Mulally, Farley talk Lincoln on CBS This Morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ettiWQxvE4

A good talk about Lincoln, Ford, and the Fiscal Cliff.

Al also made it to the "couch" on Fox this morning. They had a brief discussion on Al's visit to the White House and then went down to the street for a look at the MKZ. ANY coverage is good. The opening leading up to the piece had a Frank Sinatra tune playing with the MKZ parked at the curb.. Looks like they are making as big play on the nostalgia issue. And in the CBS piece I noted Farley made a comment about the "discreet" luxury car buyer. Sounds like they might be saying.."we are not selling "bling". I think that can reasonate with a lot of people.

And in the CBS piece I noted Farley made a comment about the "discreet" luxury car buyer. Sounds like they might be saying.."we are not selling "bling". I think that can reasonate with a lot of people.

I think that's a very big demographic really. I could see my mom falling into that category. My dad has constantly tried to talk her into a luxury car, but she just wants something that's a little more understated. She wants the luxury features without all the attention. Right now she drives a Toyota Avalon. She liked the MKZ when I showed her pictures.

I would LOVE to see the Presidential Limousine detail return to the Lincoln Motor Company. THAT would be a real coup and work to re-invent our beloved brand!!!

The only thing is that it would be most likely built off a Super Duty Frame like the current Presidential Limo is...I think its off a GM Top Kick heavy duty truck?

Mulally's presence and charisma makes Farley look quite stiff.

Mulally's presence and charisma would make Richard Pryor in his heyday look stiff. In every interview I've ever seen with him, he always looks and sounds upbeat and cheerful, like he really enjoys his job.

However, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Jim's handlers had a shock collar stuck to his junk in case he says anything out of line, which could easily explain his relatively quiet demeanor.

Or maybe he remembers astronaut Pete Conrad's motto: You don't embarrass the chief, boys. When the boss is talking, you let the boss do the talking...

Edited by SoonerLS