Chicago 2013: 2014 Tundra Live Reveal

92LX302

Father's selling RVs... Most people that come to looks at 30+ foot trailers with Toyota have to call their dealership and send them the specs to get the approval to haul it with their Tundra without voiding the warranty... And most of the time they're denied.

...and that it is, well.....a Toyota....

The obvious notwithstanding. ;)

We have an old, gutted International bus used for drums and uniforms, an old Grumman box van for wind instruments, and a long trailer for all our front ensemble equipment. Whichever truck-owning parent volunteers to haul it for the season wins. I don't get a brand preference. :rockon:

Not impressed. Toyota is getting more conservative, not less. Same drivetrain, just different styling as in more bling and rugged looks to copy the Americans. I will say this though....designed in Ann Arbor, MI and assembled in U.S.A. The lines between what is American and foreign are blurrying more and more. I hate to say it, but as years pass, I find Toyota, Nissan, and Honda in particular to be about as American as you can get any more. The traditionally Big Three really have to up their game as they have been doing, since less and less Americans buy into that kind of loyalty anymore.

I love how everybody on AB praise the 'embossed tailgate', while the Super Duty had it since 2008..

And I think Ford should paint them like this instead of being body colored. It's amazing what a difference this makes!

post-22073-0-17638100-1360259276_thumb.jpg

EDIT: I know, the truck was dirty, but you get the idea. :)

Edited by fordmantpw

I originally had vinyl ones. They started to shrink and peel after awhile. Those ones are actually the stainless steel inserts you may have seen around and I had those painted individually.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing in black on my LX, but I fear it might looks out of place. However my tails are tinted and my hatch windows is tinted 5%. Maybe if I had pre-91 black body moldings..