AWS to KTP

gunny169

This 'new" alternative work schedule is coming to KTP.

I would like to know the good the bad and the ugly?

I know there are several versions out there and I think KTP is going to try to mirror LAP.

My concerns...

I can't imagine having a 12 hour work day being the normal

I can't imagine being forced to work every other weekend

I try not to bash the UAW but I can't help but feel we have been sold down the road.

Unions were formed to force an 8 hour day by employers or pay dearly if they required more hours than that AND to have weekends off with your family. Looks like to me that's gone.

This 'new" alternative work schedule is coming to KTP.

I would like to know the good the bad and the ugly?

I know there are several versions out there and I think KTP is going to try to mirror LAP.

My concerns...

I can't imagine having a 12 hour work day being the normal

I can't imagine being forced to work every other weekend

I try not to bash the UAW but I can't help but feel we have been sold down the road.

Unions were formed to force an 8 hour day by employers or pay dearly if they required more hours than that AND to have weekends off with your family. Looks like to me that's gone.

Actually, Henry Ford created our 8 hour work day. 9 hours was the norm prior to him doing so. But soon both of those are out the window company wide. Remember, Bob wants to make the BIG 3 the most profitable makes in the land. At our expense.

Actually, Henry Ford created our 8 hour work day. 9 hours was the norm prior to him doing so. But soon both of those are out the window company wide. Remember, Bob wants to make the BIG 3 the most profitable makes in the land. At our expense.

KTP will be singing the praises of the "GREAT IUAW" very soon after the AWS is put in place..... bend over KTP :eek5: so you can help Bobby and Jimmy insert your AWS.

Bobby and Jimmy are doing the members of KTP such a big favor, all those new JOB`s, all that time with the family and the playing with your OT, starting time and the shift preference night mare, have they started putting in the revolving door for all the new hires, entry level, LTS members?

Here at CAP it`s working out so dam well, that we see so much happines along with a level of sisterhood and brotherhood never seen before :kiss: ...that no one ever wants to go back to that awful traditional work schedule :stop:

There isn`t a week that goes by that you won`t see our Trades members sitting together out by the river singing and enjoying their 12 hour days..... :grouphug:

Good Luck KTP hope everything works out well for you all.

Decker

Wait until your regular scheduled day is an actual holiday, like Easter this year, which in itself is not a UAW or Ford holiday. The holiday is Good Friday. So you will be required to work on the actual holiday for straight time or take 12 hours vac or personal day. There's a lot of overlooked details like this in AWS.

post-14113-0-40256200-1372252304_thumb.png

Edited by chuck734

Here's how it works.

The company hires people for less wages.the uaw gets more dues payers and you work traditional off days for straight time.The company gains,the uaw gains and the people that do the actual work lose.

The uaw no longer represents workers and their rights,they only represent the machine and what the so called "reps."can get out of the "deal".

When the company keeps hiring and the uaw keeps getting members at a lesser hourly rate then be prepared for the next contract offer to be,buy the wages down on the higher paid employees and a raise given to the lower wage employees.The argument will be that it's not fair to the employees to have a two tier wage system.

Just remember that all the uaw reps. are either taking home either skilled trades wages and or team leader wages (remember last contract the team leaders got raises) and the concessions will not affect them nearly as much as the production people.

All this will happen the while fomoco is raking record profits,crying poor to the workers,and telling stock holders how great the company is doing.

• Like 3

Here's how it works.

The company hires people for less wages.the uaw gets more dues payers and you work traditional off days for straight time.The company gains,the uaw gains and the people that do the actual work lose.

The uaw no longer represents workers and their rights,they only represent the machine and what the so called "reps."can get out of the "deal".

When the company keeps hiring and the uaw keeps getting members at a lesser hourly rate then be prepared for the next contract offer to be,buy the wages down on the higher paid employees and a raise given to the lower wage employees.The argument will be that it's not fair to the employees to have a two tier wage system.

Just remember that all the uaw reps. are either taking home either skilled trades wages and or team leader wages (remember last contract the team leaders got raises) and the concessions will not affect them nearly as much as the production people.

All this will happen the while fomoco is raking record profits,crying poor to the workers,and telling stock holders how great the company is doing.

I thought the unions(floor reps) negotiated wage was 10 cents less than assembler wage

Does Bob represent the hourly people or the company? I think he's forgotten as to what side he's on!

• Like 1

“But you’re only working half the year!” “You get every other week off!” “ Once you start it you will like it”. “ No, we won’t be able to go on it because we have to represent you.” “ No, the supervisors won’t be able to go on it either because they have to have their hand on the pulse of the business.” I have heard it all and am sick to my stomach. It was supposed to be advantageous for both parties; bullshit. It only benefits the company and union. Here at DTD we added no additional personnel and lost 70k in total project hrs in two year’s time. But we got 22 million in new investments! Big fffing deal! The only reason they put the money in here is because over the last 15 years we were greedy and shut down almost every Tool and Die shop in the Midwest. “But Ford Dearborn Tool and Die is the benchmark of the business.” The turn around here happened because of a man by the name of Mike Rowley that implemented lean manufacturing that was so robust it took 8 years for the process to break down after new management moved in. Our current management doesn’t have a clue to their success. However, it’s just a matter of time for the truth to expose its self. You can only cook the books and metrics for so long.

• Like 1

We have been on this AWS for about a year now at LAP. Most of the trades that I talk to hate it. Supervision in final are going back to an 8 hour day because they say it is to stressful working 12's. What a joke. Something need's to be done this next contract to get us back to an 8 hour day.

We have been on this AWS for about a year now at LAP. Most of the trades that I talk to hate it. Supervision in final are going back to an 8 hour day because they say it is to stressful working 12's. What a joke. Something need's to be done this next contract to get us back to an 8 hour day.

Oh, there will be something done in the contract......

Decker

• Like 1

At Sharonville We have been on AWS since August last year. It sucks, it's no good for 99% of the the work force. We work 12 hour shifts with no breaks or lunch. The little things in the contract that are there to protect us they don't go by. International won't back the contract on the local level, because we have a UNION TERRORIST AT THE HELM OF THIS SINKING SHIP!

• 2 weeks later...
At Sharonville We have been on AWS since August last year. It sucks, it's no good for 99% of the the work force. We work 12 hour shifts with no breaks or lunch. The little things in the contract that are there to protect us they don't go by. International won't back the contract on the local level, because we have a UNION TERRORIST AT THE HELM OF THIS SINking ship

Really, no breaks and no lunch for 12 hrs. Do they make you wear adult diapers to, hope you're exaggerating

Edited by bigphish
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

yes you get lunch and breaks .

here at lap we have been on it a while and you do get used to it ,for myself i do not mind it.

has a lot of my coworkers agree,and a few hate ths shift ,like the work weekend for straight time part.

holidays are still a mess ,till the do nothing international union gets off the bench and finished the work rules on the aws.

and the 5 days in a row off are nice,unless you choose to cover the other shift and work those days.

in a week the first 2 day off that you work are time and a half ,rest are double time.

on the 4\3-5\2 schedule,at least that is how it is worked out here.

At Sharonville we are considered production so we are told to make our own breaks. We are on a four crew pattern, 12 hour shifts we have been told to eat on our jobs while running. I worked assembly in Atlanta for 3 years so i know hard it is, in production we don't work as hard but 12 hours on concrete floor takes a toll. They no its a problem cause they are now handing out shoe inserts called happy feet. Very few people here like AWS. If the company has to run 24/7, then there making money. They need to share it with us buy allowing tradition hours, weekends is our time if we work its for the money. AWS is just like US Heath care , let's vote it in and then see what's in it!

My Union Gave Me An STD (straight time day)

• 3 weeks later...
At Sharonville We have been on AWS since August last year. It sucks, it's no good for 99% of the the work force. We work 12 hour shifts with no breaks or lunch. The little things in the contract that are there to protect us they don't go by. International won't back the contract on the local level, because we have a UNION TERRORIST AT THE HELM OF THIS SINKING SHIP!

Federal law dictates that you get a lunch break. Somewhere in the plant, they are required to post the federal law on minimum wage and breaks. Seems like LAP's is in or near the cafeteria.