Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

Please indulge me in my rant....

2013 Fusion Titanium, ordered Sept 6, built Nov 8, shipped, Nov 11, delivered to dealer Nov 29.

Fleet vehicle, ordered through National Fleet Dealer in Chicago, delivered to an outlying dealer with a gravel lot in Iowa, 35 miles from my home, with 4 other dealers closer. I know the local dealers probably aren't that excited with a fleet car.

I understand that the delivery dealer is not making money on the transaction other than a small stipen for washing the car and doing the paperwork.

But, I was told that the local dealer "expects to be able to deliver either Saturday, Monday, or Tuesday."

Customer Service? Will I want to take the car back for service with these guys? It could have been an opportunity for a local guy to gain a loyal customer.

Very dissatisfied with the whole approach and so far, the worst experience I've had with purchasing a new vehicle of the 30 something new cars I've bought.

Aren't all roads & parking lots in Iowa gravel?

Picked up My Fusion TI a couple hours ago (less than 24 hours after my return from Afghanistan). In my case, I found out that tracking my vehicle was easiest when done through the reps on Ford.com. I ordered through a Military Fleet Program, and the dealership where I picked the vehicle up from, did not have the most friendliest staff. I guess when the dealership is not making much money, they are not the friendliest people. My vehicle was the first TI model they had received, and I guess they have fun driving it, since it had 47 Miles on it. The MFT upgrade was a pain in the A**, the staff said it would take roughly 1 hour to update, and about 2 hours later, four tech's were standing around scratching their heads. They eventually figured it out and I was on my way. The car is amazing though, you will attract a lot of attention. I will spend most of the day reading the owners manual, and trying to figure out MFT, since it seems to be so much you can do. If anyone has any questions about the car, I am off work for the next couple days so I will try and answer them. This Forum has helped me out, and I want to return the favor.

• Like 2

I will spend most of the day reading the owners manual, and trying to figure out MFT,

Congrats on the new ride! If you haven't done so already, go to www.motorcraftservice.com and download the manuals in PDF, makes it much easier to Ctl-F to find something than to flip through pages!

So pissed off right now. My car was originally ordered from my dealerships Wilmington branch (about 2 hours away from me) but my sales guy said it was being redirected to Raleigh. When I asked him last week if he knew the ETA he said they don't track vehicles, and that he'd let me know when it showed up....

Your vehicle is sitting at your dealership and has been there since Thursday night.

Delivered - Final Delivered (United Road Service ) F21354 - Capital Ford Lincoln Of Wilmington Wilmington, NC Nov-29-2012, 23:35 ET.

I'll be having some words with him this morning....

Edited by Camride

Just talked to him, he indeed did not know it was in Wilmington. He's going to find out when it's being delivered here hopefully today (he's actually off today). I'm a bit annoyed that I knew more about the location of the car than him, but whatever. At this point I just hope they can get it here quickly so I can take it home.

Question......

The sync update for vehicles with NAV require an SD card to be ordered from Ford...

Are they readily available or do we have to wait because of back orders or other junk?

Also, I feel horrible for those waiting now for the 1.6 EcoBoost recall..

Thanks,

Question......

The sync update for vehicles with NAV require an SD card to be ordered from Ford...

Are they readily available or do we have to wait because of back orders or other junk?

Also, I feel horrible for those waiting now for the 1.6 EcoBoost recall..

Thanks,

If you've already got your car, just call your dealership and ask them about the newest update for Sync, and see if they have them on order or what not. Mine, as far as I can tell is still due for the latest update, but I didn't press my dealership about it as I just picked up the car on Saturday. It's something Ford may contact us about via Mail, as well. I don't know yet.

You can register on http://www.syncmyride.com and download/install your own updates. I didn't register since I don't have a VIN yet, but was reading through the SYNC support pages about how anyone can update their SYNC by downloading the update to a flash drive :)

Not for this latest update because a) it requires a new nav card and B) you must be up to date on previous updates or you can brick the system. Unless you want to bootleg it from the TSB link you need to take it to the dealer.

Just ran the updates, there was a couple installations; took like 4 seconds to load it into the car using USB3.0 stick. Syncmyride is now showing this below.. So looks like I'm up to date now

Thanks for the headsup akirby, I'll ask my dealer this morning when I stop in. Does Ford send these out in the mail, or just to the dealerships?

Confirmed installations

DA5T-14D546-AF

DA5T-14D546-BB

DA5T-14D546-DB

DA5T-14F496-AF

DA5T-14F497-AF

DA5T-14F497-AJ

DA5T-14F657-AG

DA5T-14F657-AK

Edited by -Strike-

Just ran the updates, there was a couple installations; took like 4 seconds to load it into the car using USB3.0 stick. Syncmyride is now showing this below.. So looks like I'm up to date now

Thanks for the headsup akirby, I'll ask my dealer this morning when I stop in. Does Ford send these out in the mail, or just to the dealerships?

Confirmed installations

DA5T-14D546-AF

DA5T-14D546-BB

DA5T-14D546-DB

DA5T-14F496-AF

DA5T-14F497-AF

DA5T-14F497-AJ

DA5T-14F657-AG

DA5T-14F657-AK

Only to dealers AFAIK.

If you've already got your car, just call your dealership and ask them about the newest update for Sync, and see if they have them on order or what not. Mine, as far as I can tell is still due for the latest update, but I didn't press my dealership about it as I just picked up the car on Saturday. It's something Ford may contact us about via Mail, as well. I don't know yet.

Is it the tech package that brings wifi connections to the fusion? Can you upgrade using the wifi connection?