anyone that ordered start-stop: that is a late availability option, I'm not sure when Ford is going to have these coming in (they might have the parts already), but when I ordered mine they put it on material hold and my dealer didn't tell me.

Another option that is low in qty is the 2.0L engine, I hear they have a limited amount of these engines for some reason, which is keeping the Titaniums at a low number. Personally I prefer the 2.0L engine over the 1.6L for one reason and that's because it has a timing chain while the 1.6 has a timing belt. As for the 1.6L models if they're delayed that could be due to the problems that the Escape had, but I'm pretty sure those problems are ironed out.

Regarding questions on "Returned from Offsite," that could be one of a few things. This is based off what I read, but it could be that after the car was produced one of the panels or parts did not fit well in the car and it had to be taken to a third party to get a part fitted to it, or the car was taken to a warehouse/storage area to store before it got shipped out. The second part was true at least in September because Ford had all produced models on hold while they waited for different testing data to come back (EPA, NHTSA, anything else regulatory I expect).

Overall you have two options:

go to the Ford website and check dealer inventory (any cars that have a VIN number and don't say Dealer Ordered are either at the dealership or on their way) and get a car close to what you ordered (any SE's with tech packages will likely have to upgrade to the Titanium, as most dealers are not ordering special SEs)

or

wait for your car. Don't believe 100% of what the status says. I've seen listings in the system that said "build date set to day, build date set to week, build date set to day" four or five times.

Ford must be overloaded with orders right now, so if you special order you will have to wait patiently. And if you're anything like I was, you don't want to wait, so see if you can get something the dealer has coming.

Good luck! I hope everyone doesn't have to wait too much longer, I know it was driving me crazy and I only waited for 6 weeks!

If I were you I'd just look to see what cars the dealer has on order, you can check on the Ford website.

By this do you mean going to Ford.com and using the "search dealer inventory" function? I don't have a lot of faith in that one, as my dealer shows 3 hybrid, two of which are 'dealer ordered' and one that does not have that annotation but was also sold two weeks ago and still listed on that Ford.com website since has long since been removed from the dealer's own website. Maybe this is a dealer reporting to Ford issue, who knows... but if there's a different site that can be checked other than the above, please let us know, thanks.

By this do you mean going to Ford.com and using the "search dealer inventory" function? I don't have a lot of faith in that one, as my dealer shows 3 hybrid, two of which are 'dealer ordered' and one that does not have that annotation but was also sold two weeks ago and still listed on that Ford.com website since has long since been removed from the dealer's own website. Maybe this is a dealer reporting to Ford issue, who knows... but if there's a different site that can be checked other than the above, please let us know, thanks.

I would recomend using the dealerconnection site to search inventories. You can search the dealer inventories much quicker than ford.com and it seems to be spot on regarding whether a vehicle is in stock. That is how I found my Fusion Hybrid. 2013 Fusion Hybrids still seem like they are still extremely limited in quantity (at least in NY/Philly corridor). On 10/15, One popped up as "in stock" during my daily check (took me about 10 minutes/day to search the nearest 30 dealers or so) that was exactly what I wanted so I called up the dealer who said, "yup, we got it in today", I drove over with my x-plan pin and bought it. Happy ever since.

http://content.dealerconnection.com/vfs/brands/us_ford_en.html

I stopped into my dealership this morning to see what was going on, and since my car has yet to get a VIN, I decided to add the Driver Assist package to my order. So I went in to do so, and we're looking over my order, and it turns out they had put in the Y-Spoke 19's instead of the H-Spoke. The Y-Spokes are on late availability, so no wonder such delay!! :/ I couldn't find where I put the order sheet, and the dealer kept assuring me everything was on track, so I just assumed everything was alright, until so much time passed, and I started to think that maybe the wheel option was wrongly selected. So, when I was in this morning I got the wheels switched around, and added the package. He's throwing in a complete detailing package for the spring to clean the car up after the winter, because he feels bad that I've waited so long. Which, honestly, really it hasn't been that bad, knowing that personal orders are just starting to be built/rolling out. But, now knowing nothing is on materials hold/late avail, shouldn't be long before my car is built. They've made numerous calls to head office to get priority's bumped up and things put on a rush, but there was nothing as far as when, other than it'll be built soon!, probably because of those damn wheels on late Avail.!

Too bad Ford couldn't use like Wheel Option 1, and 2 for those 19's. H-Spoke, Y-Spoke seems to get lost in translation over the phone.

So, with any luck, now with everything fixed, I should be on the right track! So note to everyone, make sure to go over your order sheet in detail with your dealer, don't get too excited like me and walk away assuming everything is good to go, without checking.

Edited by -Strike-
  • Like 1

I stopped into my dealership this morning to see what was going on, and since my car has yet to get a VIN, I decided to add the Driver Assist package to my order. So I went in to do so, and we're looking over my order, and it turns out they had put in the Y-Spoke 19's instead of the H-Spoke. The Y-Spokes are on late availability, so no wonder such delay!! :/ I couldn't find where I put the order sheet, and the dealer kept assuring me everything was on track, so I just assumed everything was alright, until so much time passed, and I started to think that maybe the wheel option was wrongly selected. So, when I was in this morning I got the wheels switched around, and added the package. He's throwing in a complete detailing package for the spring to clean the car up after the winter, because he feels bad that I've waited so long. Which, honestly, really it hasn't been that bad, knowing that personal orders are just starting to be built/rolling out. But, now knowing nothing is on materials hold/late avail, shouldn't be long before my car is built. They've made numerous calls to head office to get priority's bumped up and things put on a rush, but there was nothing as far as when, other than it'll be built soon!, probably because of those damn wheels on late Avail.!

Too bad Ford couldn't use like Wheel Option 1, and 2 for those 19's. H-Spoke, Y-Spoke seems to get lost in translation over the phone.

So, with any luck, now with everything fixed, I should be on the right track! So note to everyone, make sure to go over your order sheet in detail with your dealer, don't get too excited like me and walk away assuming everything is good to go, without checking.

That stinks that the wheel mixup was the reason for the delay, but glad you got it straightened out, and the dealer is working with you to make it up to you with the calls, and detail.

When I ordered mine last night, I scanned it over really closely and made sure of everything. luckily mine was relatively simple since I had 2 packages and the moonroof, that's it. The front license plate bracket was included on the sheet, and i made sure they wrote on it "do not install" when it comes in, along with no dealer advertising sticker.

• Like 2

I would recomend using the dealerconnection site to search inventories. You can search the dealer inventories much quicker than ford.com and it seems to be spot on regarding whether a vehicle is in stock. That is how I found my Fusion Hybrid. 2013 Fusion Hybrids still seem like they are still extremely limited in quantity (at least in NY/Philly corridor). On 10/15, One popped up as "in stock" during my daily check (took me about 10 minutes/day to search the nearest 30 dealers or so) that was exactly what I wanted so I called up the dealer who said, "yup, we got it in today", I drove over with my x-plan pin and bought it. Happy ever since. http://content.deale...us_ford_en.html

Thanks for the link, I looked up my dealer and that dark blue hybrid that was sold two weeks ago is not listed, but is still on the Ford site. I've bookmarked the site and will use that instead, thanks again!

Added: Looked on that site noted above and see 13 Fusion Hybrids inbound, looked up the build dates in Etis and they are all built with dates ranging from 8/22-10-24, but all are shown as built and only 2 of the 13 were built within the last week. So yes I know that normal transport takes a couple weeks but what about the ones built on 8/22 and 9/7, seems odd and makes me wonder about a QC or transport issue with Allied as an OP noted above. So the waiting game continues...

Edited by jeff_h

Yeah, I'm quite happy with my dealers, they're a great bunch of people, that I know are working hard for me. Luckily with them, they only put on the plate frame with logo, so no annoying decals to remove hah. Mine does have to have the front plate though :( It was automatically incl. on the order sheet too.

Yeah, I'm quite happy with my dealers, they're a great bunch of people, that I know are working hard for me. Luckily with them, they only put on the plate frame with logo, so no annoying decals to remove hah. Mine does have to have the front plate though :( It was automatically incl. on the order sheet too.

Some people are saying that the front license plate may be a dealer installed thing, if that's the case you should be able to tell them to just not install it when the car gets delivered. I managed to get my dealer to take it off the build completely because I told them I would not buy the car if it had a front license plate bracket on it.

Some people are saying that the front license plate may be a dealer installed thing, if that's the case you should be able to tell them to just not install it when the car gets delivered. I managed to get my dealer to take it off the build completely because I told them I would not buy the car if it had a front license plate bracket on it.

My salesman said that the front bracket is installed by the prep guys, and i told him i would have a fit if there were holes in my bumper from a bracket. No front bracket was wrote on my order sheet, and he said others have requested no bracket be installed too.