The Works $39.95??

blockisle9

Have about 6500 miles on my escape now and am due for a service.

Saw this and was wondering if its worth it or not? Not sure what they get for a basic oil change, but I also wanted to rotate the tires.

Thanks for your input!

THE WORKS FUEL SAVER PACKAGE $39.95 OR LESS*

It could save you as much as $77 in fuel by your next oil change.**

Synthetic Blend Oil Change

Tire Rotation and Pressure Check

Brake Inspection

Multi-Point Inspection

Fluid Top-Off

Battery Test

Filter Check

Belts and Hoses Check

*Up to five quarts of Motorcraft® oil and oil filter. Taxes, diesel vehicles and disposal fees extra. Hybrid battery test excluded. **Source: Based on EPA fuel economy 2010 MY data at http://www.epa.gov/otaq/fetrends.htm and the $3.69 average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gas in the U.S. on October 22, 2012, at www.fueleconomy.gov. See participating dealership for exclusions and details.

At what mileage does the oil change notification come on? Around 10K on my truck, but unsure on my Escape (currently @ 5700). I always request full synthetic with the truck. Well worth the extra few bucks, better for the engine long term and a slight increase in MPG.

Last September I purchased a package deal for three "The Works" service visits for $45.00. They had to be used within one year, which wasn't a problem for me because, after the first visit in September, I took a trip to Louisiana then to Arizona and in February had put on about 6800, miles. I will get the final change this September a week or so before it expires. I also still have the complimentary oil change from when I purchased the car and I'll use that in February or March, after I return from AZ.

I just had this done and my total price was $48. They make this coupon out to sound awesome but then they toss in tax, recycling and some other crappy fees. If Ford is going to release a coupon that says $39 or less, it sure better be that. I'm not sure what sort of car you need to drive in there where the final bill would actually cost less then $39.

I just had this done and my total price was $48. They make this coupon out to sound awesome but then they toss in tax, recycling and some other crappy fees. If Ford is going to release a coupon that says $39 or less, it sure better be that. I'm not sure what sort of car you need to drive in there where the final bill would actually cost less then $39.

None!

Because the coupon says "tax, recycling fees, etc. are additional charges" or to that effect. If you want it done cheaper, go to Jiffy Lube and let them put the wrong or not enough oil in.

• Like 1

I don't go by the oil notification, I'm going by the old school, ever 3000 miles or three months. Don't care if its an over kill

Definitely overkill in any modern engine that sees normal use, but you can't put a price on peace of mind, so whatever works for you.

Oh, and one more benefit of going to the dealership for "The Works": during the multi-poiint inspection the last time I had it in, they noticed the PTU seal was leaking on my Edge. Scheduled an appointment a couple weeks later and got it fixed. It's still under warranty, so it's not like they were doing it in some attempt to rip me off either. I'm sure a place like Jiffy Lube or Pep Boys couldn't have cared less about such a thing.

Edited by NickF1011

My Escape is at the dealer as I type this getting its fourth "The Works". Total every time as been $41 and change. The price is fairly competitive for a synthetic blend oil change and even if it's a few bucks more, the tire rotation is worth it to me. I hate rotating tires myself. I always put a small mark on one of the tires with a Sharpie beforehand just to make sure they actually rotated them, lol.

I'll continue to do "The Works" while this car is under warranty. Whether it makes any difference or not, I like having my oil changes on record with Ford.

Edited by inswva

None!

Because the coupon says "tax, recycling fees, etc. are additional charges" or to that effect. If you want it done cheaper, go to Jiffy Lube and let them put the wrong or not enough oil in.

I'm not saying its to expensive, I'm saying their coupon is misleading. It should say starting at $39, not $39 or less.

I don't go by the oil notification, I'm going by the old school, ever 3000 miles or three months. Don't care if its an over kill

You should... it wastes your time, money, and the oil. The NPR auto guys said it doesn't help the car any either.

My '06 F150 has never had any other oil change than "The Works" completed on it since purchase in 12/06. Every 5 months (usually 3K miles) it goes in. Truck runs like a top still at almost 7yrs old (49K miles), and any issues are addressed sooner rather than later by Ford. Which there have been no major issues other than fluid and filter changes, and the replacement of the front lower ball-joints. Heck, even started taking the wifes Nissan for "The Works", cause the shop she used to take it too cost the same, but didn't have the multi-point inspection nor the tire rotation. But hey, they did vacuum and washed the windows.

I'm not saying its to expensive, I'm saying their coupon is misleading. It should say starting at $39, not $39 or less.

Aren't all coupons this way? States $x.xx amount and consumers should know or learned by now that taxes are over and above the promo price. Like when you see something on sale for $0.99, you know it's still going to cost more than a buck after taxes.

Edited by V8-X

My '06 F150 has never had any other oil change than "The Works" completed on it since purchase in 12/06. Every 5 months (usually 3K miles) it goes in. Truck runs like a top still at almost 7yrs old (49K miles), and any issues are addressed sooner rather than later by Ford. Which there have been no major issues other than fluid and filter changes, and the replacement of the front lower ball-joints. Heck, even started taking the wifes Nissan for "The Works", cause the shop she used to take it too cost the same, but didn't have the multi-point inspection nor the tire rotation. But hey, they did vacuum and washed the windows.

Aren't all coupons this way? States $x.xx amount and consumers should know or learned by now that taxes are over and above the promo price. Like when you see something on sale for $0.99, you know it's still going to cost more than a buck after taxes.

Most coupons would say $39 + taxes and fees. This coupon says $39 or less + taxes and fees. That means the coupon is implying there is some way to get your initial cost less then $39 which there doesn't seem to be.

Most coupons would say $39 + taxes and fees. This coupon says $39 or less + taxes and fees. That means the coupon is implying there is some way to get your initial cost less then $39 which there doesn't seem to be.

In other words, it's $39.00. The or less is there to get you to come to the dealership with the chance it will be less. Is it right to word it that way, probably not, is it a type of bait and switch, maybe, but it does state on the coupon $39.00, so that's what they can charge. Didn't you post this complaint in another thread? You're getting worked up over a few dollars, is it really worth it?

• 5 weeks later...

If you price out synthetic at $9-10 per quart plus filter the works is a good deal and you don't have to get rid of the used oil! At the price of any car now-a-days it is but a small price to pay to keep your vehicle in good condition. Look at your cell bill and check out the add-ons!!!! Like someone said, read the fine print!

If you price out synthetic at $9-10 per quart plus filter the works is a good deal and you don't have to get rid of the used oil! At the price of any car now-a-days it is but a small price to pay to keep your vehicle in good condition. Look at your cell bill and check out the add-ons!!!! Like someone said, read the fine print!

The Ford dealers don't put in full synthetic. If they did you would be charged for it.

• 3 weeks later...