Ford Reveals 50th Anniversary Logo for Mustang

I 'slept' on it and although I appreciate Minimalism, there is nothing about this logo which stands out compared to all the Mustang logos and merchandise already out there. Therefore, I have to call it a miss.

Right.

For this to work under the Paul Rand/Saul Bass logo minimalism approach, there *has* to be a twist of some sort.

It can't just be the logo and "50 YEARS". There has to be a bit of visual cleverness, creative use of negative space, implied shapes formed by outlines (e.g. the WWF logo or the former Big Ten logo)

http://creativebits.org/branding/world_wildlife_fund_logo_sketches

Edited by RichardJensen

Right.

For this to work under the Paul Rand/Saul Bass logo minimalism approach, there *has* to be a twist of some sort.

It can't just be the logo and "50 YEARS". There has to be a bit of visual cleverness, creative use of negative space, implied shapes formed by outlines (e.g. the WWF logo or the former Big Ten logo)

thankyou Richard....thats the minimalist version of my tirade.....lol....they cant just leave this as it sits.....IMO if they do then they are lost when it comes to the significance of 50 years....50 years, thats awesome...and historically for a car...significant.

Edited by Deanh

Right.

thus my comment about using the Galloping horse as a silhouette in the 0 of 50 years....and Nick, that took 30 seconds....

You've had way more than 15 minutes now to show us your superior design.

Im not going to waste my time, my POINT is nick...the result of a design competition is a total cop out with ZERO creativity, if you cant come to grips with that, I send my condolences.....and please, the "jabs" are un-necessary....

Edited by Deanh

Im not going to waste my time, my POINT is nick...the result of a design competition is a total cop out with ZERO creativity, if you cant come to grips with that, I send my condolences.....and please, the "jabs" are un-necessary....

I guess I disagree on it having zero creativity. I just don't know what people were expecting. It's a design for marketing materials for crying out loud.

I guess I disagree on it having zero creativity. I just don't know what people were expecting. It's a design for marketing materials for crying out loud.

I would maybe agree with you if you could explain the creative process that resulted in the ubiquitous galloping horse slapped above the number fifty...WOW, thats creative, no one could have seen that coming...oh, and waters wet.....even the sarcastic Grey with wrinkles shows more imagination....as I previously said, Ford missed a GOLDEN oppurtunity for free PR and Social Media interplay, a nationwide competition could have been absolutely invaluable....AND resulted in a superior end product......

Edited by Deanh

I would maybe agree with you if you could explain the creative process that resulted in the ubiquitous galloping horse slapped above the number fifty...WOW, thats creative, no one could have seen that coming...oh, and waters wet.....even the sarcastic Grey with wrinkles shows more imagination....as I previously said, Ford missed a GOLDEN oppurtunity for free PR and Social Media interplay, a nationwide competition could have been absolutely invaluable....AND resulted in a superior end product......

You're right. Ford has no idea what they are doing when it comes to marketing the Mustang.

If it looked more like this:

2003-corvette-002-2.jpg

we'd just be blown away by the additional media coverage.

You're right. Ford has no idea what they are doing when it comes to marketing the Mustang.

Yeah, and we'd all be wondering WTH Ford is doing with a bow tie on the Stang's 50th anniversary badge! :)

2003-corvette-002-2.jpg

so obviously your cup is half empty...its all about missed oppurtunities Nick...marketing 101, they did a better job on the Fiesta...i have no doubt they will adress the 2015 in some ways...but THIS could have been so much more pro-active and started a BIG buzz..........

2003-corvette-002-2.jpg

curiousity now Nick...what exactly is your profession of choice? And what did you study/ get your degrees in?......