Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

Mine has been between off site to returned to assembly lot since 10/22. This AM it was still awaiting shipment TBD. Just got off the phone with my dealer and told them I wanted to reorder. Waited for a few minutes and the answer was no. Called another dealer 10 miles down the road and talked to the salesman I bought my last Fusion from. He said he would contact the Zone Manager about getting a lower priority number (1 - 9} since I've been waiting so long. I'm picking up my bag of marbles and firing the other dealer and telling them why. Enough IS enough.

• Like 2

Today I was in contact with the National Operations Manager of Ford. He said that a rush was placed on my vehicle and that he cannot confirm when its going to ship. We're now into week 17 for me and we agreed that if it hasn't shipped by the first week of January I can get the vehicle re-ordered. I will aso get free maintenance on the vehicle for the warranty period (which is a mere 3 years).

Edited by expresspotato
  • Like 1

I just returned from the new dealer. The Zone Manager was there and I told him of my experience so far and he agreed to place a priority number of 6 on the new order. I ordered the new car to be the same as my first order, but added remote start. We will see how long this one takes.

Heard from my dealer today and my re-ordered car so off the production line awaiting shipment. That means it's right on schedule since the build date was yesterday. Said it should ship before Christmas -- sure hope it does!

That is nice. Minie was built 11/08/12 and is still awaiting shipment.

I am also "Awaiting Shipment"

Ordered July 14,2012

Build date: Nov.5, 2012

Ford Customer Relationship Centre says that all Fusions will be shipped by Dec.31st.

We shall see!

We shall see indeed. It would certainly make many of us very happy if it actually happens.

Well I was tired of waiting for my car about 6 weeks ago but couldn't do anything about it because there was simply no fusion hybrids on dealer lots back then. Well they are showing up now and I found one very similar to the one I ordered. I bought it today. It was built on 11-23 so it didn't get stuck in TBD hell. I'm glad I got the fusion. It is everything I was expecting it to be. Still not happy about waiting so long but I am in a better mood for the holidays now.

• Like 7

I talked with my relative the other day who works at the Flat Rock plant. The amount of Fusions coming to Flat Rock have been reduced to a trickle. At the height of the transfers they were coming in various states of repair, from cars that were partly disassembled and their parts were shipped in boxes with them to fully assembled cars that looked like there was nothing wrong with them. They have been fixing the cars and sending them out as fast as they can.

The problem is they continued to produce cars in Mexico and when the issues hit the fan down there they didn't have enough people or room to handle the problem. As others have said, in the storage lots they are "first in - last out." I think the solution would have been to take out the front part of the fencing and work first in - first out.

When they get the Flat Rock line running for Fusions they will still continue to make hybrid Fusions and all of the MKZ Lincolns in Mexico. He has seen the Mexico plant and says it's a duplicate, build line wise of Flat Rock. And to Fords statement that all the affected Fusions will be shipped by the end of December? They are working at it, but the end of December is "pie in the sky."

I am getting really worried. I would really like this car but I am at the point where I might have to pull out and go with a different car. I need a car before the middle of January. The last I heard was that my car was in Flat Rock. As long as the give me a solid ETA on my car that is within the time I need it, I will be less worried but I do not think that is going to happen.

Just heard from my car dealer and just got a belated Christmas present. My re-order has shipped!! It's in New Mexico with an ETA in Houston of 1/5. The long wait is finally about to come to an end. If I'm this excited now, I can't even imagine how it will feel to pick up that new car and drive away in it.

Just heard from my car dealer and just got a belated Christmas present. My re-order has shipped!! It's in New Mexico with an ETA in Houston of 1/5. The long wait is finally about to come to an end. If I'm this excited now, I can't even imagine how it will feel to pick up that new car and drive away in it.

What model is it? I'm anxiously waiting for my se hybrid to ship.

On new builds at least it seems that Ford is on the ball. My second order was built on 12/11 and I got it on 12/21. Yours was built on 12/19 and I'll bet you will have it before 1/5. Congrats on your new Fusion. I think you will love it.

What model is it?  I'm anxiously waiting for my se hybrid to ship.

It's a Titanium in White Platinum - sunroof w/garage door opener, 19" H-spoke dark aluminum wheels & driver-assist package.  I had ordered the premium floormats, but will decline them if I can.  I ordered some custom mats from AutoSport that I had seen in a friend's car.  They arrived last week and look fabulous!

On new builds at least it seems that Ford is on the ball.  My second order was built on 12/11 and I got it on 12/21.  Yours was built on 12/19 and I'll bet you will have it before 1/5.  Congrats on your new Fusion.  I think you will love it.

Thanks! I'm hoping to get it sooner, too, and I'm really encouraged by how quickly you received yours. If the car was in New Mexico last night, it shouldn't take much longer to get to here, even though it's taking the west-to-east trek (11 hours driving) through Texas to Houston. Believe me, I'm ready for it as soon as it arrives. I cleaned everything out of the old TL in late October when I was first expecting a November 6 delivery on car #1.

I am curious - do you know what priority was assigned to your re-order?

It's a priority 9 (Normal). I was told they were pushing to get as many as possible out last week before the plant shuts down for the holidays this week. I was really skeptical that it would happen, but I got lucky. I think it shipped Saturday, 12/22, after being built Wednesday, 12/19.