Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

You're pissed and appalled at the guy that's doing you a favor on his own time? Follow the rules and there won't be an issue.

I agree with Jeff_H .

Maybe cyberdman is sometimes hostile but for gosh sakes this is on his own time, and he is doing us a favor.

If we all read the rules enough times maybe before each post until we are very familiar with them this would not happen.

• Like 2

I have tracked 3 cars, including this one, with cyberdman. No issues. He reminded me of the 2 week rule when I was unscheduled clean once. Simple reminder. Now I re-read the rules and subscribe to his thread as he suggests.

Put yourself in his shoes. On any given day, around 10-20 people ask for status updates. Mondays are worse. He is doing this on his own, early before work. He has had multitudes of people ask him questions he cannot answer or he knows from experience will be a certain time before it changes. I don't mind his brevity at all. He is trying to crank out all of those responses as quickly as possible on a daily basis. I have never once had him not answer by the following work day to anything I have asked. That's a heck of a lot better than you can from most people.

Ford SHOULD do something better, and they have started to with being able to ask through social media. It still isn't as good as cyberdman's responses.

I have been using both sources this time, because I couldn't wait for my waiting period of two weeks. Turns out I didn't need it, because the two weeks are up, and according to @FordService, there are no changes.

When you get done and your car is delivered, you'll see that his dates and knowledge are right on target, because he has experienced this for a long time and knows the process inside and out. The young kid running the Twitter account doesn't have this wealth of knowledge, as is displayed by the replies we get from those outlets.

Edited by jcg1005

I have tracked 3 cars, including this one, with cyberdman. No issues. He reminded me of the 2 week rule when I was unscheduled clean once. Simple reminder. Now I re-read the rules and subscribe to his thread as he suggests.

Put yourself in his shoes. On any given day, around 10-20 people ask for status updates. Mondays are worse. He is doing this on his own, early before work. He has had multitudes of people ask him questions he cannot answer or he knows from experience will be a certain time before it changes. I don't mind his brevity at all. He is trying to crank out all of those responses as quickly as possible on a daily basis. I have never once had him not answer by the following work day to anything I have asked. That's a heck of a lot better than you can from most people.

Ford SHOULD do something better, and they have started to with being able to ask through social media. It still isn't as good as cyberdman's responses.

I have been using both sources this time, because I couldn't wait for my waiting period of two weeks. Turns out I didn't need it, because the two weeks are up, and according to @FordService, there are no changes.

When you get done and your car is delivered, you'll see that his dates and knowledge are right on target, because he has experienced this for a long time and knows the process inside and out. The young kid running the Twitter account doesn't have this wealth of knowledge, as is displayed by the replies we get from those outlets.

I agree with this.. Its realllllllllllllllyyyyyy frustrating when CyberDman is the only person whom can give you an accurate accounting of where in the process your car is at. I have called and left voice mails with the dealership, no responce. I have left calls with the GM at the dealership. No responce. Who do I go to to find someone who talk to me and be able to pull up viability reports when the dealership fails?

Hey all remember, there are a lot of resources out there. Cyberdman is just one, so spread it out among the others and you can keep up on the status without bugging him to much. Captinkirk said his Dealership did not know what a Visibility Report was, well then educate them. Our salesman should be the ones giving us this info, but sometimes they need to learn themselves or at least learn that we know what can be done. My dealer started out telling me nothing, but now when I email (directly to the manger handling orders), they send back an instant response with a screenshot of my Visibility Report (now including the detail history). It is because of all of you on the forum that I know what to ask and what to expect, so THANK YOU!!!! And now my salesman calls/texts/emails me on questions like "how do I track cars in transit". I love it, thanks guys!

Other resources: Twitter @FordServices, Facebook: Eric of Ford and Trina of Ford. If they do not give you what you are looking for, ask them for more info.

Hahaha that would be awesome! I would pay an extra $50 for that.

So you want a Phil Rizzuto-type rep at each plant to watch the line and update a web page that people can view? Holy Cow here comes another Titanium, it's a White Platinum, wow she's a beauty just look at 'er go, and on go the tires yes she's all pumped up and ready to roll now!

Loosa's HiTi had no trouble getting on a train!! It was built on 3/18 and in New Mexico in 4 days!!

In Transit - Passing (Union Pacific Railroad ) Sanrosa, NM Mar-21-2013, 22:17 MT.

ETA Mar-31-2013.

Maybe the problem is with your particular energi rprobst? Held up for additional inspections? There are 4 other energi's that were built around the same time is yours that have been delivered or are enroute.

rprobst

If only. Rail cars seem to be in short supply right now. My car has been waiting for a train for 17 days (so far).

Boy, that is so frustrating!

Maybe it was held up for additional inspection, but I suspect that these "ramps" that cars sit on while waiting for rail cars are managed on a last-in-first-out basis, so if cars built later get parked in front of my car, they are likely to get on a train before my car does. At least, that's what I heard people say last year when so many gas Fusions disappeared into "TBD hell".

I'm a Buddhist, and patience is something I am supposed to be cultivating. This situation is certainly giving me an opportunity to practice that.

As I have laid out in another post, I actually have 2 Energis on order. The one waiting for a train is dealer-ordered, the other is retail. It's supposed to be built next week. So it will be fun to see if the 1st-ordered-2nd-built car can get shipped faster than the 2nd-ordered-1st-built car...

The issue is my status has changed sense the last update. I am not in an unscheduled. According to the people over at fleet my date changed earler. So that's why I am asking because information has changed.

Since your have a sticker, your status is "In Production - Sent to Plant". That status doesn't have a build date, it's just "In Production". Eric and @FordService are correct when they say that your car is "In Production" - that's what the vehicle visibility reports shows.

What you're asking for is the "Scheduled to Date", which is the status your order had before it changed to "In Production". It takes a few extra clicks to see the full status history of the vehicle visibility report and Cyberdman doesn't provide that. He only provides the current status, so you'll have to find another way of getting that history.

I was able to do that after I sat down with my sales person and had her click the different links on that website. Most people don't even know it's there. Since your dealer can't do this for you, just wait until the car is built. Etis will show the build date the day after your car is done building.

Cyberdman is obviously doing this out of his own generosity.Complaining about free services....

I've actually shown surprisingly great patience, taking the "it'll get here when it gets here" approach, but with this topic, I decided to ask Cyberdman for an update... I mainly lurk on here, so I guess my # of posts doesn't meet his requirements. Would I like an update on my VIN? Sure. Am I going to call him names because he has established rules? Absolutely not. Get over it.

• Like 4

This is getting frustrating, ordered mid December and it hasn't been scheduled yet. The latest reply from the rep to dealer said 'The Fusion did not schedule, however you have allocation in week 13 and 15 watch the order bank for scheduling'

Looks like it's not scheduling because of allocation, guess that's what I get by supporting a smaller local dealer then going to one of the many bigger dealers around. Getting to the point it if doesn't schedule week 13 just to cancel the order, or maybe I should order from a bigger dealer and see which one gets built faster.

Far, far too many messages being posted complaining about someone that is spending his own time tracking vehicle status for too many enthusiastic customers that seem to be more self-centered on what they want instead of considering that someone is doing his best to provide the information they want with some basic rules in place.

Instead of spending so much time complaining here about your Dealership's Sales Representative not providing the information you want... contact the Sales Manager directly. If the Sales Manager can't provide the information, go up the ladder to the General Manager and then to the Dealer Principal if necessary. If at any point you're told that they don't know, can't get the information you requested or tell you that they don't know what a "Vehicle Visibility" report is, contact Ford directly and file a complaint. The "Vehicle Visibility" report feature has been active for several years now and there is absolutely NO excuse for any Dealer to NOT be aware of it or know how to access it. Believe me, I know, as I run a "Vehicle Visibility" report every morning, 6 days a week, that is distributed each day to our General Manager, Sales Manager, Finance Manager, Executive Sales Assistant & BDC Manager. As such, they all know each morning the latest status of every Retail and Fleet order!

• Like 2

Far, far too many messages being posted complaining about someone that is spending his own time tracking vehicle status for too many enthusiastic customers that seem to be more self-centered on what they want instead of considering that someone is doing his best to provide the information they want with some basic rules in place.

Instead of spending so much time complaining here about your Dealership's Sales Representative not providing the information you want... contact the Sales Manager directly. If the Sales Manager can't provide the information, go up the ladder to the General Manager and then to the Dealer Principal if necessary. If at any point you're told that they don't know, can't get the information you requested or tell you that they don't know what a "Vehicle Visibility" report is, contact Ford directly and file a complaint. The "Vehicle Visibility" report feature has been active for several years now and there is absolutely NO excuse for any Dealer to NOT be aware of it or know how to access it. Believe me, I know, as I run a "Vehicle Visibility" report every morning, 6 days a week, that is distributed each day to our General Manager, Sales Manager, Finance Manager, Executive Sales Assistant & BDC Manager. As such, they all know each morning the latest status of every Retail and Fleet order!

The GM is the one who is handeling the order and doing a very poor job. Who can I talk to if the GM is failing at his job?

I know you're frustrated. It's really hard operating within the current bounds of available information. You do get a lot more flies with honey than vinegar. Maybe just do a "mea culpa" with cyberdman and start getting the information you need. Remember the Golden Rule - he who has the gold rules. All this isn't worth getting so upset over.

I called my Sales rep today and finally talked to him (after sending two emails and leaving a voicemail during the week). He said the Sales Manager or GM (who were not there) were the only guys that had access to check status of my vehicle and that I should call tomorrow. Anyway, I checked online for the Window Sticker tonight and it is now there. WoooHoooo!!!!

• Like 1

So I got ahold of my dealership this afternoon after leaving three voicemails, and emailing the internet gal with no response. The Sales Manager is the General Manager for my dealership and the guy refuses to allow me to have a copy of the visibility report. He was openly complaining that he has to log in every time to see what my status is as well as he "doesn't have the time to deal with me". From his quote. There is no support coming from this dealership what so ever. I sent Trina a pm via facebook, but I think this is her day off. Is there someone I can talk to like a factory rep? Also who do I talk to at Corp. Ford about the lack of support coming from the dealership. I am really irritated with this GM and would really like to go over his head and deal with someone else.

He was openly complaining that he has to log in every time to see what my status is as well as he "doesn't have the time to deal with me".

Sorry about your experience, however dealers sure seem interested in their post-delivery survey ratings, so the above quote is perhaps one that can make it into your survey submission.... it won't help your efforts for tracking, but does enable you to have your say on how professional the dealer was/wasn't.

Added - you note on your signature that your scheduled build date was 3/25 but actual 3/19... I looked at your window sticker and 3/19 is the date that it was generated and not the build... I looked at your VIN in Etis and the car has not been built yet... check Etis on Tuesday or Wednesday and maybe the actual build date will show up as it's currently scheduled for build on Monday.

Edited by jeff_h

OK, I've scoured the rules, but I'm having trouble finding what cyberdman needs for tracking and how I should contact him... he doesn't wan't PMs and the "rule thread" is locked... so, help the mentally challenged (me) please and point me to exactly how to ask cyberdman for an update... thank you...

OK, I've scoured the rules, but I'm having trouble finding what cyberdman needs for tracking and how I should contact him... he doesn't wan't PMs and the "rule thread" is locked... so, help the mentally challenged (me) please and point me to exactly how to ask cyberdman for an update... thank you...

You just start a new thread in VEHICLE LOCATOR BY FORD EMPLOYEES with whatever title you decide and provide Dealer number and order number -or- VIN if you have it. One or the other. Then simply request a status update. It's that simple. He always answers early the morning of the next day.

Don't forget he requires a minimum number of posts before you can use his service.

Edited by Fastronaut