For those who ordered and have not received Fusion

Delnatha

When I ordered my car last week I was told six to 12 weeks, so that sounds about right. Actually hoping for a little extra time to save a little more money and get my Prius sold before I have to pay for the new car.

I'm in CA, so don't know if others will experience the same.

This was on another thread on this site, I hope it is only for the California emissions cars!

Edited by elle

I was surfing other sites and found this on ford fusion.com

Chuckokie36

"I ordered my 2013 Fusion 3 weeks ago, placed a deposit, and was told that it would be here in "2 - 3 weeks". Well, now it's 3 weeks later. No car. They now tell me that it is still sitting on a railcar loading ramp in Mexico waiting to be loaded. (That was the same story I was told 10 days ago). Today the dealer says that there has been a problem in finding enough railcars for transporting the cars, and there is a large backlog of thousands of Fusion cars for delivery to many dealers. So, basically, at this time they say they have no idea as to when my car will be delivered. Does anyone know if this is a true situation, or am I getting a BS story ?

Knowledgible responses welcome

Thanks "

My latest status from cyberdman states;

Awaiting Shipment - Origin Received - 44fut2 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Oct-24-2012, 20:27 MT.

Looks like I may be in that group of cars waiting for trains. My sales guy said it should ship by 11/5 so I guess I'll see what cyberdman has to say next week.

Ordered a Titanium August 30. Got my VIN 10/12 and window sticker 10/15, a couple of weeks after going through the verification process. Dealership said Tuesday, 10/30, that the car was built the week of 10/15, but hasn't yet shipped because it's awaiting a part, but still shows a delivery date of 11/5. Unless the part was there Tuesday and it shipped immediately, I don't think it will be delivered Monday. I've heard Titaniums are awaiting a piece of trim of some type. Have any of you heard of this?

Below is the status that I saw posted in another thread, this update was from 22 October.

Awaiting Shipment - Returned from Offsite - 91-bn163 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Sep-26-2012, 13:42 MT.

So I wonder two things about the above status:

1 - Is it normal for a vehicle to be "awaiting shipment" for 4 weeks (between Sep 26 & Oct 22) and still not shipped? I can understand consolidating vehicles to ship as a group, but that's a bit much to hold it for 4 weeks, I would think.

2 - The status of "Returned from Offsite", is that a standard status, or something related to a vehicle that went somewhere else to get a quality issue worked out and then once corrected goes back into "awaiting shipment" status?

I don't know diddly about the process, am curious and hope that someone who is fluent in the process can shed some light...

This particular vehicle you are referencing, was the 1.6 that I originally put my $500 down payment on. I was told in October that it was in transit, however cyberdman confirmed it was no longer in transit and had in fact been returned to Hermosillo. Luckily the dealership had a 2.0l with the same options at a lower asking price than the 1.6. Which is good because I was no longer interested in that 1.6, as I nor the dealership have any idea as to why it was returned.

This particular vehicle you are referencing, was the 1.6 that I originally put my $500 down payment on. I was told in October that it was in transit, however cyberdman confirmed it was no longer in transit and had in fact been returned to Hermosillo. Luckily the dealership had a 2.0l with the same options at a lower asking price than the 1.6. Which is good because I was no longer interested in that 1.6, as I nor the dealership have any idea as to why it was returned.

Exactly, as why would a vehicle be returned to the plant except for something too big/complicated for a dealer to handle? I watch all of the threads from cyberdman out of curiosity for the most part, but especially on any threads related to Fusions since I'm in the same boat. So when I see mention of moving to or from "offsite" that sounds odd unless it's a common thing in that business. Just makes me wonder if a lot of those vehicles have been found to have issues with component X and have to go through some secondary process to retrofit the fix? However the public would not see mention of that since it's not good for the vehicle's rep, but again I don't know the process and maybe this type of thing is fairly routine...

I agree jeff_h. We'll never know what was the cause of the delay. On the flip side, if there was an issue with something, then its great that they didnt just try releasing those cars and later having to fix them/or have problems down the road.

Does anyone know how to read the sticker information? There has to be a way to find out the order produced.. HRM-000XXXX Can we tell by that the earlier produced vehicles vs the later produced ones?

Hello Everyone.

• Today I was able to speak with a rep on Ford.com, and I was informed that due to the storm on the Eastern U.S. that some deliveries will be delayed. My Vehicle was originally scheduled to be delivered on November 26 2012, however it has been changed to "TBD" according to the rep. I am not sure how a car built in Mexico, with a desination of Colorado can be delayed due to a storm on the east coast. However I can't complain since there are millions of people without electrcity or the basics. I just hope ford isnt using the storm as an excuse to fix, something that they screwed up on.

post-48803-0-65339000-1351898144_thumb.png

Edited by Lateron

I hope it is lack of rail cars and not quality issues that is the hold up. But in reality it is the quality issues at the beginning of the program that could be causing the lack of rail cars. When you have thousands upon thousands of cars being shipped out as quickly as you can, you have to wait on those rail cars to get back to the plant to ship more cars.

Relax...My car was ordered August 28th...and the build date was October 29th...it happened to be built early on the 26th...schedule date of arrival is November 12th (or somewhere within that week)...now if you ordered your car after me then you're not getting it yet...and if you ordered it over a month after me then you're probably not getting it in November... It's 8-12 weeks people...10-12 if you're getting a hybrid. Any of you that think you can order this car one week and get it delivered to you in two have another thing coming to you...you wait the 2 and a half months most of us had to wait...if you were late to the ordering game then you'll hopefully be getting your car before this year ends. I feel your pain, but for the rest of us we have been waiting months for our vehicles and they are just now coming or about to...the rest of you have to wait like anyone else..So if you ordered in late september or october...then hope you get yours before christmas. It's not about quality, it's not about part hold ups, it's about the estimate time from ordering to delivery for this car and it's about 2 months and a half..possible one month and a half if you're ordering from a popular dealer with all the odds in your favor.

...That said I am passing up my hybrid se i waited two and a half months for and am ordering a hybrid titanium...i wont be seeing that until early 2013..january or february hopefully.

Next topic. Your dealer may be lazy in giving you information. Your dealer may even be lazy in looking up the information on your vehicle. If you want to verify there is no updated information on your new purchase then go to the source... Ford.com. If you call them OR chat with a representative online have your order number and dealer code ready. In some cases they will be able to tell you the information you want to know- even information your dealer may not have given you yet. Try that for a second opinion as it's free.

Edited by DarkeRetribution

Yeah, ordered mine Aug 21st, and it's slated finally for build on the 12'th after a mix up with the optional wheel choices. I could have had it sooner if it wasn't for the mistake, but even if it were built already, I bet you it'd be sitting, waiting anyways. I'm expecting a minimum of two weeks for transport if things go well and it's shipped out right away. But, I'm not holding my breath. I was told 8 weeks back when I ordered. It sounded good on paper, but that was back when Job 1 just began, so I knew it would be longer.

Right now I'm sitting at about 11 weeks in, and looking atleast another 4-5 weeks. It's such a long wait, but it'll be worth it. It sucks a bit that they're out there sitting on the lots for sale, and my retail order is slacking so far behind, but I do understand the whole retail vs. dealer stock, and getting some of these cars out on the lots first, and the retail orders coming after all the bugs are worked out, any call backs are done and such, and everything is good to go.

I'm not disapointed in any way, the cars are coming, and we'll all enjoy them. The only down side to the wait, is you start thinking about changing orders, which could add to your time.

• Like 2

I ordered (priority 10 - Z Plan) on 10/4. Got the VIN on 10/20. I received the document from the dealer on 10/28 that shows a build date for 11/12. ETIS shows 11/30 build date. I don't know why there would be a difference in the dates, but as of this AM I still can't pull up the sticker.

I order a hybrid with everything except parking assist. My VIN is 3FA6P0LU5DR174033.

Any help with the build date would be appreciated.

I live in SE Pennsylvania and a 7-state check found zero hybrids with the options I wanted. There are very few hybrids on the dealer lots.

I see many posts here where the dealer required a downpayment. Mine didn't and I've never bought a car through this dealer.

Edited by hermans

The dealers here in northeast Pa are finally getting stock in. They had an S here, or an SE there, but not more than 1 or 2 cars. The first Titanium AWD in the area arrived yesterday. Grabbing a coffee and heading down to see it! Have 7 months left on my lease and with winter approaching I have no anticipation of leaving with it......my dealer says "you never know" .....he knows me too well lol !

• Like 1

ETIS shows 11/30 build date. I don't know why there would be a difference in the dates, but as of this AM I still can't pull up the sticker.

Mine shows the same, Build date is shown like that on the ETIS on all of them before the VIN is in the system, and you can get the window sticker. I can't pull mine up yet either, and I don't assume the ETIS data comes up until the car is built. It was even showing that number below for cars a few months ago too, before the stickers were available, or built yet. Don't worry too much about the ETIS data, it some times is wrong anyways, and apparently we all drive 2002 Transit Connects :D

Build Date: 30.11.0002

Edited by -Strike-

The dealers here in northeast Pa are finally getting stock in. They had an S here, or an SE there, but not more than 1 or 2 cars. The first Titanium AWD in the area arrived yesterday. Grabbing a coffee and heading down to see it! Have 7 months left on my lease and with winter approaching I have no anticipation of leaving with it......my dealer says "you never know" .....he knows me too well lol !

First car I took out for a test drive, Titanium AWD, (after I ordered mine) and let me tell you... Heh! You will like it!

• Like 1

First car I took out for a test drive, Titanium AWD, (after I ordered mine) and let me tell you... Heh! You will like it!

You were right! I LOVE IT. Completely exceeded my expectations. It was very cold this morning when I got there so as expected, the 2.0L made a little noise at start-up which i'll have to get used to.

I can't stand the noises that 4 bangers make it general but it looks like i'll have to get used to it because I HAVE to have this car. Told my dealer what I wanted and he is going to order it first week of March.

He's saying 8-10 weeks at least so I think i'm going to tell him to order in mid Feb. instead. If it comes in earlier i'll just hold on to the Escape till the lease is up in July and have two car payments for a short while, unless he can get me out of it (He's saying I can get out in May so i'll only have to keep the Escape about a month if the Fusion comes in April which I can do). I am more excited about the sound system more than anything. I thought the system in my Escape with 6 speakers was good, holy hell!!!!

• Like 2

Haha, I knew it! I had the same feels after I drove it too. I had already ordered mine almost month and a half before I actually saw one in person, so just to confirm what I was getting myself into was exciting, and kind of makes the wait harder. The one I drove was pretty quiet, didn't hear any engine noise at start up (sitting inside) - Just heard the starter motor fire off, and that was it. It was fairly cool when I took it out. Couldn't really hear anything from the motor when I was inside while driving either, only a little "roar" under full throttle. I didn't get a chance to play with the stereo on the day either, as I just test drove it for the heck of it to see one of them in person, that's also great news ;p

• Like 1

I'm planning on at least 2 - 4 months wait time for mine (ordered SE Hybrid 10-26).. which is fine... I'm going to use the wait to get the best downpayment I can...and to get all my other "ducks in a row' financing, insurance, etc.. etc..

That's exactly my thinking on it, also. I'm hoping to pay the vast majority of this in cash (am very credit averse) and the longer the wait, the more I will have saved. For me, the biggest problem is the timing on selling my current car. If I sell it before the Christmas holidays (probably a good time to sell) it would mean being without my own car for a month or two. That is workable, but just barely, for my husband and me.