Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

Has your dealer tried doing a search for for a car like yours? Here is the US they can do up to a 7 state search. I don't know what the search parameters are in Canada.

My car was built on 11/7 and within an hour of being built it went to an offsite lot "awaiting shipment". It came back a few days later and was shipped. Sounds like yours was one of the first in the big storage lot in the sky and will be one of the last ones out. Yes, that does suck.

Have you called Ford Customer Service to get an answer on your car? They assign a case number and are good about getting back to you. Another option is to get the Ford Zone Manager directly involved in the delivery of your car. Form personal experience, they do have the power to move your car along.

I've been buying Fords for a long time now and have had to get a Zone Manager involved a few times, they do have the power to get things done.

Edited by hermans

My car was built on 11/7 and within an hour of being built it went to an offsite lot "awaiting shipment". It came back a few days later and was shipped. Sounds like yours was one of the first in the big storage lot in the sky and will be one of the last ones out. Yes, that does suck.

I guess it's Hermosillo's version of "the cloud" -- someone posted elsewhere (maybe earlier in this thread?) wondering why they have to do all this shipping to flat rock to make the adjustments rather than just fix them at Hermosillo. Probably need to keep the line moving at Hermosillo, and taking more time to work on them there requires more skilled manpower to make the fixes (probably more plentiful at Flat Rock as they ramp up manpower to build Fusions there, right?) and also requires more real estate to hold that many more vehicles than they can afford (which is I wonder if that's what the term "offsite" mean?).

But I agree with expresspotato, yes it does suck that he's waiting, and waiting, and waiting,...

I understand the space issue. They are still building 1,000 plus cars a day - running two shifts a day - 6 days a week. And the beat goes on and on. Add the fact that there is (was) a shortage of railcars. When the economy went South they weren't building railcars. When the auto industry suddenly, unexpectedly fired up there was a railcar shortage and they have been trying to catch up ever since.

My car's stuck as well, but I haven't been waiting nearly as long as some have with a build date of Nov 12. My dealer did place another order for me last week, but I don't have the details yet.

I find it so odd that your car was built 5 days earlier and is stuck in TBD hell, while mine got shipped almost immediately. Mine was also a dealer stock order. Seriously, not trying to rub it in or anything, I'm just really confused as to what is going on out there. I thought they had all of the quality issues sorted out by November, so it doesn't make sense to me that anyone that had their car built in November is waiting.

No eta for my car to be shipped yet, but etis was updated overnight so I can see many of the options. I know that there is a bug so they are showing up as transconnects; however mine says it is a 4 door saloon instead of a sedan. :)

If you aren't stuck in tbd hell, how long is shipping typically taking?

I find it so odd that your car was built 5 days earlier and is stuck in TBD hell, while mine got shipped almost immediately. Mine was also a dealer stock order. Seriously, not trying to rub it in or anything, I'm just really confused as to what is going on out there. I thought they had all of the quality issues sorted out by November, so it doesn't make sense to me that anyone that had their car built in November is waiting.

Agreed. Makes me wonder what else is going on down there in Mexico. Cyberdman said in his update to me this morning that my car must have gotten lost in the backlog of 1.6L's that are probably sitting at the plant.

The only difference I've noticed between your car (and some of the other folks who had similar build dates and have already gotten theirs) and mine is that yours is a Titanium and mine is a SE 2.0

My 2013 FFH was sent to Flat Rock last week. A Ford representative is keeping me posted. I am glad. The dealership does not feel the need to update me at all which drives me insane! I hope the car comes in by the end of the year. I need to know the ETA by the 1st week of January. If it does not come in by then, I will have to cancel my order and wait until I get to Florida to buy a car there. I hope it comes in soon!

No eta for my car to be shipped yet, but etis was updated overnight so I can see many of the options. I know that there is a bug so they are showing up as transconnects; however mine says it is a 4 door saloon instead of a sedan. :)

If you aren't stuck in tbd hell, how long is shipping typically taking?

Mine took 17 days from the date of the build.

I'm almost at the point in canceling my order. I will give it to Christmas week and make the final decision then. Ford is lucky I'm not in any rush, but this is beyond ridiculous...

Our cars were ordered and produced around the same dates (about a week off) and are destined for the same place (GTA ish). You let me know if you hear anything about yours but seriously wtf Ford sucks they didn't do anything and the car is still sitting in Mexico. What bull****. My dealer wont even re-order thinking of paying him a visit and cancelling the order.

Our cars were ordered and produced around the same dates (about a week off) and are destined for the same place (GTA ish). You let me know if you hear anything about yours but seriously wtf Ford sucks they didn't do anything and the car is still sitting in Mexico. What bull****. My dealer wont even re-order thinking of paying him a visit and cancelling the order.

blame your dealer more than ford. Go cancel your order and demand your deposit back. I bet they'd rush to reorder then.

Anyone know if you can see shipping information on etis? I have been able to see extended information since Friday, but I don't if/when I should be able to see any shipping info. Dealer says it has been produced but has no shipping information yet.

what extra information will ETIS show other than the build date and information about the car? Mine was ordered on 10/18 and built 12/6 and no ETA either.

I'm hoping to get the rail car info when its shipped but who knows when that will be. With the Holidays coming up, I really hope it has left so it gets here next week. Other wise probably after the first of the year. Gah. This has been the longest wait of my life.

The extended information I was referring to was just the more detailed information about the car (options basically). I ordered about 3 weeks after you but we have the same build date in etis. I considered ordering back in August but I really wanted to see, touch, drive one before ordering it. I guess at this point I am glad I waited to order considering all of the issues.

Well Fusion #2 was built on Dec 10th as listed. If we add the usual 12-18 days to arrive we should have it at the end of the month. Poor #1 is still sitting in the lot awaiting whatever . . .

expresspotato, dump that useless dealer of yours and have another one ordered. It will most likely beat our lost children in the Herosillo Triangle.