Ford Doubling its Dividend

I think I would be happier If Ford used the money they are spending on this dividend to Finish reviving Lincoln.

Long-Term a healthy and strong Lincoln will drive stock prices higher than a doubling of the dividend. IMHO.

I'd be happy if they started buying back shares - they issued so many during the downturn that it diluted the stock. A nice 2/3 Billion dollar stock repurchase would be great for the stock/Share holders and the company going forward.

I think I would be happier If Ford used the money they are spending on this dividend to Finish reviving Lincoln.

Long-Term a healthy and strong Lincoln will drive stock prices higher than a doubling of the dividend. IMHO.

If Ford revives the stock with a small dividend, Ford could probably do another stock or bond release

and either kill more debt or raise more cash for product development..

Edited by jpd80

With the P/E ratio being so crazy low ie around 4 and a bit, F is heavily undervalued imho. Maybe not this year, but $20 is very doable in the next 18 months or so imho. Which is a massive gain % wise. Very happy about this. Also I am letting my dividends automatically reinvest

• Like 1

Agreed. Though the payou percentage is still pretty low, so it prolly was needed to get the stock up, and the credit rating too.

Also, hope they put some more investing into China/Asia. As the profit margins will eventually grow there

here is why this happeded

"The Ford family, which owns more than 70 million shares of the Ford Motor Co., stands to make $28.3 million this year with the news that the automaker is doubling its quarterly dividend.

"

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130111/AUTO0102/301110333/1148/auto01/Ford-family-collect-28M-dividend-rise

here is why this happeded

"The Ford family, which owns more than 70 million shares of the Ford Motor Co., stands to make $28.3 million this year with the news that the automaker is doubling its quarterly dividend.

"

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130111/AUTO0102/301110333/1148/auto01/Ford-family-collect-28M-dividend-rise

$28.3 M is small potatoes for the Ford family...

$28.3 M is small potatoes for the Ford family...

not since they have been receiving precious little income from the company in the last five or six years,

dividends were only restored in 2011 and before that the Ford's hadn't received income since before 2006..

Among the biggest beneficiaries of the increased dividends is Executive Chairman Bill Ford Jr., who has 14.5 million common shares of Ford stock and more than 4 million Class B shares, according to last year's company proxy statement. He will make nearly $7.5 million this year in dividend payments.

And outside the Ford family, company CEO Alan Mulally, who owns nearly 22.4 million shares of Ford's common stock, stands to receive about $9 million this year in dividend payments.

Edited by jpd80

not since they have been receiving precious little income from the company in the last five or six years,

dividends were only restored in 2011 and before that the Ford's hadn't received income since before 2006..

My point was that the Ford family could live quite well for the rest of their lives if they never received another penny in Ford dividends. They have nothing to worry about income-wise.

My point was that the Ford family could live quite well for the rest of their lives if they never received another penny in Ford dividends. They have nothing to worry about income-wise.

Yeah, IIRC Bill Ford Snr has around $500 million in ordinary shares as well as what the Family collectively owns in special B stock..

It's about time that Ford repaid its investors.

3% dividend return is very reasonable with a 4.4 EPS and earnings expected to be .25 or higher.

Not sure about the Ford family, but I can sure use the dividend increase.

For a few years now speculators were buying in front of quarterly results, waiting for the stock to jump and then selling it,

that happened over and over until the market analysts woke up that Ford wasn't going bankrupt at all.

Restoring dividends is good news for investors and gives Ford the chance to offer more stock or Ford Credit bonds to raise cash

and reduce borrowing s further, even though that causes dilution, it makes the company and the stock more secure..