Ford launching Tourneo minivan at Geneva show

Tourneo Courier is the passenger version of Transit Courier.

CarScoop-Ford-Courier-Tourneo-E.jpg

big_Ford_Go_Further_Event_23.jpg

Transit/Tourneo Courier - B-segment (Fiesta based)

Transit/Tourneo Connect - C-segment (Focus based)

Transit/Tourneo Custom - Midsize FWD

Transit/Tourneo - Fullsize RWD/AWD

Edited by bzcat

If they stick to the 3000 lb towing capacity, this would be too small. It would really need to be C based.

anything is possible. I don't see an reason why this could not replace the Courier, using it's tall roof to provide a good driving position and good interior space.

in the EU the Focus is rated to tow 3200lbs.

The Connect grill is similar to Escape. Both seem like a generation behind the rest of the Ford line up.

I would guess the Escape treatment was done alongside the Focus - and (just guessing) both will be updated to resemble the refreshed Fiesta when they get their refreshes. I guess the Escape could get something similar to the Ecosport (ick).

Intrigued how well the Transit/Tourneo Courier will do... The first Transit Connect was apparently based on the Fiesta (think Bantum with a box). Ford has has a bit of success with the Fiesta Van, but I think that is based on the minimal cost to produce not do to overwhelming sales. The Transit/Tourneo Courier would seem to have a broader appeal than the Fiesta Van, but is a much more costly vehicle to produce. We'll see if the sales are there to justify the cost...

Intrigued how well the Transit/Tourneo Courier will do... The first Transit Connect was apparently based on the Fiesta (think Bantum with a box). Ford has has a bit of success with the Fiesta Van, but I think that is based on the minimal cost to produce not do to overwhelming sales. The Transit/Tourneo Courier would seem to have a broader appeal than the Fiesta Van, but is a much more costly vehicle to produce. We'll see if the sales are there to justify the cost...

Transit courier owes its life to the B-max, which it is a B-max With a B-pillar.

Fiesta Van dominated its segment (UK) with a 65.5% share

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/Ford%20Leads%20In%20Buoyant%20UK%20Market.aspx

I would guess the Escape treatment was done alongside the Focus - and (just guessing) both will be updated to resemble the refreshed Fiesta when they get their refreshes. I guess the Escape could get something similar to the Ecosport (ick).

Prob not, I'm thinking 2015 Edge grill, which is more or less a Taurus shaped opening with a floating Ford oval in it.