For those who ordered and have not received Fusion

Delnatha

I just thought I would create a space for those of us who have ordered but not received Fusions yet to post updates and vent.

I ordered my Fusion hybrid over 7 weeks ago on Aug. 28. My dealer was excited. He said I should get mine before the dealer orders started coming in. This morning I was updated in the other forum by cyberdman; still no VIN number or production date. Then I got a call from my dealership. "The salesman you worked with has left the company. I understand you want to order a Fusion." "No, I ordered a Fusion 7 weeks ago. Please find it for me."

I am trying to stay positive about this and for a month that was easy but it is getting more difficult. Should I cancel and place a new order with another dealership? What is going on? The MKZs are scheduled to start production next week. Will my order get pushed behind those since I imagine they are using the same resources.

I ordered August 29th and have had a vin and build date for some time now. My car was scheduled to be built October 15th, but apparently there is something holding up production of all Fusions right now. I wonder if your salesman set the priority wrong or just didn't enter te order correctly.

I just thought I would create a space for those of us who have ordered but not received Fusions yet to post updates and vent.

I ordered my Fusion hybrid over 7 weeks ago on Aug. 28. My dealer was excited. He said I should get mine before the dealer orders started coming in. This morning I was updated in the other forum by cyberdman; still no VIN number or production date. Then I got a call from my dealership. "The salesman you worked with has left the company. I understand you want to order a Fusion." "No, I ordered a Fusion 7 weeks ago. Please find it for me."

I am trying to stay positive about this and for a month that was easy but it is getting more difficult. Should I cancel and place a new order with another dealership? What is going on? The MKZs are scheduled to start production next week. Will my order get pushed behind those since I imagine they are using the same resources.

That's a tough pill to swallow! How can they not know that you ordered a car? Did you place a deposit on the car?

I placed my order back on August 18th. I was just updated today by Cyberdman that my car is in production. When I first ordered my car my dealership told me 10-12 weeks. That puts me right about the first week of November for delivery. So far it's looks like they were correct with the ETA. Hopefully by this time next week I should have an ETA on delivery!

I placed a down payment on mine last wednesday the 10th, I was told it was in Transit. The dealership said they weren't able to track it once it was in transit on the rail. Fingers crossed that it's coming in soon. Which is hilarious, cause I believe the build date was sometime in August.

The sales manager has been checking on it periodically. It was just the new salesman assigned to me who didn't get the memo. I placed a $1000 deposit at the time I made the order. The original priority was 10 but who knows now. It's a smaller dealership and I don't think they have any Fusions yet so that may be part of the problem. But you would think customer orders would be filled on a first come first serve basis. If I could go to another dealership and place a new order and get build information within a week or so that would be messed up..

I ordered and put a deposit in August 19. I called my salesman the other day, asking for ANYTHING, he says I have to come in and sign the order, and get (another) a copy of my drivers license. As near as I can tell, my order was dead in the water untill I asked about it. But it gave me an opportunity to change my color. Plus a bargaining chip to get a discount.

Ordered 5/25/12. Received VIN a couple of weeks ago. Label generated on 10/11/12. Still nothing in ETIS.

Would love to stumble on a manual in a dealer lot to test drive just for the heck of it. Looking forward to being able to drive a stick in a loaded car. Grew tired of the constant decontenting of vehicles offered with a manual transmission.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=3FA6P0HR0DR144510

I placed my order on 8/30. My sales guy told me to expect 8-12 weeks as he felt that Ford would be rather deliberate with the Fusion roll-out to avoid some of the hiccups they experienced with the Escape for example. I received my VIN on 10/4. My window sticker finally showed up online on 10/10. When I checked with cyberdman I got a build to week of 10/15 which matched what my sales guy told me. My latest check in with cyberdman gave me a build to date of 10/19. I'll find out next week if it in fact has been built. So tomorrow will be 7 weeks since I ordered but at least I have some hope that my car is actually in the pipeline.

• Like 1

I should be getting a VIN soon. I hope, but nothing this week. Mine was in the system as Retail-Sold with my name attached to it. And as of today, I still have no VIN/Build date or anything. By the looks of things, if I don't get a build date that's scheduled before the end of the month, I could be looking at as late as Dec. I'd imagine. Gotta include the 2~weeks for transport in there too. Kind of unfortunate, but it's just the way this Ford ordering system works. :/

But you would think customer orders would be filled on a first come first serve basis.

Not exactly. Retail orders get priority 10-19. Stock orders are 20-99. When the dealer is given allocation for, let's say, 5 Fusions, they start with the lowest priority and work up. If you are the only order with a priority of 10 then yours will be first. If there are 6 orders all with priority 10 then only the first 5 are built based on order date. If yours was ordered first but you were given a priority 19 and I ordered one 2 weeks later and I was given a priority 10, mine gets built first all else being equal.

So it's really up to the dealership to prioritize their orders using priority.

Ordered back in July. Eta oct 1st. Car taken by NHTSA crash tested. Ordered a second one on oct 9. Awaiting vin again.......

So NHTSA will take a vehicle at random, even a retail order, and crash test it? Dang at least use stock order for that... sorry about your delay.

I ordered mine on 10/10, back in 2009 I got my 2010 Fusion in 5½ weeks from the day I walked into the dealer/ordered to the day I took delivery, however based on these postings I think I'd be hallucinating to expect that again!

So NHTSA will take a vehicle at random, even a retail order, and crash test it?

Yep. They don't want any rules limiting what cars can or can't be selected because that would open the door for shenanigans. This way it's 100% random. Ford will get a new one built as soon as possible.

Don't feel so bad, I'm in the same boat, and I only assume we're not the only ones. I ordered Aug. 21st. And am still waiting. My dealer is at a loss for words too, the order is in, they bumped up the priority as much as they could to see if anything could get sped along, and made a bunch of phone calls, but as of today, still no word. And still no idea when things may get moving.

Don't feel so bad, I'm in the same boat, and I only assume we're not the only ones. I ordered Aug. 21st. And am still waiting. My dealer is at a loss for words too, the order is in, they bumped up the priority as much as they could to see if anything could get sped along, and made a bunch of phone calls, but as of today, still no word. And still no idea when things may get moving.

Are you sure your order was accepted and is being processed? There is another thread here somewhere that mentioned a retail order verification step, where the dealer places the order but then needs to send copy of driver's license of actual purchaser, I assume so John Doe doesn't magically order a bunch of "retail" orders that are really stock. There are others on here that know far more about the process and whether it still applies for this model, but I mentioned it to my sales manager and he said he would verify with his regional rep to make sure they carried out the process properly.

Are you sure your order was accepted and is being processed? There is another thread here somewhere that mentioned a retail order verification step, where the dealer places the order but then needs to send copy of driver's license of actual purchaser, I assume so John Doe doesn't magically order a bunch of "retail" orders that are really stock. There are others on here that know far more about the process and whether it still applies for this model, but I mentioned it to my sales manager and he said he would verify with his regional rep to make sure they carried out the process properly.

My dealer also said that customer order's have to be tied to a real person (ie. driver's license) else ford won't accept them due to the demand.